• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The guy that got booed asking the Corona virius question at the presser

Tell me pal. Who should we listen to? Some clueless sherdogger or an infectious disease expert?
The holy experts man. But dont fear monger man just you wait until your family starts dropping dead.

In that they were both treated as pandemics when they werent.
Aids is not the same as this, like at all and ebola killed you before you could really go out and infect more people, not all viruses are created equal, go figure

I know a guy who had covid19 in early January, he’s fine now and back in the states. He was quarantined in China. But he’s non asian, young and healthy. It was just a flu according to him. 5 days was rough he said but after that, he recovered....the average age of people it kills are 80 and it seems to really affect Asians more so than non Asians.

I would not be surprised at all if this fight got cancelled. They are starting to lock college campus's down in NY right now.

Plus it seems like large gatherings of people are starting to be banned as well.

Is the UFC willing to give up on all the revenue from ticket sales to hold a closed event? To make this fight happen this is what it may come down to.

EDIT: They are not locking the campus's down entirely. All classes switch to online starting March 19th. They are also going to avoid doing anything that involves any large gatherings of people.

I think it is safe to say that UFC 249 will be canceled.

EDIT: They are not locking the campus's down entirely. All classes switch to online starting March 19th. They are also going to avoid doing anything that involves any large gatherings of people.
Let them fight on UFC 3 the game live on ESPN... Problem solved, they can do best of seven in one PPV.

Not sure which Commission is needed to get this done though.

How do you know he doesnt? This is not an apocalyptic event.
OK yes I admit it's *possible* that the medical pro in that interview *might* have an axe to grind but really given that he's clearly dedicated his life to his work, he's written a book about it, suggest he's genuine and knowledgeable and I really doubt he is doing it for political-attack reasons. But .....ok, nothing is 100% concrete.

So they just closed all schools and universities in Denmark. I was hoping they would but wow... 4 days ago there were hardly any infected, now there's about 500 tested positive (keep in mind we're a tiny country of 5 mil people)

Last edited:
Chill out, your a bunch of Nervous Nellies..Everyone is not dying and the fight will go on. The fucking News loves whipping everyone up..Ignore that shit and hug your neighbor..

You have a better chance of being a pro fighter than getting the virus.
Your last statement is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

Also, regardless if we personally get infected or not, states will take precautions to limit infection so any event could be cancelled. Definitely serious.

Last edited:
Chill out, your a bunch of Nervous Nellies..Everyone is not dying and the fight will go on. The fucking News loves whipping everyone up..Ignore that shit and hug your neighbor..

You have a better chance of being a pro fighter than getting the virus.

You truly have no idea of what you are talking about.

The mortality rate outside of Wuhan china is like 0.9 %.
We should hide.

It's likely the entire US imposes quarantines/lockdowns like Italy, anyday now.

It's not a hoax FFS. it's REAL.
Why don't you tell the mothers and fathers and relatives of the 4,373 dead people that it's a hoax? Yeah? See how that works out for you.

View attachment 745447

I don't think there's really any hysteria either. Concern, naturally, and people should be concerned. Like others have said, if you're a healthy adult and get it you should be fine, but elderly people might die, and that's proven to be the case.
Go watch the expert on the Joe Rogan show, link is earlier in this thread. The guy there has no political axe to grind, he's just telling it as it is as a medical professional.

Even as a healthy adult you don't want to get this shit.
Apparently it can do permanent damage to organs like the lungs.
Meaning it can change your lifestyle permanently. I'm a serious runner and I don't want it.

Imagine if Dana was right. They do the event anyways. All the fighters show up and some cautious fans. The fighters have to fight the police trying to prevent the event.

It's like a Marvel movie. Khabib German suplexes a cop, Tony spinning elbows a marine, Joe Rogan slaps a guillotine on a firefighter

Anecdotal experience tells me Trump supporters are pretending this isn’t happening. They’ll say it is all the media right up until they catch it.

Not that the media isn’t playing it up, they do that, but it is very real and dangerous. Trump supports (cultists) are a big section of this forum and mma fans in general. Not surprised they booed. Sometimes you can’t fix stupid.

All the radical American politics of any side are hypocritical as F.
Until Trump declares its a major problem (and he is turning around as we speak), his base won't acknowledge its a problem. They are the same virtue signallers as the radical leftists. They don't have any novel thought, they just follow the herd. If the party says that ecology is a hoax and coronavirus is harmless, then it is. Just the same as when the Democrats play a Red Scare 2.0 saying that Russia manipulates everything, and all of the sudden to the leftists, everyone is a Russian asset and Russia is Nazi Germany 2.0

People are ridiculously dumb & partisan. In America more than anywhere else in the West.

Imagine if Dana was right. They do the event anyways. All the fighters show up and some cautious fans. The fighters have to fight the police trying to prevent the event.

It's like a Marvel movie. Khabib German suplexes a cop, Tony spinning elbows a marine, Joe Rogan slaps a guillotine on a firefighter
Brian Ortega delivering slaps to everyone

629 infected in Norway as we speak. Number will most likely sky rocket tomorrow. events with 500+ are now all cancelled. passengers from risk areas (italy, etc) are quarantined. tourists are sent home. Financially we're really feeling it: Oil prices are halfed, currency is at an all-time low (we're an oil nation). Stock market had a crash 2 days ago.

This is one big shit sandwich.

So they just closed all schools and universities in Denmark. I was hoping they would but wow... 4 days ago there were hardly any infected, now there's about 500 tested positive (keep in mind we're a tiny country of 5 mil people)
Also take into account that Denmark has universal healthcare. Not just are people asked to stay at home if they feel bad or suspect they may be infected, they can afford to. They get paid. Many people working in fast food restaurants in the USA can't afford to stay at home.

I respect your opinion but I disagree...unless your a virologist working on the front line all your info is coming from the TV..How many people here know someone who has contracted it? I’m guessing no one, I’m also guessing when this blows over in a few months , we will not have one Sherdog member who has any connection with any either..
Uh my friend's brother's boss knows a guy who died. It's real shit man.

Back