The hell is Rory doing?

Rory has said he doesn't want to fight GSP and he's doing his own thing and not worrying about Georges, so what is he doing? He called Condit out and if he beats him impressively, he'd be right near the top of the contenders list. I thought I remembered him saying he would one day move to 185 so what is he waiting for? It seems it would be better for his career to just go 185 now instead of climbing a ladder then jumping off before the top.

Edit: I know why he wants Condit now but why did he fight him the first time if he knew he wouldn't ever challenge for the belt?

Basically GSP wont be around much longer I imagine??? Like a couple years? For that time Rory could fight other contenders and maybe some MW if he really wanted. Could be wrong

Basically GSP wont be around much longer I imagine??? Like a couple years? For that time Rory could fight other contenders and maybe some MW if he really wanted. Could be wrong

Georges is only 31, I doubt he'll retire anytime soon.

Coming soon...

TUF 21 - GSP vs. Macdonald.

A white Canadian sequel to Evans vs. Jones

Why does he have to jump in to a title fight right away? WW is currently his home and hes an absolute monster there. He has plenty of time to hone his skills there and avenge a loss before he moves up to 185

Because he wants to avenge his only loss.

I don't see what's so confusing about this.

Rory is only what 22-23 yrs old? He will definitely continue to gain mass. Watch his ufc debut fight and watch teh bj fight. the kid has truly gained a lot

is rory really that much bigger than guys like fitch, condit, ellenburger etc? He looks around the same size as those guys. Yes he is big but not huge, just the new breed of welterweights.

I never said he hasn't shown signs of improvement or was rendered irrelevant. Rory looked awesome against Penn and has improved every fight. He gave Condit a great fight the first time, and I'm not expecting Carlos to blow him out of the water. However, I do think Condit has improved just as much, if not more than Rory, and his gas tank was better in the first fight and is even better now. Condit wins easily in a 5 round fight, and I think he's more than good enough to edge out a 3 rounder.
Actually, you did. You said he doesn't have to worry about title contention after he loses to Condit. Do you read what you post?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back