The Heavies need to be smarter in 2015.

But what if Soa Palleli wins a couple UFC fights in a row, do you expect the genius UFC fans here not to call him a contender and say how skilled he is? What if Dana wants us to shit on Ben Askren, is that not our duty as unoriginal UFC only fans? If Neil Magny wins a couple more agaisnt Bellator prelims level guys should I not call him one of the best in the world for having a winning streak in the UFC? I like a bunch of fighters now but if any of them dare say something bad about the UFC am I not supposed to tell the truth that they are irrelevant sucky cage fighters who couldn't cut it in the elite UFC. And that MMA as whole is garbage and would've failed years ago without the current owners of the biggest organization. What if a picture of a fighter in the gym is taken and there is some really big muscly guy in the picture too. Am I not allowed to make thread asking who he is, his sign and why he's not in the UFC? If Bones or Cormier loses should we or should we not call the loser overrated? Is Roy Nelson a terrible match-up for Cain, Stipe, Werdum, etc or not? A decent % of the knowledge fans here really seem to think so. We need clarification.

Any section of Sherdog forums NOT related to MMA discussion is the laughing stock. Seriously, who comes here to talk about other stuff??

I love a good troll and would be sad if they were gone. Even of they say stupid shit I don't like.

it can't happen because you choose with whom you speak face to face. a 40-year-old mma trainer won't talk about fighting with a 16-year-old high school drop out, but he gets awesome responses here, and before you know it he's sucked into that conversation. add in the freedom that comes with anonymity and you'll get a mixed bag, to put it mildly.

I disagree. Especially when it comes to the technique and training forums. The f2, for example, is one of the best grappling forums there is.

that counts to me - a place to talk about grappling makes sense on sherdog - talling about non mma or related topics makes no sense

This forum is good but I gotta be honest... I could use a little more cowbell.

Guys, who would win if Prime 2003 (fighter x) fought present-day (fighter y)?

the world is hopelessly filled with confident idiots and its a key life skill to be able to ignore them and focus on smart people - sherdog helps sharpen that skill

It is/should be good for improving that skill. At least online it requires time for someone to even post a reply. And even then one can often find themselves replying to a useless post. So it is a good indicator if our impulse control as in real life there isn't that time buffer. I know I am constantly trying to improve mine because it has always needed it. So a silver lining at least. Edit: I have been posting a lot lately as I am catching up on tv shows over my holiday break from work. Heard a good quote on an episode of Criminal Minds:

"Naivete in grownups is often charming; but when coupled with vanity it is indistinguishable from stupidity"
- Eric Hoffer

Last edited:
It is/should be good for improving that skill. At least online it requires time for someone to even post a reply. And even then one can often find themselves replying to a useless post. So it is a good indicator if our impulse control as in real life there isn't that time buffer. I know I am constantly trying to improve mine because it has always needed it. So a silver lining at least. Edit: I have been posting a lot lately as I am catching up on tv shows over my holiday break from work. Heard a good quote on an episode of Criminal Minds:

"Naivete in grownups is often charming; but when coupled with vanity it is indistinguishable from stupidity"
- Eric Hoffer

agree w your points completely - sherdog is easier than the real world aa you have time to edit your posts and reconsider whether a comment is appropriate or whether the person deserves to be ignored - I'm embarrassed about how many people's stupid comments I enabled bc I didnt have the intelligence to rightdully ignore them

you're all mad because Fedor was never that good and made a career out of beating cans in Pride.

Typical Sherdog thread:

"Why is fighter X so good?"

1st post: Troll post

2nd post: Troll post

3rd post: Actually answers OP.

4th post: Troll post

5th post: Kind of answers OP.

6th post: Dick joke.

7th post: Pic of Ronda Rousey.

As proven by my signature :icon_lol:

The only time I cant really stand this forum is when there is a topic people won't stop making threads about; where it's dominating the page for days on end. Ed: Greasegate, TRT, anytime Ronda says something that offends the woman hating crowd

This is true, a lot of topics could merge in only one
I know this is more job for mods, but it's a solution

Sherdog's going to Sherdog.
You will have good and you will have bad.

Focus on the good, ignore the bad.
If someone posts something that you don't agree with, you don't have to respond.
If they post a personal attack, you don't have to care.

If something has already been posted, just know that this is a large forum, with many members, visited by a large demographic at various points of the day, and in order to make topics more digestible and discussable, it might be okay if there are two or three threads on a data point.

Don't worry about other posters, worry about your posts.

memes are the worst thing to happen to the internet. its not funny repeating jokes from a month ago, sorry. I guess internet anti-social losers dont get it

well i know for myself a few lessons with someone who knows Photoshop so i could do my own pics and contribute to the truly best threads.

one of my News Years resolutions to get around to lol

Back