the hardest submission for you to do

Over time, i've come to think of the north south choke as basically a sort of technique like the side control shoulder choke. Ie, it's 'presh'.

But since many poor benighted souls also have preconceptions against the truth and the way that is our God, Pressure, they are fain to not think of the 'north south choke' in such terms; which has consequences.

They approach the situation with a similar sort of mindset they might a discreet 'submission move' like an armbar or heel hook, expecting instant or almost instant results; and when they don't get instant results, they think something is going wrong.

On the contrary; one must approach it much like one might approach the shoulder of justice, or scarfhold chest compression, or headwrap half-nelson, or other positions that are also submissions; you do it in a way that lets you 'cook' the guy for extended periods of time, and inevitably, the taps come.

Over time, i've come to think of the north south choke as basically a sort of technique like the side control shoulder choke. Ie, it's 'presh'.

But since many poor benighted souls also have preconceptions against the truth and the way that is our God, Pressure, they are fain to not think of the 'north south choke' in such terms; which has consequences.

They approach the situation with a similar sort of mindset they might a discreet 'submission move' like an armbar or heel hook, expecting instant or almost instant results; and when they don't get instant results, they think something is going wrong.

On the contrary; one must approach it much like one might approach the shoulder of justice, or scarfhold chest compression, or headwrap half-nelson, or other positions that are also submissions; you do it in a way that lets you 'cook' the guy for extended periods of time, and inevitably, the taps come.
That's a good analogy, for both the N/S Choke and Arm Triangles i think once you figure out you're taking space away rather like with shoulder pressure it will click. If you do this instead of squeezing like crazy with your arms its just a case of slowly increasing pressure and your arms won't burn out.

Dunno having a guy who knew how to do the north south choke drill it on me it came on pretty quick.

Dunno having a guy who knew how to do the north south choke drill it on me it came on pretty quick.

There can be disparities between feelings of good chokes, and willingness to fight good chokes.

Or perhaps in other words, your millage may vary.

I'm looking out to attaining Judo's orange belt. Many of the new curriculums have yellow as 1st step up in rank. We are toward the Judo old school, I'm told. Orange belt w us takes or goes into a year, (or more) depending.

We like to spend more time on fundamentals @ the ground floor, making a stronger base for later scaling of the pyramid.

The ____shio gatame's I find problematic as finishing holds. There's two much allowance for lateral turning on the part of the opponent... I'm finding it really difficult to consistently control.<GSPWoah>

My 2 cents,,, nowhere up the hill like the BJJ commentary foregoing.

Back