The Glock 23 Sucks

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Man I hate this thing. Tiny but .40 so it’s uncomfortable to shoot compared to 9mm. Hard to stay on target. Slide slices into my thumb. I regret this purchase heavily. Anyone else have a similar experience?

I’ll give you tree fiddy for it.
You try extended mags to change the grip alignment?

I’ll give you tree fiddy for it.
You try extended mags to change the grip alignment?
I bought the little things to throw on the bottom of the mags that basically become a pinky rest, haven’t helped at all outside of making reloads easier by having something to grab on the mag

I've only shot the Glock 23 a couple of times. I don't remember it being that small. My wife carries a Sig Sauer P365, now that's a little gun. I personally love the Glock 19 (9MM). Easy to shoot, and accurate.

I've only shot the Glock 23 a couple of times. I don't remember it being that small. My wife carries a Sig Sauer P365, now that's a little gun. I personally love the Glock 19 (9MM). Easy to shoot, and accurate.
The Glock 19 and 23 are identical in size, only difference is caliber.

The Glock 19 and 23 are identical in size, only difference is caliber.

That's what I figured. My 19 is in no way small, I mean maybe if you had giant hands idk... I know the Glock 17 is bigger than the 19...

Man I hate this thing. Tiny but .40 so it’s uncomfortable to shoot compared to 9mm. Hard to stay on target. Slide slices into my thumb. I regret this purchase heavily. Anyone else have a similar experience?
I've never been a fan of .40 but are you sure it's a 23 you have and not a 27?
It's probably the most versatile Glock since you can also shoot 9mm and .357 SIG with the appropriate barrels.

I've never been a fan of .40 but are you sure it's a 23 you have and not a 27?
It's probably the most versatile Glock since you can also shoot 9mm and .357 SIG with the appropriate barrels.
Yeah it’s a Glock 23.

Saw the conversion barrel, wasn’t sure if I had to buy 9mm mags or not
I'd buy a 9mm mag for carrying but the 23 mags will be fine for range use (with the occasional feed issue).

if we're in conversion territory, get a .357 sig barrel, too. 3 calibers for an extra ~$100.

iirc, the .357s and .40 used identical mags and i think the only slight difference was the extractor (which should be fine, anyway)

the .357 sig has vastly superior ballistics to the 9/.40

If I could do it over, with streamlining in mind, I would have bought a Glock 22, a 9mm conversion barrel, a .357 Sig conversion barrel and an Advantage Arms .22lr conversion kit. That's 4 guns with one frame.

.40 has imo become an obsolete round. 9mm or 10mm.

.40 has imo become an obsolete round. 9mm or 10mm.
IMO, there's still enough LE use and support that when the next panic buy comes around and 9mm is nowhere to be found; you might still have a chance of buying some .40 S&W.

$0.02

IMO, there's still enough LE use and support that when the next panic buy comes around and 9mm is nowhere to be found; you might still have a chance of buying some .40 S&W.

$0.02
Agreed. But if you’re waiting for the next panic buying situation to buy ammo, it’s already too late.

Back