The hypocrisy of sherbros who hate hype machines.

Juveniles and mentally-handicapped people posting incessantly on the internet are rarely objective, and feel as if their subjective is something worth making a thread about.

I don't know why people blame the UFC for hyping fighters like Conor/Ronda/Paige/Sage, it's their job to capitalise on every potential star they have, it's not like they're putting words in peoples mouths and making them buy the product, they're throwing shit to the wall and see what sticks, I don't understand how people can like Michael Venom Page but yet they hate Paige & Sage, MVP has been fighting lower opposition than Paige & Sage & he's 28 years old, where's the hate for MVP? Anybody who thinks Coker is keeping him away from higher level opposition for any other reason than the fact that he'll get exposed is delusional! I don't understand why some sherbros don't like fighters who bring attention & money to the UFC.

Why does somebody suck if they fight cans in the UFC yet they become mythical when they fight cans in a lower level promotion?
They are forcing fighters down our throats, not because they're good, but because they're "good looking." They're not throwing things to the wall and see how things stick. They stuck with these fighters and padded their records so they can stay relevant regardless how bad a fighter they are. As far as MVP goes, that something Coker wants to do and I don't care, because I don't watch it.

They are forcing fighters down our throats, not because they're good, but because they're "good looking." They're not throwing things to the wall and see how things stick. They stuck with these fighters and padded their records so they can stay relevant regardless how bad a fighter they are. As far as MVP goes, that something Coker wants to do and I don't care, because I don't watch it.
And it brings in money in return, they don't force anybody to talk about them, they roll out the hype machine and let everybody else do the talking to create interest.

MVP is 9-0 with 8 stoppages, is from the UK and he's only 28. Do you realize what the UFC hype machine would do if they got a hold of him?

MVP could be the next big thing. He's 6-3 and a WW. I see him with a UFC title on his shoulder one day.

Don't you find it ironic that you're hating on MVP's hype and complaining about others hating hype?

The UFC is a promotion and often hypes fighters for looks or tweeting ability, which is fine. But the fact the keep not being able to hype guys like RDA an Lawler is insane. Those guys are killers and the UFCs marketing stumbles around mishandling them.

they're throwing shit to the wall and see what sticks

p5h3GP4t5JjAQ.gif

unfortunately there are not many die hard MMA fans out there... But tons of people that casually follow it, I think a lot of people had fun throwing Rousey under the bus without realizing it was far more then her hype that made her so dis-likable.. And now it seems the casuals feel justified in bashing anyone the promotion is pushing hard, regardless if they actually deserve the hate or not based off their personal conduct. MMA needs more stars period.

Back