The future of finishes

So, when the winner is declared do armed guards come out to restrain the loser while the victor ponders his fate? Or will the loser have the opportunity to pull a Maximus from Gladiator and inflict a mortal wound on the winner if not killed immediately? Are we imagining a situation where the winner can cut a promo and force any cage side spouses to beg for the lives of their partners, or their kids even? Do the announcers or judges use a thumbs up/thumbs down system to indicate support or dissent for a killing? Will Dana white be sitting on a massive throne suspended over the cage that he can manipulate to release burning hot oil (sponsored by cresco) on the octagon if the boos become too loud? I’m fascinated by this concept, I think we have something substantial here,

So I just had a vision of the future of MMA:

It should be legal to kill your opponent. When the fights ends the ref just tells the winner that he's won. He doesn't separate the fighters at this point. Now the winner can do what he wants. If he's a good guy, he spares his opponent. If he wants to fuckin kill him, he can do that too.

This will be much better for drama. The crowds will love the killing and they will love the gentlemen who spare their opponents. The death of a beloved fighter will be a great tragedy.

Dana is probably connected allegedly so he can get the legal stuff worked out. This is also kinda like they did it in Rome so there's precedent.

Thank you for your time

PS the winner should also get the loser's remains so they can stuff them or build a skull wall or whatever DS

EDIT: Decisions would stay the same though I guess (since the loser can't be expected to just sit there and let the winner kill them) so they would still suck
I think we'd need to rename the sport though.

Maybe... Mortal Kombat?

So, when the winner is declared do armed guards come out to restrain the loser while the victor ponders his fate?
The way I see it in my head, the referees step in like they do now, then immediately step back once they've delivered the decision. Then the winner gets like a victory lap where he can hold the RNC for another couple minutes or do some post-KO ground and pound or whatever... During this time there's still only three people in the cage.

I guess you could step away and taunt the spouse but then the other guy might recover and... but the fight is already settled so... Hmmm tricky situation

Bryce mitchell could field dress his opponents and turn them into jerky

Almost everyone has some losses, so you'd just end up with people dying young, so then no one gets that good. All martial arts will be worse.

Back