The Glock 23 Sucks

.40 has imo become an obsolete round. 9mm or 10mm.
I've never understood the point of it. Loses the velocity of 9mm and has more recoil (IMO) than .45. I hated it even in a full size pistol.

I've never understood the point of it. Loses the velocity of 9mm and has more recoil (IMO) than .45. I hated it even in a full size pistol.
.40 made a lot more sense when it came out, before the plethora of advanced 9mm options existed.

Basicslly .40 was great before 9mm hit the gym and got swol.

because it's supposed to be 10mm, but people were babies about the recoil. seriously.
Pretty much. I had a g23 and an xd tactical in .40. sold both. I keep my semi pistols in 9mm, 45, and 10mm now. Nothing really wrong with a 40….I just didn’t need another caliber in semi to keep up with.

I will say….a g29 with a really stout loud is a pita to shoot unless the mag has a pinky extension.

.40 made a lot more sense when it came out, before the plethora of advanced 9mm options existed.

Basicslly .40 was great before 9mm hit the gym and got swol.
Does anyone remember the g23 getting jammed up when running a light on years back. I do. Clamping a pistol light on the gun would cause it all kinds of issues.

Does anyone remember the g23 getting jammed up when running a light on years back. I do. Clamping a pistol light on the gun would cause it all kinds of issues.
I had a 23 years ago and had a TLR-1 on it and never had any issues. I didn’t torque the shit out of the light though. I don’t think this would be limited to the 23, as your cranking the frame and the 19 and 23 use the same frame.

I had a 23 years ago and had a TLR-1 on it and never had any issues. I didn’t torque the shit out of the light though. I don’t think this would be limited to the 23, as your cranking the frame and the 19 and 23 use the same frame.
The 23 had more recoil than the 19….that with the light was causing issues. This was the late 90’s on the gen 3’s. You can still find articles and forums where people were talking about it. My g23 never had an issue….then put a Glock light on it and it was a pain.

https://www.defensivecarry.com/threads/weapon-light-causing-jams.486129/

6-A16-DD3-D-A9-F8-4111-9-F2-D-5506-A58-F45-A0.jpg

I was forced to buy a 23 because our agency moved to 9mm and I had like 1500 rounds of 40 leftover. Blue label gen5s luckily like 413 bucks.

Not a terrible gun, Glock 22 is probably a better option of the 2.

Back