The greatest wrestler-boxer of all time

I believe Rampage is a classic wrestler-boxer.

By the way why is Henderson's name popping up so much ITT? Since when was he ever a boxer?

I believe Rampage is a classic wrestler-boxer.

By the way why is Henderson's name popping up so much ITT? Since when was he ever a boxer?

since he landed a right hand and shertards are well shertards lol. they think one combination makes u sugar ray robinson. legit boxers in mma are really rare and guys that do both well pretty much dont exist. having one area so strong it makes up for the other doesn't make you proficient in both

Rampage, although, he forgot his wrestling towards the tail-end, and that's how he beat Hendo.

Also BJ, although he usually didn't use his wrestling often - he did use defensive wrestling often.
Vitor was a similar case.

At the same time, Robbie isn't the best boxer (if we include GSP who's moreso a kickboxer), but he's solely boxing and wrestling - granted he rarely goes for takedowns.

Last edited:
Jeremy "half man half amazing" Williams.
Championship level boxer, State Champion wrestler and undefeated MMA fighter.
Would have gone down as one of MMA's greats if the $ would've been better. I've seen him dismantle a handful of MMAs greatest all time LHW fighters in the gym including one that's been listed on this thread.

Williams had one outing at championship level & got poleaxed inside of three rounds by Henry Akinwande (and this was back when the WBO had very little credibility, especially at heavyweight level.)

He was much better as an amateur than he was as a pro.

Jeremy "half man half amazing" Williams.
Championship level boxer, State Champion wrestler and undefeated MMA fighter.
Would have gone down as one of MMA's greats if the $ would've been better. I've seen him dismantle a handful of MMAs greatest all time LHW fighters in the gym including one that's been listed on this thread.

Yeah Jeremy Wiliams was amazing, even though a bit undersized for HW boxing...

Would have liked to see him pick MMA sooner or be in his prime later..

That Samuel Peter KO was nasty..

This is tough. I'd favor Frankie, Rashad, and GSP for being the best overall combining of the skills. Tough to pick just one since they are all at different weight classes. As for a wrestler with sick power in his boxing, that's easily Hendo.

Apart from GSP making the division his bitch from day one and Shadface and Frankie not actually boxing and Mr Roach in GSPs corner.

Edgar, Rampage, Rashad.

Weidman and Glover are two good cases too, great hands, great takedowns and know how to grapple and go for subs.

what lol bones is a great fighter but a mediocre boxer at best take away his teep and thigh/knee kicks and he gets hit way too much he is a wrestler that learned to kickbox not box.

Not a fan of JJ boxing, but this was cool as fuck

ibbmMQjXX4X9Ka.gif

Jon+Jones+Punches+Out+Glover+Teixeira's+Mouthpiece+UFC+172.gif

Weidman, he's undefeated and of the wrestlers with strong boxing he's beaten the best strikers in Anderson and Machida.

You guys calling GSP a boxer ought to consider hanging it up. Discussing things with some level of competence just doesn't seem to be for you.

what's a wresterl-boxer?

I think it's a guy with a wrestling base that strikes like a boxer and worked a bunch on boxing when coming into MMA, Edgar, Alvarez, Maynard, Weidman, Couture, Rampage, Bader ect.

GSP has that Kyokushin style of kickboxing, I think he throws too many kicks to be considered for this category. Same with Dillashaw, he throws a ton of kicks.

I'll throw Rampage into the mix.

UFC Rampage primarily used his wrestling for TDD, so If you're going to put rampage you have to put Chuck in there too, neither really used their wrestling for offense outside of a couple matches, they used it for defensive purposes

Same with Hendo, he stopped using wrestling a long time ago

Kos was a good wrestler boxer. I agree with Frankie

Wtf @ the Weidman posts. His "boxing" is not good and it is the weakest part of his game. The gameplan against Widman is to stop his takedown and outbox him. Easier said than done but that's the "formula".

Just because a wrestler got KO power doesnt mean he is a wrestleboxer. He uses everything.

Might not have been the GOAT or anything but Don Frye was the first one that came to mind....

I think it's a guy with a wrestling base that strikes like a boxer and worked a bunch on boxing when coming into MMA, Edgar, Alvarez, Maynard, Weidman, Couture, Rampage, Bader ect.

Weidman is somebody who in his last couple of fights used elbows, plenty of kicks, guillotine chokes, went for a leglock and so on. Not so sure he strikes like a boxer.
Same with GSP who was named a lot in this thread (who was no wrestling background btw).

Back