The Future of Sony

Can't remember the last Sony product I bought. Probably a CD walkman.

Quit buying Sony(minus the PS console) after they launched that horrid Sony X-Plode car audio line.

I fell for that crap 15 years a go. Spent $5000 on a sony car audio system with tv.

The speakers were pretty ordinary but the sony amp was shit and so was the tv.

Ive been through 3 sony home tv's too. 2 have broken down and the 1 i have now has horrible lag when playing games on my ps3 and ps4. Though the previous one i had was a rear projection tv. It was probably the best tv i ever had. It had no lag when i was playing games and the picture was great, however the optical block failed after only 2 years and it cost over a $1000 to get fixed, so i chucked it.

I like sony , but their products are now over priced crap.

either that or the scrapheap. Nintendo seem to do alright.

WHAT? Nintendo is dying. The WiiU sales are crap, and the gameboy is old tech.

Sony is a financial and an entertainment company. Sony needs to do Panasonic did, and drop all the low end electronics and chase the more complicated higher end items and services.

BTW we may get Sony insurance, not sure yet.

A lot of Japanese companies are at this crossroad. Either continue on it's current path and march into the deep aka go bankrupt, or make some serious changes and try to stay relevant.

How are Sharp and Fujitsu still around? I can't figure it out

Samsung makes Sony screens. I think they make it for a couple of other companies too. I know they do for TCL.

It's not a big deal tho, a lot of different companies use Sony chips in their stuff. Doing that saves them money.

The only Sony products worth buying are those they are unable to hobble with proprietary bullshit. I think the last thing I bought from them was a pair of earbuds.

As far as them going out of business, I wouldn't be surprised if the antiquated "boss is always right even when he's running the company into the ground" mindset which seems to govern most Japanese corporations has a lot to do with their woes (see Nintendo)

The consumer became aware years ago everything Sony is overpriced.

Anyone else get one of these?
sony_mzr700_blue.jpg

I actually loved mine. It was great if you had a great discography. The first few mp3 players had like 32mb hard drives. Wasnt until apple started releasing those gb brick players that I ditched my ipod

WHAT? Nintendo is dying. The WiiU sales are crap, and the gameboy is old tech.

Sony is a financial and an entertainment company. Sony needs to do Panasonic did, and drop all the low end electronics and chase the more complicated higher end items and services.

BTW we may get Sony insurance, not sure yet.

A lot of Japanese companies are at this crossroad. Either continue on it's current path and march into the deep aka go bankrupt, or make some serious changes and try to stay relevant.

How are Sharp and Fujitsu still around? I can't figure it out

Nintendos sales are shit right now but the company was insanely profitable for like 25 years straight.

I bought a Sony Z1 a couple of months back. Imo overall its better than Samsung S4. I like their screens better too.

Other than PS2/3/4 I dont own/will own any sony products anymore. They peaked probably around late 90s and now they are just overpriced. you can find something better in every facet of their business for a cheaper price other than video game consoles

sony_mzr700_blue.jpg

I actually loved mine. It was great if you had a great discography. The first few mp3 players had like 32mb hard drives. Wasnt until apple started releasing those gb brick players that I ditched my ipod

I'm that guy that thought it would be a good idea to get one of these over the ipod.

I'm that guy that thought it would be a good idea to get one of these over the ipod.

I had a Zune....

sony_mzr700_blue.jpg

First MP3 player I ever owned. I loved mine too. It was black and silver and looked so much sleeker than the first ipods.

Sony still has a lot of innovative products aside from the superior gaming console there's the little circular lens attachments that go over the phone to turn it into a DSLR camera, they made waterproof phones wll before Samsung, headphone amp that enhances non hi-res music, the flip PC, etc. Sad that nobody know about it due to poor marketing and people being so ingrained in the Apple cult.

Sony is the majority owner of the company I work for.

we've been killing it in the digital gaming industry & still are day by day.

How does a company like Sony, with the history it has, with the know-how to make the things they did make, end up like it is today when a stupid search engine like Google can become what it is now?

Back