The greatest wrestler-boxer of all time

wide.jpg

First name I thought of was Dan Henderson. Probably the most decorated guy who is a textbook wrestle-boxer. I suspect Weidman will overtake that spot though.

1. GSP
2. Hendo
3. Frankie

...then all the rest

Jeremy "half man half amazing" Williams.
Championship level boxer, State Champion wrestler and undefeated MMA fighter.
Would have gone down as one of MMA's greats if the $ would've been better. I've seen him dismantle a handful of MMAs greatest all time LHW fighters in the gym including one that's been listed on this thread.

GSP isn't a wrestle-boxer, not sure why people are naming him.

Edgar and Weidman are the two best going right now in MMA. Of all time? Hendo and Randy are both in the short list, but with Edgar and Weidman still competing they will be overtaken, I think. I'll throw in Rampage as another option, he was great.

Frankie kicks too much to be considered. It's a tough question actually because a true wrestleboxer hardly ever kicks and that archetype doesn't really exist on the highest level. GSP, Gomi, even Hendricks and Weidman use kicks with frequency.

Sea Level Cain, Johny Hendricks, TJ Dillashaw > Randy Couture, Lawler, Hendo

Silly Dilly? Really? Lets see him against someone that doesn't completely play into his style first. The only other guy in the top 15 he has fought other than Barao is Assuncao, whom he lost to. I think he's a good fighter, obviously, but the hyperbole is just way too out of control.

The greatest is Hendo in terms of success but I think King Mo is more skilled at both disciplines.

You all forgot the obvious choice.

4281218-6083399682-Brock.jpg

No karate, little BJJ. Just brute force wrestling and heavy handed boxing.

no chuck liddell so far?
lthought he didnt use his wrestling (in offence at least) too much, but he with Frnkie, are the best examples of this category.

Rampage and JDS are in there with Couture, Hendo and Frankie! I agree that Weidman may end up ruling this category

Back