The hell is Rory doing?

Because Rory , being close to GSP , possibly know something we don't. By that i mean that he may be aware that Georges may not be at WW or in the fighting game anymore very soon.

Personally i see GSP retiring in 3-5 fights. Diaz , Contender X and Y and Z at WW (assuming he's still champ) and then maybe (and that's a big maybe) a superfight at catchweight with AS for the finish and he's done. Or he may move up to 185 but that would surprise me a lotI don't think we're going to see GSP fight in the UFC past 35 years old. I think he may become a full time trainer at Tristar and/or Jackson and train new blood like Rory after that

So Rory is just preparing himself to take his place at the top of the pyramid by going after top contenders. That and to avenge his loss to Condit of course.

It's just speculation on my part, but I imagine that conversation has happened more than once back at the gym, where there is an aggreement that the torch will get passed to at the right time. Rory would just dominate without really hurting GSP and things will be good back at the gym. They all know that GSP won't be Champion for a whole lot longer and they want to keep the belt within the gym. Just speculation on my part.

images

GSP would put the stamp on rory man.

Edit: Hope condit finishes him convincingly

Rory may move up to Middleweight, but right now he's a Welterweight. Avenging the loss to Condit both helps his resume, and makes for a good money fight.

Plus, it's good booking for the UFC, because it keeps two of the top Welterweights busy doing something interesting even though they are out of the title picture (Rory due to friendship, Condit due to just losing).

I still think Rory eventually takes a title fight against GSP though if it materializes. Kid seems hungry enough to want the belt, and the story writes itself for marketing purposes.

GSP will not be fighting more than a couple more years at most. The reason GSP wants Nick Diaz is because he wants to get the meaningful fights at WW out of the way before he faces Anderson and retires. GSP could give a rats ass about Johnny "nobody" Hendricks, who has acquired hype off a one trick pony show over the last year. that means nothing to GSP in comparison to Nick Diaz who has been a bigger name in the division over a much longer period of time.. Nick Diaz motivates GSP more than Johny "nobody" Hendricks ever could. GSP has no desire to fight into his late 30's and end up brain dead like countless in this sport will. Rory's time at WW will come. Rory says he's going to do things "his way" in terms of how he trains, the amount of rest he gets, etc, as opposed to over training. He never said this in regards to having anything to do with GSP. Thread starter, you have taken Rory's words completely out of context in order to start this stupid fuckin thread.

hint: GSP is moving up soon. Why else do you think GSP wants to fight Nick Diaz right now? Cause he wants to get a chance to beat him up NOW, cause when he moves up, he's not coming back down.

GSP and rory both know this.

Yes.. Rory may move p to 85 but very soon gsp and rory will fight in different weight classes. they will never fight

GSP isn't moving up. Not this late in his career. Rory will sooner than later though.

I don't think George leaves he WW division. I think either Rory moves up or the two clash regardless of what's been said after 2 or 3 more wins for MacDonald.

And yes, Ive heard Rory say he'd fight George, or that he'd cross that bridge on two separate occasions - once in a Sportsnet interview with Showdown Joe and then after the Penn bout during the post-fight presser.

I don't understand this thread. Should Rory just never fight anyone noteworthy because his friend is champ?

TS does understand there is also a shot that Gsp could lose right?

He would fight him.

He was asked at the Fox post-fight presser if he would fight GSP, his 1st answer was something like "i don't know, we'll see what happens" - which was a different answer than the usual "i won't fight him". I'm very surprised no mma media mentionned this, the fox post-fight conference wasn't streamed so that might be why his answer didnt make any noise. If you want to watch it, check out Karen Bryant youtube channel.

yes... then 2 minutes later he said he would never stab gsp in the back like that.

I don't understand this thread. Should Rory just never fight anyone noteworthy because his friend is champ?

TS does understand there is also a shot that Gsp could lose right?

He should have been a MW this whole time if the alternative is to keep beating top contenders and never take the next step up. GSP could lose but he wouldn't just fall into obscurity. Georges wouldn't ever be more than 1 fight from the top.

I think they'll eventually fight if GSP is still champ for the next few years and Rory is still doing well.

Rory has said he doesn't want to fight GSP and he's doing his own thing and not worrying about Georges, so what is he doing? He called Condit out and if he beats him impressively, he'd be right near the top of the contenders list. I thought I remembered him saying he would one day move to 185 so what is he waiting for? It seems it would be better for his career to just go 185 now instead of climbing a ladder then jumping off before the top.

Edit: I know why he wants Condit now but why did he fight him the first time if he knew he wouldn't ever challenge for the belt?

its not a 100% gsp will keep the title

He should have been a MW this whole time if the alternative is to keep beating top contenders and never take the next step up. GSP could lose but he wouldn't just fall into obscurity. Georges wouldn't ever be more than 1 fight from the top.

Macdonald was a 155 pounder less than a year before joining the Ufc. So you think he should of jumped two weight classesm when he was 20 years oldm and was only a prospect?

yeah it makes no sense.

Rory won't fight GSP because he knows GSP will school him in every area.

They train in the same gym they won't fight each other .

Rory is still young he will get his chance but doubt that the GSP fight will happen .

He would NOT be near the top of the contenders list by beating Condit.

When Rory fought Condit originally, Condit wasn't a top contender.

nostradumbass indeed.

lol i've been coming here for years and can't help but wonder why you're all retards.

Rory has said he doesn't want to fight GSP and he's doing his own thing and not worrying about Georges, so what is he doing? He called Condit out and if he beats him impressively, he'd be right near the top of the contenders list. I thought I remembered him saying he would one day move to 185 so what is he waiting for? It seems it would be better for his career to just go 185 now instead of climbing a ladder then jumping off before the top.

Edit: I know why he wants Condit now but why did he fight him the first time if he knew he wouldn't ever challenge for the belt?

The first time he fought Carlos he wasn't training with George yet.

Back