The Guitar Thread v2

Crimson Glory

Go Pack Go!
@red
Reaction score
Figured Id start a new one, the old one is pretty fleshed out.

In this one, I say we broaden the discussion to favorite guitarists, guitar oriented music aswell as gear, technique etc. everything related to the guitar.

This guitar was in the old thread, it's the Jason Becker signature that Kiesel/Carvin makes:
1 1Carvin JB200C JASON BECKER TRIBUTE $1909.00.jpg

This one is the Charvel Guthrie Govan Caramalized Ash San Dimas Signature:
1 2 Guthrie Govan Caramalized Ash.jpg

This one is, well it's basically a self custom made Fender Strat. I saw Yngwie play something like it in one of his instructionals.
1 5 American-Fingerboard-gold-golded-hardwae-Yngwie-Malmsteen.jpg

These three, along with a custom Kiesel are what I've got my eye on. Although the Fender might be redundant with the first two, given they both have coil splitting.

Guthrie's guitar is over 4K, but it's an amazing guitar by all accounts, much like the man who designed it.

9 separate tones with the electronic layout, and high quality construction and materials.

Really informative and entertaining set of videos from Guthrie.

when you start wearing that Albert King avatar I thought you where a metal guy

when you start wearing that Albert King avatar I thought you where a metal guy
Albert King(aswell as Freddie and BB) is the shit!

Been loving the electric blues these past few weeks.

Still a Metal fan, just broadening my horizons a bit more. :)

I have an Epiphone with EMG pickups, the EMGs finally got me near the sound of the bands I love like Metallica etc. Also have a really nice acoustic but it’s not as fun ha ha

I just bought the Irig HD2.

Does what it does well, but for what it cost I'm feeling a bit let down by the build quality. Thing is plasticky as fuck. I hope it holds up better than it feels like it will.

Anywho, I got the Irig to start using BIas FX on the Ipad and have to say I'm super impressed with this app. Fucking great sounding sims and a really easy and enjoyable interface.

My plan is go integrate the ipad into my rig. Set up a drawer in my rack case where I can mount the Ipad and Irig into some foam cut outs and run that into the Engl power amp.

It's gonna be a pretty nifty set up. Real versatile and easy to make adjustments on the fly.

My main guitar is a seven strings, a cheap but awesome BC Rich N7. I changed her mics for two EMGs and play it on a Black Star HT5 tube amp (awesome quality/price ratio too, but the overdrive is not enough for metal, so I use a MXR Fullbore Metal distortion pedal, also have a Big Muff and other effects). Not really planning on upgrading anything soon, it's more than enough for my use.

I've been practicing for about a year now and just traded in my Les Paul special II towards a Epiphone 335. Difference is night and day and it just felt so good I knew it was the one. I practice on a VOX mini3 so I don't disturb the neighbors but I have it at 10% gain and volume and it still cranks. Great little amp.

Since I've only been practicing guitar (and bass) alone thus far, and even though I've 100%ed a few songs in Rocksmith, I started group guitar lessons yesterday to get some personal feedback. I learned a lot about what I do wrong. I'm totally psyched and can't wait until my next lesson. My brother has been playing for about 25 years and is amazing to me and I hope I can be as good as him.

I've taken piano for a year and a half and practiced drums for a few months but guitar does something to me. I can practice for 3 hours straight and not notice the time. It never gets boring.

Last edited:
Bass talk allowed here?
I picked up a Reverend Mercalli 5 string last year. Just put a bartolini preamp in it. That bass would beat prime Tyson.

ae57f7e0-fa17-4b53-a522-5b0e77efdc59_zpsmnqbwsi3-jpg.2600596

I picked up a Reverend Mercalli 5 string last year. Just put a bartolini preamp in it. That bass would beat prime Tyson.

ae57f7e0-fa17-4b53-a522-5b0e77efdc59_zpsmnqbwsi3-jpg.2600596
I just watched a review of this bass on the anderton’s channel. It sounds incredible.

My first guitar, a Squier Strat, circa 1994
in6grs.jpg

Epiphone Hummingbird
350vz9i.jpg

Presents from the missus, Gretsch G5420 and Les Paul Studio
t7et08.jpg

This was a drunken purchase at a blues festival, if nothing else it looks pretty cool sat in the corner of the room...
34rht2x.jpg

The latest addition to the collection, Gretsch Alligator resonator...
2mcwuhj.jpg

I really should point out that the quality of my playing is well below the quality of my guitars...

Some really nice guitars guys I might need to add to my collection and Christmas is coming boys!(and girls lol) and I just might gift myself something nice. Etherial Azwen Carbon, i would do something about the fret inlay though, dont like all that color haha.

etherial.jpg

not the best alhambra but it is for her, ecstasies

Back