The infamous Jon Jones "pot" quote

Also Shertards excuse Gus for violent assault because he's a "kid" (at 18).

Jones is a junior high snitch and he's next to Hitler.

Jones fanboys are so hurtin right now, I love it.

Jones says cold, heartless shit about Cormier:
"HE EARNED IT! DC DESERVES IT HOW DARE YOU DEFY JONES!"

Jones gets shit for being a drug addict and a hypocrite:
"HEY HE WAS YOUNG BACK OFF

Gus at 27:
"It's not something I'm proud of and I'm glad I've changed"

Jones at 24:
"Yeah i've always been down the good side!"
Jones at 27:
"They trynna make me go to reeehhhaabbb"

It's pretty easy to understand. Known people a lot like him.

Gus never lied. Jones is a hypocrite. Do the math.

Gus at 27:
"It's not something I'm proud of and I'm glad I've changed"

Jones at 24:
"Yeah i've always been down the good side!"
Jones at 27:
"They trynna make me go to reeehhhaabbb"

lol i like the directly to the point responses this about sums it up

Today I learned that aggravated assault is not as bad as lying.

You're all over the place here. Now you're comparing Gus as a teen to Jones as an adult

fwiw I think both Gus and Jones are scumbags

They're judging him because he's blabbering on about his self-satisfied sense of superiority, yet is in rehab for the very thing he's judging and has judged in the past.
Is it that hard to understand?

Yeah, in the past. Being a kid and an adult multimillionaire are pretty different. I did things as a kid I wouldn't do now. I had opinions as an 18 year old I don't have now. Get the fuck over it.

You're all over the place here. Now you're comparing Gus as a teen to Jones as an adult

fwiw I think both Gus and Jones are scumbags

Everyone else is comparing Jones as a kid to Jones as an adult, so it seems like the same thing to me.

All sorts of valid reasons for disliking Jones. What he did when he was in Junior High doesn't really seem that important.

This is a common misinterpretation.

It's not so much that he snitched on highschoolers for pot.

It's that he was proud of doing this, as an adult, looking back on it.

This is a common misinterpretation.

It's not so much that he snitched on highschoolers for pot.

It's that he was proud of doing this, as an adult, looking back on it.

ding ding ding

No joke, that was the precise moment that he earned the hatred of the fans. Every thing since was just fuel for the fire

This is true. Pretty much every stoner/partier on the MMA forums (and that's a decent percentage, I would guess) turned on Jones after this.

He had a very strict upbringing from religious parents, but still..he just didn't give the vibe of a dude you would really want to hang out with.

Everyone else is comparing Jones as a kid to Jones as an adult, so it seems like the same thing to me.

The hypocritical quote when he said he's always been down for the "good side" came when he was an adult

As a long time pot smoker (packed bowl on my lap), I've genuinely never cared about his ''snitching'' comments. I also don't care that he drinks and does recreational drugs now (although, I hope he's not abusing them). People 'grow up', and in his case he grew up to not be as good of a guy as he tried/wanted to be when he was younger. It happens, especially when you become a superstar athlete at a young age. I don't condone everything he does, but I'm not going to condemn him for it either.

There's a reason so many refer to him as "fake"... He just makes it more apparent with everything he does and says.

As a long time pot smoker (packed bowl on my lap), I've genuinely never cared about his ''snitching'' comments. I also don't care that he drinks and does recreational drugs now (although, I hope he's not abusing them). People 'grow up', and in his case he grew up to not be as good of a guy as he tried/wanted to be when he was younger. It happens, especially when you become a superstar athlete at a young age. I don't condone everything he does, but I'm not going to condemn him for it either.

These sort of balanced and practical outlooks have no place here, sir.

lol you still don't get it

Of course I get it, you really dislike Jones. It's cool. Lots of reasons for that. But lets not pretend you've been consistent. Just a page ago your point was that it's because of his rehab stint that people don't like the quote. Which would only be true if people hadn't brought it up until now.

Then Petey gives at least a reasonable outlook and you jump on it and say "Yes. THIS", despite it being completely different than your original point.

It's not what he said, it's that he said something and you have to find something to dislike about it as an admitted Jones hater.

Meh, whatever. Truthfully I probably did the same thing in BJ Penns heyday.

Of course I get it, you really dislike Jones. It's cool. Lots of reasons for that. But lets not pretend you've been consistent. Just a page ago your point was that it's because of his rehab stint that people don't like the quote. Which would only be true if people hadn't brought it up until now.

Then Petey gives at least a reasonable outlook and you jump on it and say "Yes. THIS", despite it being completely different than your original point.

It's not what he said, it's that he said something and you have to find something to dislike about it as an admitted Jones hater.

Meh, whatever. Truthfully I probably did the same thing in BJ Penns heyday.

His "reasonable outlook" was my EXACT point and you still don't understand it. Like, you said "don't be dense" and you're being dense as shit right now bro.

Back