The greatest nation on earth

I mean, you guys do remember that while Russia might have gotten to Berlin first (and lets ignore the fact that they didn't have to cross an OCEAN to get there), they did so against a Germany fending off the largest invasion in history from the other front. That invasion was set in motion by a country simultaneously fighting a war against another world power in an entirely different ocean.

I'm not trying to undersell Russia, obviously they played an equal, maybe greater role in defeating Germany. But I see a lot of European posters try to shit on the American role in WW2, and that does kind of get under my skin. Especially since western Europe pretty much sided with big brother America during the cold war for protection from the Soviet Union. And lets face it, if we weren't their flexing on your behalf Europe probably would have been taken over by the Soviet Union.

Facts are facts. The US didnt enter the War until Pearl Harbor more than 2 years after the War had been raging in Europe and Asia.

The reason Germany lost the War was because of the quagmire they caught themselves in invading Russia.

The D-Day/Normandy landings were over a year late. Stalin has been requesting the invasion since 1942 and Roosevelt had been promising it since 1943, and by 1944 when it actually happened the bulk of the fighting had already been done, and Stalin was so angry that it hadnt happened yet that he was threatening to leave the Allied powers..

You really think the US just swooped in in 1944 and whupped some Nazi arse in one battle and saved the world? No my friend that is just propaganda.

Last edited:
It is pretty ridiculous how often they say it... Even I think so and I'm American. Total cliche.

Anyone questioning US economic power needs to understand that until another currency replaces the $USD as THE global reserve currency and/or topples the petrodollar standard, the US' global economic hegemony is unparalleled. It's not even up for debate. $USDs = material wealth from Asia (and the rest of the world really) and petro wealth from OPEC, and the US government is of course the only entity on earth with the sovereign immunity to literally print this wealth.

Facts are facts. The US didnt enter the War until Pearl Harbor more than 2 years after the War had been raging in Europe and Asia.

The reason Germany lost the War was because of the quagmire they caught themselves in invading Russia.

The D-Day/Normandy landings were over a year late. Stalin has been requesting the invasion since 1942 and Roosevelt had been promising it since 1943, and by 1944 when it actually happened the bulk of the fighting had already been done, and Stalin was so angry that it hadnt happened yet that he was threatening to leave the Axis powers..

You really think the US just swooped in in 1944 and whupped some Nazi arse in one battle and saved the world? No my friend that is just propaganda.

I didn't say we saved the world. But here is "facts" for you. Japan ravaged the pacific ocean and brutally massacred millions. Russia didn't didn't attack Japan because they were busy fighting for their lives against a much smaller nation. Russia didn't fight a 2 front war. We did. That says more than enough about our involvement.

I actually don't believe that Russia could have invaded Germany without Normandy. They sure as shit would have pushed them out of Russia, but then what? If all of the German forces were united on the Eastern front against Russia, Russia would have had to enter a long grinding war, which probably would have given Germany enough time to finish their own atomic bomb. Something tells me that Hitler would have had little compunction about unleashing that. And if America didn't exist, would Japan have been bombing Russia from the other side further slowing their progress?

it isnt only us. there are many countries who are crazily nationalistic. each one bases this claim on whatever their accomplishments are.

we, for example, point to having the largest economy. moon landing. we see ourselves as having saved the world in ww2 (most of us). we see ourselves as the world police, and imagine that the world would fall into chaos without us.

i dont necessarily think those things, but many do.

I didn't say we saved the world. But here is "facts" for you. Japan ravaged the pacific ocean and brutally massacred millions. Russia didn't didn't attack Japan because they were busy fighting for their lives against a much smaller nation. Russia didn't fight a 2 front war. We did. That says more than enough about our involvement.

I actually don't believe that Russia could have invaded Germany without Normandy. They sure as shit would have pushed them out of Russia, but then what? If all of the German forces were united on the Eastern front against Russia, Russia would have had to enter a long grinding war, which probably would have given Germany enough time to finish their own atomic bomb. Something tells me that Hitler would have had little compunction about unleashing that. And if America didn't exist, would Japan have been bombing Russia from the other side further slowing their progress?

lol. How biased you could be?
Much smaller nation? Germany's population have been around 70 mil. pre-war period.
Soviet Union - 169 ml. approximately.
But you have to add also that Germany had annexed Austria, as well as other countries and used their army potential on their side as well. There were huge romanian and hungarian armies on the Eastern front.
You have to notice that pre-WWII the Soviet Union had been involved in another war - The Winter War with Finland.
On top of that Stalin had never really expected that Germany would attack the Soviet Union. So the first assault by the germans had surprised badly the unprepared soviet command. Germany had the privillege to attack first, and it made a serious impact.
Japan, on the other side, were tentative to attack, because they had lost the borderline conflict in Khalkin-Gol in 1939. They just had known that it might turn out bad for them had they invade. Btw.. Stalin sent several divisions on the japanese border in time when Moscow was under siege. So definitely they were completely ready to start fighting on two fronts. These very same divisions had later stepped in Moscow as reinforcements and eventually turned the tide in Soviet's favour.
Read more history bro. I suggest you to try to find european versions of these books, otherwise you may continue to live in your own american dreamland.

On top of that Stalin had never really expected that Germany would attack the Soviet Union. So the first assault by the germans had surprised badly the unprepared soviet command. Germany had the privillege to attack first, and it made a serious impact..

Yahh he did, that was his biggest fear. They were quite prepared for war and well armed. To bad Stalin killed tens of thousands of his military leaders thus leaving no one to actually lead a proper defence. Germans fought a disorganized cluster fuck of a Russian Army.

The US fought a 1-front war in the Pacific for 3 years up until the D-Day landing for the most part.

I actually don't believe that Russia could have invaded Germany without Normandy. They sure as shit would have pushed them out of Russia, but then what? If all of the German forces were united on the Eastern front against Russia, Russia would have had to enter a long grinding war, which probably would have given Germany enough time to finish their own atomic bomb.

The Germans werent anywhere near as close as the US to finishing a bomb. When the US invaded Germany they found stashes of uranium just sitting around that had been seized in Czechoslovakia but the Germans hadnt done anything with them.

And if America didn't exist, would Japan have been bombing Russia from the other side further slowing their progress?

No because Japan didnt do zhit to the Soviets. The Japanese barely made it on to the first and second Aleutian islands in Alaska before they were beaten back by the US.

Last edited:
Maybe those US politicians should have a glance at the quality/standard of living in America compared to the rest of the world

But hey, as if they pay attention to actual facts

Who cares though, they can keep calling themselves "The greatest Nation...." and I will keep laughing

Maybe those US politicians should have a glance at the quality/standard of living in America compared to the rest of the world

Dude we both know poor people arentt real people.

So if we just look at the rich people, The US is the greatest nation in the world.

USAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSA!!!!

Dude we both know poor people arentt real people.

So if we just look at the rich people, The US is the greatest nation in the world.

USAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSA!!!!

LOL!

Baby you're a rich man
Baby you're a rich man
Baby you're a rich man too
You keep all your money in a big brown bag inside a zoo
What a thing to do

Here is what I do know. Our president is black, the most powerful person in our media is a black woman (Oprah). There are muslim nations that women aren't allowed to show their faces, there are others where racism is still running wild. We are better because we realize that we are fucked up and are actively trying to fix it. Also, our military can beat up yours.

Here is what I do know. Our president is black, the most powerful person in our media is a black woman (Oprah). There are muslim nations that women aren't allowed to show their faces, there are others where racism is still running wild. We are better because we realize that we are fucked up and are actively trying to fix it. Also, our military can beat up yours.

Translation: I don't really know anything.

Canada - everybody generally likes Canada, doubt too many people hate Canada.

lol. How biased you could be?
Much smaller nation? Germany's population have been around 70 mil. pre-war period.
Soviet Union - 169 ml. approximately.
But you have to add also that Germany had annexed Austria, as well as other countries and used their army potential on their side as well. There were huge romanian and hungarian armies on the Eastern front.
You have to notice that pre-WWII the Soviet Union had been involved in another war - The Winter War with Finland.
On top of that Stalin had never really expected that Germany would attack the Soviet Union. So the first assault by the germans had surprised badly the unprepared soviet command. Germany had the privillege to attack first, and it made a serious impact.
Japan, on the other side, were tentative to attack, because they had lost the borderline conflict in Khalkin-Gol in 1939. They just had known that it might turn out bad for them had they invade. Btw.. Stalin sent several divisions on the japanese border in time when Moscow was under siege. So definitely they were completely ready to start fighting on two fronts. These very same divisions had later stepped in Moscow as reinforcements and eventually turned the tide in Soviet's favour.
Read more history bro. I suggest you to try to find european versions of these books, otherwise you may continue to live in your own american dreamland.

Whatever man, i am not going to get into it with you anymore because it's obvious you are sick of America. Btw, you know America pretty much made it possible for Europe and the Soviet Union to pay for the war, right?

The US fought a 1-front war in the Pacific for 3 years up until the D-Day landing for the most part.
We had already invaded Italy and Africa by the time D-Day happened

The Germans werent anywhere near as close as the US to finishing a bomb. When the US invaded Germany they found stashes of uranium just sitting around that had been seized in Czechoslovakia but the Germans hadnt done anything with them.

I've always heard the were close to finishing it and a lot of our progress towards it was thanks to their scientist. Maybe I am wrong there. Either way, without the US I wholly believe they would have held off the Russians for a looong time

No because Japan didnt do zhit to the Soviets. The Japanese barely made it on to the first and second Aleutian islands in Alaska before they were beaten back by the US.

I didn't say that they did do shit to the soviets.

We were the most important player, so we get most of the spoils. The other guys get some credit, too. That's why we let Britain and France have submarines.

Lol no. It was USSR alllll day long in the fight against Germany. You guys got Japan, the USSR got all of Eastern and Central Europe.

We had already invaded Italy and Africa by the time D-Day happened

I've always heard the were close to finishing it and a lot of our progress towards it was thanks to their scientist. Maybe I am wrong there. Either way, without the US I wholly believe they would have held off the Russians for a looong time

I didn't say that they did do shit to the soviets.

In response to the bolded part: The Germans didn't have enough manpower to last. They had to send shit tons of troops to the Balkans and that area because of the partisans. The war would have gone on maybe another two years, but not that long.

The Japanese and Russians had some brief skirmishes but it didn't go great for the Japanese so they backed off.

From what I have read the scientists that defected from Germany convinced the US leadership Germany was close, when in reality it never really got anywhere with it, so the US would start its own program.

Back