The greatest comedy series?

larry3.jpg

onesheet.jpg

Edit: I also like Arrested Development and Modern Family.

IMO the best episodes are the earlier seasons.

Sniffing Accountant
The Hamptons
The Glasses
Bubble Boy
Marine Biologist
The Mango

Season 5 is the best Seinfeld season IMO. The show in its later years never captured that humor it once had.
All great episodes.

My top 5 are more like

The Pothole
Thr Betrayal
The Bizarro Jerry
The Serenity Now
The Chicken Roaster

I'm on reality tv now. All you gotta do is pretend they aren't real humans, and it makes it easier to not get ultimately saddened.

Not enough love for Always Sunny in here. It's 11 seasons deep into straddling the line between a group of believable people and completely soulless cartoons. The finale last season was one of my favorites of the series.

What's with these British shows no one watches.

Seinfeld, Curb, Arrested Development, King of Queens, The Office, Cheers, Frasier, Raymond, Portlandia

The Brits can't touch these shows

And yet the original british version of the office pisses on the american one...

king of queens is terribad except for Jerry Stiller

The original 3 season run of Family Guy was the funniest cartoon i've seen. Though the very early Simpsons was right up there was well(im talking the first 3/4 seasons as well). Married with Childern same thing, the early stuff is brilliant. First 2 seasons of Jersey Shore is some of the funniest TV as well.

I'm not the biggest South Park fan but I give them credit in that they can still put out some brilliant shit for a show that old which is something I almost never see from shows past their prime like the Simpsons.

And yet the original british version of the office pisses on the american one...

king of queens is terribad except for Jerry Stiller

Stop it. The British office stinks compared to the American version.

Friends, Two and a half men, and Big bang theory

srs

not srs

Seinfeld. Imo, the show was amazing from the beginning and only got better and better, despite Larry leaving after s7. I know each episode very well, so I almost never watch it anymore. I just watched an episode yesterday ("The Abstinence"from season 8), and I was still cracking up.

It's just so fuckin good.

Some of my others: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Arrested Development, Family Guy, Married...with Children, Everybody Loves Raymond, Lucky Louie (could've and should've been great).
Seinfeld.
All great episodes.

My top 5 are more like

The Pothole
Thr Betrayal
The Bizarro Jerry
The Serenity Now
The Chicken Roaster

What's with these British shows no one watches.

Seinfeld, Curb, Arrested Development, King of Queens, The Office, Cheers, Frasier, Raymond, Portlandia

The Brits can't touch these shows

All those shows have very little depth. I suppose if you don't like thought they might strike a chord.

Lots of legendary humor, but got to go with Seinfeld, just because I still watch it and it still makes me laugh.

Simpsons should be right there with Seinfeld. Its a great show and brought uncontrollable fits of laughter when I was younger.

All those shows have very little depth. I suppose if you don't like thought they might strike a chord.

Lol sure they don't.

Cheers is all about depth at least the first 6 seasons. Then it becomes an ensemble cast.

Keep watching your British shows no one on earth cares about. The world imports American tv. No one is importin the british version of the office. Why cause it isn't as good as the American version.

Stop it. The British office stinks compared to the American version.

Have you watched it? I would vote it the best comedy I've ever seen, along with The Inbetweeners, Fawlty Towers, Seinfeld and Simpsons.

Also check out a great Aussie satire on current affairs shows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back