THE HATEFUL EIGHT Thread v.2 (Tarantino's Possible Ideas for Next Film)

If you have see THE HATEFUL EIGHT, how would your rate it?

• Total voters
Update: January 13, 2016

Quentin Tarantino's Possible Ideas for His Next Films

Quentin-Tarantino-Filmmaker-012414-Dragonlord.jpg

If you thought Quentin Tarantino would want to come back to the present time frame for his next film following The Hateful Eight and Django Unchained's Civil War settings, you were wrong.

The director recently opened up about the possibilities for his next films while on a press tour for The Hateful Eight's international launch and, though both set in the past, he's got some pretty interesting ideas in mind.

“I think I’ve done all the ones that I’ve had a burning desire to do” Tarantino told IGN. “A couple of things left that would be fun is I like the idea of doing a ‘30s gangster movie, so like Dillinger or Bonnie and Clyde kind of stuff. That’d be kind of cool."

“And I like the idea of doing a Hollywood movie one of these days," he adds. "A movie that takes place in Hollywood. Maybe not now, but in a different era. That could be really cool.”

Quentin Tarantino Wants to Make a '30s Gangster or Hollywood Movie Next

I'd much rather he just start planning his next film. Hateful Eight was awesome, but I'd like to see Tarantino explore some territory outside of the Western genre next.
Don't worry, I'd wager that's exactly what will happen next. QT will take some time, lose interest in the play thing, and then get back into making another movie. That's my guess as a fan anyways.

30's gangster movie done Tarantino style, would be great. I imagine it would resemble something like Miller's Crossing.

I liked everything about the film except for Tarentino's utterly useless narration.

Did we need a V.O. narrator dropping in, 2 hours into a movie that did everything in its power to look/feel like a gritty, dark, realism stage play, up until that point?

Fuck no, we did not.

Did we need V.O. to tell us someone poisoned the coffee, or would the side shot of a mysterious hand poisoning the kettle tell us that exact same information??

Did we need V.O. to explain that people were moving bodies and straightening up the cabin, donning coats DURING SHOTS OF PEOPLE MOVING BODIES/STRAIGHTENING UP THE CABIN/DONNING COATS??!?

Fuck no, we did not. The V.O. was so fucking useless.

It literally felt like the only thing keeping the film from executing its own genre, to a tee.

30's gangster movie done Tarantino style, would be great. I imagine it would resemble something like Miller's Crossing.

Nah, it would be loaded down with non eventful dialogue and take place entirely in one room.

It's generally a mess after Leo goes down, but over time it's bothered me less overall. It's the redundant shootout at the house, and the final out of place comedic ending that still bugs me. Washington clapping like an idiot, Foxx making a superhero pose as the house blows up, the horse tricks...ehh.

It doesn't end on the highest of notes. Everything up until the final act is gold, so it's mostly forgivable. Still though, takes it from like a 9, down to an 8, or even a 7.5 for me.

Amen to this post. Sums up my perspective nicely.

Nah, it would be loaded down with non eventful dialogue and take place entirely in one room.

Right, 'cause H8 is the only movie Tarantino has ever directed...

Your shit talking game is weak.

Right, 'cause H8 is the only movie Tarantino has ever directed...

Your shit talking game is weak.

Is there any way possible you could have been more offended by that post lol?

Don't know why this movie is getting so much hate. I liked it. It was fun, well shot, interesting characters. Pretty much exactly what I expected.
I thought the slow build up was great, It wasn't all action and wildness like Kill Bill but I was never bored by it. Dug the tension in the cabin too.
Best movie ever? No, but I thought it was great. Why would anyone go into any movie expecting it to be the best movie ever, or even his best ever? He's set an almost impossibly high bar for himself and people are expecting too much going in.

Don't be upset because your post wasn't as clever as you thought.

That post was pretty straight forward, you would literally have to be a simpleton to think that post was meant to be clever.

That post was pretty straight forward, you would literally have to be a simpleton to think that post was meant to be clever.

It was straight forward in the fact that it made no sense. You'd literally have to be a simpleton to post it.

It was straight forward in the fact that it made no sense. You'd literally have to be a simpleton to post it.

There you go getting all offended again.

No, the post made sense -it's just that it touched one of your nerves.

And now, here you are fussing about it.

No, the post made sense -it's just that it touched one of your nerves.

It struck a nerve for not making any sense whatsoever.

And now, here you are fussing about it.

And you're fussing about me fussing about it.

Don't worry. Sometimes things just sound better in your head, before you put it out there. Don't get discouraged. You keep at it. One day, your trolling might have an ounce of wit.

It struck a nerve for not making any sense whatsoever.

And you're fussing about me fussing about it.

Don't worry. Sometimes things just sound better in your head, before you put it out there. Don't get discouraged. You keep at it. One day, your trolling might have an ounce of wit.

I knew I should have typed 'no offense' after that last post.

Sorry about that bud.

I liked everything about the film except for Tarentino's utterly useless narration.

Did we need a V.O. narrator dropping in, 2 hours into a movie that did everything in its power to look/feel like a gritty, dark, realism stage play, up until that point?

Fuck no, we did not.

Did we need V.O. to tell us someone poisoned the coffee, or would the side shot of a mysterious hand poisoning the kettle tell us that exact same information??

Did we need V.O. to explain that people were moving bodies and straightening up the cabin, donning coats DURING SHOTS OF PEOPLE MOVING BODIES/STRAIGHTENING UP THE CABIN/DONNING COATS??!?

Fuck no, we did not. The V.O. was so fucking useless.

It literally felt like the only thing keeping the film from executing its own genre, to a tee.

Strongly disagree. It trims the movie down ten minutes and keeps the flow going after the intermission.

Not sure how true this is, but I read somewhere that Kurt Russel smashing the guitar was improvised. Problem was, Russel didn't know that it was a historical item borrowed from a museum for the film. JJL's over-reaction was due to that.

Back