The grappling forum is the nicest forum

just a bunch of jiu jitsu elitists. ton of ego and bickering back and forth. the threads that get the most responses are the ones like eddie bravo vs. draculino. and of course the ones with the least amount of responses are the ones on actual techniques. (excluding half guard thread)

Pft, this forum is a giant Jiu-Jitsu elitist thread. Constantly calling out professional fighters "Jiu Jitsu skillz" even though many fighters do not train in the sport.

That's your opinion, fella, but even when I've argued with people on here it's been civil. Being a critic of fighters isn't necessarily egotistical, not in a forum for discussion. No-one's had an ego with me, and plenty of folks have been quite helpful.

That's your opinion, fella, but even when I've argued with people on here it's been civil. Being a critic of fighters isn't necessarily egotistical, not in a forum for discussion. No-one's had an ego with me, and plenty of folks have been quite helpful.

Hey I'm all for a discussion on fighters on a discussion board, but you have to admit the large majority of threads and posts in this forum are dominated by Jiu Jitsu elitists.

I've been in damn near a hundred fights.

AH HAHAHA AHHAHAHA AH HA AHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHA AH HAHAHA (pause to breath) AHH HAHAHAHA AH HA HA...Ah ha...ha...oh Jesus(wipes away laughter tear)

I agree with TS.

In the grappling forum you can actually open a thread or express your opinion without getting internet raped, insulted, flamed or all together.

Grapplers gotta stick together, no matter if it's Judo, BJJ, Wrestling, Sambo or Kamasutra...

we check our egos at the door when we log in.

BROWNNOSER.png

Pft, this forum is a giant Jiu-Jitsu elitist thread. Constantly calling out professional fighters "Jiu Jitsu skillz" even though many fighters do not train in the sport.

just a bunch of jiu jitsu elitists. ton of ego and bickering back and forth. the threads that get the most responses are the ones like eddie bravo vs. draculino. and of course the ones with the least amount of responses are the ones on actual techniques. (excluding half guard thread)

well at least a couple of people finally realized this.

also the Eddie Bravo hate gets ridiculous at times especially considering that he's more skilled than ANY one on this forum.

well at least a couple of people finally realized this.

also the Eddie Bravo hate gets ridiculous at times especially considering that he's more skilled at smoking pot and making crappy music than ANY one on this forum.

Yeah, that's correct.

I've been in damn near a hundred fights. I haven't always won, but I won a lot.
One of the fighters at my current gym asked this other student (who had been puffing his chest a bit) how many fights he had. The kid gave a very similar response to the above, to which the fighter chuckled and informed him that he wasn't interested in how many no-name scrubs he'd fist-fought, but how many times he'd stepped into the cage. At which point the chagrined kid admitted that the number was zero.

It's not that there isn't any merit to fighting the teh streetz... but it's not verifiable, and even if it does happen there's nothing to ensure that a good/fair matchup occurred. As opposed to weight classes in the cage, hopefully some reasonable matchmaking (thought that can be questionable), and the fights end up on a more public record.

Well, I would step into the cage in a heartbeat, but I'm only fifteen. And 100 is obviously an exaggeration, more like 15 or 16. Many of them were slightly older or about the same size and age. I just realized everyone was joking when they called me a pony, though.

I've been training in one martial art or another though since I was 12, and I'm about to add another to my repetoire.

Back