The hypocrisy of sherbros who hate hype machines.

Thats illegal

White Belt
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know why people blame the UFC for hyping fighters like Conor/Ronda/Paige/Sage, it's their job to capitalise on every potential star they have, it's not like they're putting words in peoples mouths and making them buy the product, they're throwing shit to the wall and see what sticks, I don't understand how people can like Michael Venom Page but yet they hate Paige & Sage, MVP has been fighting lower opposition than Paige & Sage & he's 28 years old, where's the hate for MVP? Anybody who thinks Coker is keeping him away from higher level opposition for any other reason than the fact that he'll get exposed is delusional! I don't understand why some sherbros don't like fighters who bring attention & money to the UFC.

Why does somebody suck if they fight cans in the UFC yet they become mythical when they fight cans in a lower level promotion?

I think its more the hoards of uninformed nut huggers who plague the scene as a result. They come in derailing conversations by regurgitated lines their tiny brains have managed to grasp onto from whatever marketing campaign they have mistaken for legitimate fight analysis as if they are one sound clip of joe rogan screaming "oooohhhh" from taking over Cruzes job as analyst on fox.

Its annoying.

Dana said that Ronda could be Mayweather, hype is ignorance and is different than promotion.

Oh and Mvp is the real deal, but he is not " hyped " so casuals do not fawn over him.
I fail to see the " hypocrisy " you're attempting to display.

Dana said that Ronda could be Mayweather, hype is ignorance and is different than promotion.

It certainly got people to talk...and then talk some more...and some more.

So you may be annoyed by it, but it as definitely a smart move pr wise.

I think its more the hoards of uninformed nut huggers who plague the scene as a result. They come in derailing conversations by regurgitated lines their tiny brains have managed to grasp onto from whatever marketing campaign they have mistaken for legitimate fight analysis as if they are one sound clip of joe rogan screaming "oooohhhh" from taking over Cruzes job as analyst on fox.

Its annoying.

bro... You are so right i would hug you. Yea, nuthuggers are annoying, not hype trains. I dont hate Conor, he is good thing for mma. I just hate his fans. Weird thing for me was also Sage hate, guy is 19 and is better then 80% of fighters in the world.

But... Hating on Ronda is not that bad. She was so full of herself... She needed this humble pie. Anyway i hope to see some nice finishes from her in future.

I don't like when the hype isn't justified by any actual feats. Potential doesn't always lead to success.

Also an aggressive manner in which the UFC shoves us hype ads doesn't fit me.

It certainly got people to talk...and then talk some more...and some more.

So you may be annoyed by it, but it as definitely a smart move pr wise.

Now look at the backlash.
It was idiocy.
Saying something that is clearly untrue is not clever hype it is just pedalling bullshit.

Just another Sunday morning thread...

The only potential hypocrisy I can is if TS is trying to discredit MVP, disingenuous hype generally comes off as insecure , however it appears to be effective on the uninformed and acquiescent.

It was idiocy.
Saying something that is clearly untrue is not clever hype it is just pedalling bullshit.

Well, it's just not a big deal to me. I've got zero problems with the UFC or media in general or Edmond or whomever hyping Ronda, even when making over the top claims. It's entertaining to me. It's entertainment to me, just as the fighting business is in general.

Obviously I like Ronda, so that's probably part of the reason why I don't care.

Well, it's just not a big deal to me. I've got zero problems with the UFC or media in general or Edmond or whomever hyping Ronda, even when making over the top claims. It's entertaining to me. It's entertainment to me, just as the fighting business is in general.

Obviously I like Ronda, so that's probably part of the reason why I don't care.

I was never really a fan but I don't hate Ronda like most of these guys do here.
I just think that when hype is thinly veiled bullshit it is ineffective.

But it appears to work on some I suppose.

Like it has been said before, the big issue with the UFC is that by prematurely Hyping fighters, they have brought in the worst kind of fans into the sports. How many time have we seen people screaming that Conor is the best MMA fighter of all time? We even had people say that Saige is up there among the best fighters in the league in after his first UFC fight. The game gets repetitive. The UFC hypes a fighter, the fighter wins a few fights, drove of fans come to follow the fighter, and then they leave when the fighter starts loosing. After the fighter looses we ask our selves how we could have fell for the hype. We fell for the hype because they are the ONLY fighter that the UFC are hyping.

We have legit legends of the sport that the UFC wont say a bleep about because they comport themselves in a professional manner.

Also, I don't know how you can insinuate that Saige has a better resume than MVP. The two guys that Saige has beaten have one UFC win each. You can say that Bellator have held back MVP but his opponents have more depth and MVP has put on the better performances.

I don't know how hypocrisy fits in. MVP - how much hype is he getting? He's fighting lower level competition yes but he's not getting a lot of hype.

Hating a fighter because the fighter is hyped is stupid. Is it the fighter's fault? In most cases no. It's the promotion's fault. It's not Sage's fault he was hyped and hating on him for that is just stupid. Anyone in his position would accept the money and the marketing.

People like Ronda and Paige were hyped because of their looks and Ronda because of her skill. Paige isn't that skilled and most of her hype was simply due to her looks. I understand why people would dislike Paige because she seems quite fake by not cutting her hair. Disliking Ronda is an easy thing to do as she's completely delusional - she actually believed the hype. Disliking or hating a fighter for being an idiot is OK in my book. McGregor on the other hand is putting on a show/persona and people have a difficult time understanding this. Hating him because of the hype is ridculous considering he has done everything he said he would, hating him because he's a loudmouth and should keep his mouth shut is another thing.

It was idiocy.
So should they try and minimise the amount of PPVs they sell just to appease you?

Backlash isn't a bad thing for the UFC, it just creates more attention and she will likely sell more PPVs than her last fight if she returns.

Bellator doesn't have the platform to hype MVP like the UFC does with Sage, but people here fawn over MVP even though he's fought just as many cans as sage and there's nearly a 10 year age difference, I just don't get how when Sage fights a can everybody faults him for it, yet when MVP does it it's perfectly fine even though Sage isn't even 20 years old but MVP is nearly 30.

I don't know why people blame the UFC for hyping fighters like Conor/Ronda/Paige/Sage, it's their job to capitalise on every potential star they have, it's not like they're putting words in peoples mouths and making them buy the product, they're throwing shit to the wall and see what sticks, I don't understand how people can like Michael Venom Page but yet they hate Paige & Sage, MVP has been fighting lower opposition than Paige & Sage & he's 28 years old, where's the hate for MVP? Anybody who thinks Coker is keeping him away from higher level opposition for any other reason than the fact that he'll get exposed is delusional! I don't understand why some sherbros don't like fighters who bring attention & money to the UFC.

Why does somebody suck if they fight cans in the UFC yet they become mythical when they fight cans in a lower level promotion?

No one praises people in other organizations. Many thought Eddie Alvarez wasn't good because he was fighting outside the UFC but now he's one of the top fighters in the division. People get mad when they hype someone and throw them in your face when they aren't that good or just because of their personality. Paige was made out to be one of the best up and comers and they acted like she was a world beater but didn't look impressive in her fights. Sage looked athletic but showed he lacks takedown defense in his second fight so his loss was no surprise. There are a lot of people who like those fighters as well but also a lot of people that hate them which is why people tune into their fights. Fighters like GSP who didn't have a lot of hate didn't make as much money for them.

No one praises people in other organizations. Many thought Eddie Alvarez wasn't good because he was fighting outside the UFC but now he's one of the top fighters in the division. People get mad when they hype someone and throw them in your face when they aren't that good or just because of their personality. Paige was made out to be one of the best up and comers and they acted like she was a world beater but didn't look impressive in her fights. Sage looked athletic but showed he lacks takedown defense in his second fight so his loss was no surprise. There are a lot of people who like those fighters as well but also a lot of people that hate them which is why people tune into their fights. Fighters like GSP who didn't have a lot of hate didn't make as much money for them.
GSP is one of the UFCs biggest draws ever.

Sherbros? In my opinion that has been stripped of any swag it ever once possessed. First time I ever heard members being called something so swagless

bro... You are so right i would hug you. Yea, nuthuggers are annoying, not hype trains. I dont hate Conor, he is good thing for mma. I just hate his fans. Weird thing for me was also Sage hate, guy is 19 and is better then 80% of fighters in the world.

But... Hating on Ronda is not that bad. She was so full of herself... She needed this humble pie. Anyway i hope to see some nice finishes from her in future.

Hahaha, It feels nice to be understood.

Back