Economy The Great Foxconn

Bobby 3 Sticks

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Fitting that this was pushed so hard as a win by the great conman himself the potus

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bu...-trump-touted-n964411?cid=public-rss_20190130

Foxconn is reconsidering plans to make advanced liquid crystal display panels at a $10 billion Wisconsin campus, and said it intends to hire mostly engineers and researchers rather than the manufacturing workforce the project originally promised.

Foxconn, which received controversial state and local incentives for the project, initially planned to manufacture advanced large screen displays for TVs and other consumer and professional products at the facility, which is under construction. It later said it would build smaller LCD screens instead.

Now, those plans may be scaled back or even shelved, Louis Woo, special assistant to Foxconn Chief Executive Terry Gou, told Reuters. He said the company was still evaluating options for Wisconsin, but cited the steep cost of making advanced TV screens in the United States, where labor expenses are comparatively high.

"In terms of TV, we have no place in the U.S.," he said in an interview. "We can't compete."

Earlier this month, Foxconn, a major supplier to Apple, reiterated its intention to create 13,000 jobs in Wisconsin, but said it had slowed its pace of hiring. The company initially said it expected to employ about 5,200 people by the end of 2020; a company source said that figure now looks likely to be closer to 1,000 workers.

It is unclear when the full 13,000 workers will be hired

Rather than manufacturing LCD panels in the United States, Woo said it would be more profitable to make them in greater China and Japan, ship them to Mexico for final assembly, and import the finished product to the United States.

Ah yes the working class of Wisconsin fucked by the GOP again. You'd think they'd learn but nope.

"Foxconn" other name ideas were "Weaselsneakkk" and "Snakeinthegrasss"

yes the working class of Wisconsin fucked by the GOP again. You'd think they'd learn but nope.

Well they did vote Walker out for a Dem governor, so can't say they didn't learn

This tho, there's also been talk of Evers pushing back on the massive tax breaks that were previously offered to Foxconn, so Foxconn is getting cold feet of committing here

It's not like Wi handed them 10 Billion dollars. It was 10B in tax breaks so if Fox doesn't make something, there'll be nothing to tax to give the break to so its not like Wi is out any money. Just the jobs

Well they did vote Walker out for a Dem governor, so can't say they didn't learn

This tho, there's also been talk of Evers pushing back on the massive tax breaks that were previously offered to Foxconn, so Foxconn is getting cold feet of committing here

It's not like Wi handed them 10 Billion dollars. It was 10B in tax breaks so if Fox doesn't make something, there'll be nothing to tax to give the break to so its not like Wi is out any money. Just the jobs
Yeah it was tax breaks but I live right by it .The massive construction has started . That's going to be a nice giant empty building .

So yes they are out some money

How amazing is it to watch Democrats cheering the failure of Republican efforts to bring jobs back to America? It's like living in a parallel universe.
Anyone with half an understanding of econompic policy knew this was a really bad fucking deal written with pie in the sky expectations

Oh look, LEFTIST TDS moron takes "May" as "will not"...and even though the article states they are still going to use the factory and hire the 13,000 people they were originally going to hire, uses it as if they are saying its not going to happen just because those people may not be making TVs...

I mean, how blind are you people?!?

"Earlier this month, Foxconn, a major supplier to Apple, reiterated its intention to create 13,000 jobs in Wisconsin, but said it had slowed its pace of hiring. The company initially said it expected to employ about 5,200 people by the end of 2020; a company source said that figure now looks likely to be closer to 1,000 workers.

It is unclear when the full 13,000 workers will be hired."

Still going to happen. As usual, the left feels the need to reject reality to justify an irrational, unjustified hate of Trump. You'd think they would learn, but nope, cultists never do...I just wish they would hurry up and actually drink that kool-aid so the sane people no longer have to listen to them anymore. Sure, there would be a lot of bodies that would need to be buried but hey, that would also ease global warming so they would be finally be doing what they like to say they are doing!

Rather than manufacturing LCD panels in the United States, Woo said it would be more profitable to make them in greater CHINA

<{Heymansnicker}>

and Japan, ship them to MEXICO

<{Heymansnicker}> <{Heymansnicker}>

for final assembly, and import the finished product to the United States.

Man, if Foxconn could have just worked Iran somewhere into that supply chain it could have been a Trumptard trifecta!

Anyone with half an understanding of econompic policy knew this was a really bad fucking deal written with pie in the sky expectations

Right..... and way to excuse yourself from my actual point and address something that wasn't said. You people are like a broken record. REPUBLICANS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PRO WORKING PEOPLE BY NATURE. Do you get that or not?

Oh look, LEFTIST TDS moron takes "May" as "will not"...and even though the article states they are still going to use the factory and hire the 13,000 people they were originally going to hire, uses it as if they are saying its not going to happen just because those people may not be making TVs...

I mean, how blind are you people?!?

"Earlier this month, Foxconn, a major supplier to Apple, reiterated its intention to create 13,000 jobs in Wisconsin, but said it had slowed its pace of hiring. The company initially said it expected to employ about 5,200 people by the end of 2020; a company source said that figure now looks likely to be closer to 1,000 workers.

It is unclear when the full 13,000 workers will be hired."

Still going to happen. As usual, the left feels the need to reject reality to justify an irrational, unjustified hate of Trump. You'd think they would learn, but nope, cultists never do...I just wish they would hurry up and actually drink that kool-aid so the sane people no longer have to listen to them anymore. Sure, there would be a lot of bodies that would need to be buried but hey, that would also ease global warming so they would be finally be doing what they like to say they are doing!
You're too dumb or too partisan to connect the lies with Foxconn

1) Foxconn initially said most of the jobs would be manufacturing jobs that did not require some sort of advanced degree . Foxconn now says 3/4 are R&D. This will likely pull heavily from Milwaukee and Chicago as opposed to Racine and Kenosha . The two areas (especially Racine which has been among the top in the state in unemployment and poverty) that could desperately need manufacturing jobs.

2) The initial budget estimates said 25 years to breakeven on economic benefits . that was using the original hiring estimates including again, the more blue collar jobs . This now means that it's going to take considerably longer than 25 years (probably closer to 40) to breakeven . That means the amount of time needed to use the plant to have positivie economic impact is going to likely last longer than the usefulness life of the facility .

3) They said the factory would be for specific LCD screens and now they're walking that back . This seems to indicate they may never need the 13,000 jobs especially as demand for iphones has fallen in the last year.

I'm sorry your lack of economic understanding isn't good enough to comprehend why this was a bad deal from the start .

Right..... and way to excuse yourself from my actual point and address something that wasn't said. You people are like a broken record. REPUBLICANS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PRO WORKING PEOPLE BY NATURE. Do you get that or not?
I do and yet working people in Wisconsin allowed themselves to get fucked over by republicans . That was the whole point as well as shedding light on what a shitty deal this was

You're too dumb or too partisan to connect the lies with Foxconn

I'm sorry your lack of economic understanding isn't good enough to comprehend why this was a bad deal from the start .

May not, is not will not, and the entire article still states it will happen...the kool-aid table is right over there --->

Too bad you are too stupid and bias to not realize how you are being manipulated by the media that controls your tiny brain.

I do and yet working people in Wisconsin allowed themselves to get fucked over by republicans . That was the whole point as well as shedding light on what a shitty deal this was

You get that Republicans are actually trying to help them.... Democrats are not. This isn't a "screwed over" scenario, right? The last 25 years of Democrats policy towards working people (their base) is. You get that don't you? Like this post is so amazingly out of touch I don't know what to say.

I just had fox news on, and they shilled for everybody to forget about single payer. That was my daily fox con.

Last edited:
TS ignores the fact there are far more success stories.

Rather than manufacturing LCD panels in the United States, Woo said it would be more profitable to make them in greater CHINA

<{Heymansnicker}>

and Japan, ship them to MEXICO

<{Heymansnicker}> <{Heymansnicker}>

for final assembly, and import the finished product to the United States.

Man, if Foxconn could have just worked Iran somewhere into that supply chain it could have been a Trumptard trifecta!

Unbelievable that people actually think high paying blue collar jobs can come back to America. this work can almost all be replaced by automation, it's just that the initial investment is still more expensive than long term slave labor in China.

You get that Republicans are actually trying to help them.... Democrats are not. This isn't a "screwed over" scenario, right? The last 25 years of Democrats policy towards working people (their base) is. You get that don't you? Like this post is so amazingly out of touch I don't know what to say.
Yes Act 10 in WI helps working class . Yes this "deal" helps working class. You're so out of touch with economic policies especially on a state level it's amazing

Yes Act 10 in WI helps working class . Yes this "deal" helps working class. You're so out of touch with economic policies especially on a state level it's amazing

Again, stop attacking points I'm not making. I didn't bring those things up, you did. Attacking points nobody is making is the most dishonest form of debate possible. This deal was designed to bring working class jobs back to the US, something the Democrats, the party of the working man, could care less about for more than two decades. We're in this positiong because of Democrats.

Unbelievable that people actually think high paying blue collar jobs can come back to America.

They certainly cannot be brought back through market mechanisms. But I would disagree with you if you think there is no way to pay an American soldering circuit boards 50K a year.

No one with half a brain is surprised by this. Wisconsin was getting fleeced and knew it all along.

Back