• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media The Great GIF Rescue (Awesome Gifs Inside)

Can You See The Gifs I Posted?

• Total voters

Buff

#FreeLeeMurray Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Picsart_22-05-05_13-28-39-221.jpg

Real talk brothers - its getting realy hard to find vintage gifs these days because sites and accounts keep shutting down. We're losing our history.

We must preserve these easily-watchable moments for future generations to know how much better MMA was back in the day, or else in 5 yesrs time we'll be hearing about how Conor invented MMA.

full

"What can YOU do for the wider MMA community?" I hear you ask yourselves... Well, thats a great question - and the answer is simple - just find the gifs you want to be preserved forever, and upload them right here, to our beloved sherdog...

https://forums.sherdog.com/media/add

Screenshot_20220505-130632_Samsung Internet.jpg

Then either add them to my "old shit" folder, or create your own, and upload the link directly to sherdog by copy/pasta and then hitting that orange +, that way if the original dies, sherdog's magic will keep it alive like somehow, like Jessica Eye UFC tenure.

Failing that, just post the gifs and I'll upload them to mine when I have time... I've already added 60 or so from this thread and and when I have time... The future is safe... But you can make it safer!

Here's a few examples of gifs I've recently hunted down and dragged from the jaws of obscurity...

Irvin vs Ramirez

full

Scott Morris' Epic Guillotine

full

Coked-up Paris Hilton knowing damn well what she's doing with her top...

full

Imnari being a total psycho

full

Cody GOAT

full

Goldberg getting to know the NYBA a little better

full

Even things like Shad vs Forrest are getting harder to find...

full

The legendary Jack Off KO

full

Sylvia vs Mercer

full

More in my folder:

https://forums.sherdog.com/media/albums/classic-shit.4162/

full

So let's get at it before it's too late... Make yourself a file... Brothers @KazDibiase and @Ladder Master could maybe help out with some classics/smuttery that I've missed... Also any old gif threads would be a major help... For everybody.

fedor_alex_putin_vandam_beslusconi.jpg

Let's do it brothers, before its too late.

Last edited:
Its becoming a problem for me that when I search for old KOs and/or spectacular vintage stuff, I'm increasingly shooting blanks on the searches... This is an insidious problem - we must preserve these easily-watchable moments for future generations to know how much better MMA was back in the day.

full

"What can YOU do for the wider MMA community?" I hear you ask yourselves... Well, thats a great question - and the answer is simple - just find the gifs you want to be preserved forever, and upload them right here, to our beloved sherdog...

View attachment 920997

Then either add them to my "old shit" folder, or create your own, and upload the link directly to sherdog - that way if the original dies, sherdog's magic will keep it alive like a Rothschild, or Jessica Eye UFC tenure.

Failing that, just post the gifs and I'll upload them to mine when I have time.

Here's a few examples of gifs I've recently hunted down and dragged from the jaws of obscurity...

Irvin vs Ramirez

full

full

full

full

Cody GOAT

full

full

full

More in my folder:

full

So let's get at it before it's too late... Make yourself a file... Brothers @KazDibiase and @Ladder Master could maybe help out with some classics/smuttery that I've missed... Also any old gif threads would be a major help.

View attachment 921000

Let's do it brothers, before its to late.

<RomeroSalute>

Its becoming a problem for me that when I search for old KOs and/or spectacular vintage stuff, I'm increasingly shooting blanks on the searches... This is an insidious problem - we must preserve these easily-watchable moments for future generations to know how much better MMA was back in the day.

full

View attachment 920997

Then either add them to my "old shit" folder, or create your own, and upload the link directly to sherdog - that way if the original dies, sherdog's magic will keep it alive like a Rothschild, or Jessica Eye UFC tenure.

Irvin vs Ramirez

full

full

full

full

Cody GOAT

full

full

full

More in my folder:

full

So let's get at it before it's too late... Make yourself a file... Brothers @KazDibiase and @Ladder Master could maybe help out with some classics/smuttery that I've missed... Also any old gif threads would be a major help.

View attachment 921000

This here's God's work.

Its becoming a problem for me that when I search for old KOs and/or spectacular vintage stuff, I'm increasingly shooting blanks on the searches... This is an insidious problem - we must preserve these easily-watchable moments for future generations to know how much better MMA was back in the day

full

View attachment 920997

Irvin vs Ramirez

full

full

full

full

Cody GOAT

full

full

full

More in my folder:

full

View attachment 921000

All of them work for me.

Alright sweet... Back to business...

Gifs + gif thread links pls... Ideally upload yourself, if not, I will.

Kim Couture almost dying:

full

Giblert pwning Aoki's creepy crab walk

full

Coked up Rob Schneider - this is actually the gif that inspired me to make this thread - it was everywhere, now you can't even find it - @Ladder Master made this for me from a YouTube clip, hence the flicker

full

McLovin's armbar

full

A rarely seen Royce Gracie UFC 2 fight vs Minoki Ichihara (his only opponent without a wiki)

full

Bas terrorising Japan

full

Anyone have the Shogun vs Machida 2 gif breaking down the finishing sequence? Where Shogun plants/changes stances to fake a leg kick, then Machida does his go-to leg kick counter (a punch), then Shogun counters the counter which drops/finishes him?

One of the best technical gifs ever and I haven't seen it in AGES

Last edited:
Anyone have the Shogun vs Machida 2 gif breaking down the finishing sequence? Where Shogun plants/change stances to fake a leg kick, then Machida does his go-to leg kick counter (a punch), then Shogun counters the counter which drops/finishes him?

One of the best technical gifs ever and I haven't seen it in AGES

Thwy opened up the fight with a similar sequence too

IcyIgnorantHapuku-max-1mb.gif

Here's the KO - the frame rate is shit though - this is what I mean about vanishing gifs, this adds so much more to the story of the fight/KO

AdorableBigheartedHalcyon-size_restricted.gif

Than this:

e25e4295595c81b2e269ef4a536f6d9e5156d69d_00.gif

Thwy opened up the fight with a similar sequence too

IcyIgnorantHapuku-max-1mb.gif

Here's the KO - the frame rate is shit though - this is what I mean about vanishing gifs, this adds so much more to the story of the fight/KO

AdorableBigheartedHalcyon-size_restricted.gif

Than this:

e25e4295595c81b2e269ef4a536f6d9e5156d69d_00.gif
Thanks man but the one I'm thinking of is even better. It is an OVERHEAD angle and stops periodically with text at the bottom describing what is happening. First it shows a blatant change of Shogun's stance (indicating he would throw a leg kick) and Machida reads it and throws his counter, to which Shogun immediately counters the counter with his overhand. I'm legit depressed I can't find it... scouring google now but I haven't seen it in years.

Back