Locked Prem Euro 2024 Thread v1: England V Spain It's Coming Home Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, he was offside and right where Maighan would have dived to. Now if he was step or two away from the balls path

It's about the eyeline though and he wasn't in it. Even if he dived for that, he wasn't getting it, imo.

That should have been a goal
[irrelevant parts removed]

2. Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

interfering with an opponent by:
preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
challenging an opponent for the ball or
clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

In situations where:

a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball; if the player moves into the way of an opponent and impedes the opponent's progress (e.g blocks the opponent) the offence should be penalised under Law 12

/

I haven't watched multiple slo-mo replays, but I don't think that met the criteria for offside.

Maybe he wont but still as offside player you simply cant have any kind of impact in the play

I don't think he was impacting it though. If he's blocking the sight line then yes, but he wasn't and the keeper wasn't getting it.

Seen plenty of those given and I think it just depends on who is in the VAR booth if that is given or not.

I don't think he was impacting it though. If he's blocking the sight line then yes, but he wasn't and the keeper wasn't getting it.

Seen plenty of those given and I think it just depends on who is in the VAR booth if that is given or not.
Look here. Dumfries is standing in offside position and ball goes past him from his left side, Maignan is on the other side. Even if Maignan dives all he is getting is legs of Dumfries. Hence he impacts the play. Whether Maignan gets to it dont matter here.

He was offsides. Anything close or debatable shouldn't be sided with the person in the illegal position IMO.
I don't think it's official but when I was growing up and playing they would always say in a 50 50 call favour the attacker. Also the ref's decision is supposed to be reversed by VAR only in the case of 'a clear and obvious mistake', or a 'serious missed incident'. Although the linesman's involved as well, I'm not sure exactly how that works.

Why are all the old fucks like Giroud and CR7 still playing? Are the steroids so much better nowadays than 15 years ago? back then players, except for goalkeepers, basically became garbage after the age of 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back