The Has-Been Hall Of Shame

OK, the criteria for the HOS is that they must still be actively wrestling in 2017 despite it being blatantly obvious that they shouldn't be.

If they can no longer perform to an acceptable standard and they don't look intimidating any more then they are eligible for inclusion into the HOS.

About it feeling mean......I'm not saying these guys weren't amazing back in the day (except maybe Virgil), just that they shouldn't still be wrestling now.

They voluntarily go out in public and perform these matches on camera, and they are open and subject to criticism. Positive and negative.

All good. The bad feel wasn't a recrimination BTW. More of a reflection/introspection is all.

I saw a House of Hardcore a few months ago. I haven't been to many shows, but it was the best I've ever been to. Dreamer had a match, I think with Carlito and Bull Dempsey. He performed pretty well, I thought.

They did a show by me at an iPlay center. Looked great but couldn't get the time or heads to make it into a trip. Good to hear that Tommy can still get around and do his thing.

The Sandman has always been a garbage wrestler.

At no point was he ever good in the ring. That's why he had to use barbed wire and blade every night.

Lawler and funk have to be on here. They're an accident waiting to happen unfortunately.

I knew Lawler still wrestled every weekend, but does Terry Funk still compete?

Lawler should definitely have quit after his heart attack a few years ago. He even still takes those elbow drops to the chest that knocked his heartbeat out of sync in the first place.

Scary stuff.

Lawler is in.

I'll check if The Funker still wrestles.

I knew Lawler still wrestled every weekend, but does Terry Funk still compete?

Lawler should definitely have quit after his heart attack a few years ago. He even still takes those elbow drops to the chest that knocked his heartbeat out of sync in the first place.

Scary stuff.

Lawler is in.

I'll check if The Funker still wrestles.
Yeah he's always trying to pass it off as nothing. I'm not sure but he will probably have his twenty "last match" before 2020.

The Sandman has always been a garbage wrestler.

At no point was he ever good in the ring. That's why he had to use barbed wire and blade every night.
He can't even do garbage style like he used to though.

That's why he is in here.

Funk hasn't wrestled since October 24th 2015 according to cagematch.net.
I'm pretty sure that he had one scheduled for this year with Lawler grand master sexay and some others. It must have fallen through.

I'm pretty sure that he had one scheduled for this year with Lawler grand master sexay and some others. It must have fallen through.
Well Funk is still wrestling.

Cagematch.net obviously need to update their listings.

The match you posted was this year. I didn't realize it was so recent.

Funk is in.

That piledriver 20 seconds into your video......what the actual fuck?

Last edited:
Well Funk is still wrestling.

Cagematch.net obviously need to update their listings.

The match you posted was this year. I didn't realize it was so recent.

Funk is in.

That piledriver 20 seconds into your video......what the actual fuck?

Also, what's the deal with Funk's ass? Is he wearing a diaper? What is that underneath his tights at the back there?

How does funk not have enough money to retire.

Good question.

He was never a massive drug abuser or a big spender like Flair or anything.

Does he have a load of sons and daughters? Maybe he gave it all to them over the years.

He must've been paid well in his last WCW run in 2000.

I'd consider Funk and Lawler to be legends rather than has beens. Just as there's a distinction between a has been and a never was, there's a cut above too.

I think One Man Gang is still out there competing, looking softer than ever.

I'd consider Funk and Lawler to be legends rather than has beens. Just as there's a distinction between a has been and a never was, there's a cut above too.

I think One Man Gang is still out there competing, looking softer than ever.

The legends don't need to tarnish their legacy by performing for a bit of cash so long after their prime years.

They are still legends, but as far as competent in-ring ability and fitness level.....they are has-beens.

I have nothing but respect for Terry Funk. He's actually my favorite wrestler of all time. But it doesn't make me happy seeing him wrestle at this age.

Inductee #19

Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Inductee #15

Greg Valentine.

This miserable old bastard often tells wrestling fans to fuck off if they approach him.

He also takes money from promoters and doesn't show up.....or give them the money back.

Oddly, I had first heard of him being rude to fans like a bitter old fuck around 15-20 years ago.

Lawler and funk have to be on here. They're an accident waiting to happen unfortunately.

Good question.

He was never a massive drug abuser or a big spender like Flair or anything.

Does he have a load of sons and daughters? Maybe he gave it all to them over the years.

He must've been paid well in his last WCW run in 2000.

I doubt it's the money with him I think he just can't give the rush of performing up.

Perhaps. But he has family at home who do not want him to die in the wrestling ring. Maybe he needs that thrill

yeah that sucks for them. Reading stuff like instead of resting his hernia he went to watch house of hardcore is madness.

To think that they made a documentary about how insane it was that he would still do that... in 1999.

But hey:

Last edited:
Inductee #20

'Wildfire' Tommy Rich.

Back