The greatest nation on earth

Dying is not a contribution.

Saying it was a team effort to win WW2, is like saying any Denver Bronco's win was a team effort. Yeah, others were involved, but one individual got the win..

America is the Peyton Manning of WW2.

How could you say something so vile?

wow.

How could you say something so vile?

wow.

You have 1,000,000 people.

500,000 of them die.

You now have 500,000 people left. What has been gained? Nothing, they were a sacrifice so the remainder could live.

Sacrifice.....not contribution.

This thread is sad.

Why can't we all just get along?

With that said, "greatest" is a subjective term. If you in any first world country you're going to have it pretty good.

Now if you were talking about most powerful country in the world, that's a different discussion. You'd be hard pressed to make an argument against the USA in that regard

This thread is sad.

Why can't we all just get along?

With that said, "greatest" is a subjective term. If you in any first world country you're going to have it pretty good.

Now if you were talking about most powerful country in the world, that's a different discussion. You'd be hard pressed to make an argument against the USA in that regard

Except for the fact that China pretty much owns America now....

China is smart as fuck. They didn't have to kill anyone and they basically own us in everything but title.

Good for you.

BTW, I think you are confusing "sacrifice" with "contribution".

They are not necessarily the same thing.

So what you are saying is that other countries didn't defeat any Nazi's? And other countries didn't save any lives during WW2?

You do realize the Russians also beat large parts of the German army. And that a lot of people in for example Holland saved the lives of a lot of innocent people by hiding them from the Nazi's.

So what you are saying is that other countries didn't defeat any Nazi's? And other countries didn't save any lives during WW2?

You do realize the Russians also beat large parts of the German army. And that a lot of people in for example Holland saved the lives of a lot of innocent people by hiding them from the Nazi's.

Where did I say that? Quote me where I said no one else did anything...

I'm saying America is the reason Germany didn't take over, and that someone dying in war is not a contribution, but a sacrifice.

China is smart as fuck. They didn't have to kill anyone and they basically own us in everything but title.

You know what's gonna hurt them in the end? Their child restriction laws. Its decreasing the amount of able bodied workers in the future. When their current population starts to retire, their economy may get hurt because of it.

Where did I say that? Quote me where I said no one else did anything...

I'm saying America is the reason Germany didn't take over, and that someone dying in war is not a contribution, but a sacrifice.

You said that WW2 was not a team effort. It was. Multiple countries contributed something to defeating Germany. Therefore, it was a team effort.

That statement was simply wrong.

America is the best because if any other country says they are "the greatest nation on earth", they don't get people from other countries making baby cry threads about it.

Greatest military without question.

Very interesting, diverse culture. New York, Hollywood, very interesting stuff coming out of those two centres.

Culturally the United States is dead outside NY and LA though. Although I personally think the southern USA is really interesting.

Because America saved the world in WWII.

Without us we'd all be speaking German and at least half the planet would just be blue-eyed, blonde-haired assholes.

As payment, the rest of the world has to kiss our asses for at least another century.

The same could be said about Russia. Come to think of it, same goes for England. America waited till we'd been battered and stepped in late. If england had done the same, or not stepped in at all, could have been a whole different story.

*Britain I meant*

I've only ever been a United States citizen, so I really have no basis for comparison. I don't get why people profess it though, seems douchey.

Dying is not a contribution.

Saying it was a team effort to win WW2, is like saying any Denver Bronco's win was a team effort. Yeah, others were involved, but one individual got the win..

America is the Peyton Manning of WW2.

lol

The USSR was the Peyton Manning of WW2. They killed more Germans/Italians than the US killed Japanese and German/Italian combined.

The USSR won WW2 and would have won without the aid of the United States, it just would have taken longer. Your offensive against Japan is overrated as well, the Chinese fought and killed more japanese than the USA did. And Japan didn't surrender until the USSR declared war, in spite of the fact that America dropped two nukes on civillian targets.

I've been to Thunder Bay, Canada and Tijuana, Mexico, as well as almost every state in the US.

So don't tell me I haven't traveled the world. And I've come to this conclusion...

The US is the greatest nation on Earth!!!

Not true.

China only owns a smaller fraction of the US debt. It's the other way around. If America starts pulling some strings it is China that will suffer.

Back