The future for Daniel Cormier? A very interesting question.

Shoryukennn

White Belt
Reaction score
Its easy to forget, we are talking about a guy who is easily conceivable as a top 5 heavyweight on the planet.

DissectMMA_Cormier_GIF.gif

He wants jon jones or frank mir. obviously he first has to get past his last SF fight.

How do you see things playing out for this guy?

He is unlikely to fight cain, but presumably, training so closely with him, wont be rooting for someone to beat him, to get a shot at the title.

He could conceivably eat up a lot of the competition at heavyweight, or diet down and embrace the freedom of light heavyweight. He got really ill before tho, so thats gotta be a worry.

Obviously, he is basically a ufc fighter at this point as the SF hw division is literally just him. So please dont fuck me for putting this here.

After kidney failure the dude will not start weight cutting again at 33. Not sure why people think he would.

I think will great at HW though. I'd like to see him fight a really good HW striker and see how he reacts to getting hit hard in the face. Some wrestlers don't handle that so well..

After kidney failure the dude will not start weight cutting again at 33. Not sure why people think he would.

I think will great at HW though. I'd like to see him fight a really good HW striker and see how he reacts to getting hit hard in the face. Some wrestlers don't handle that so well..

Probably because he said he could and wold cut to LHW.

I don't think he should, but he has stated numerous times that he can.

I say give him Mir and see what happens. Mir is still a legit challange in the HW division. If he rolls through him than you can look at title pictures at LHW or HW but if he looses than its clear he isnt ready.

i dont wanna see mir lose again til hes on a 2 or 3 win streak.

cormier vs. overeem
cormier vs. JDS

entertainment wise

cormier vs. carwin
cormier vs. nelson

all good fights

JDS. Cormier doesn't have the size or cardio to do what Cain did.

Wait, what??

An elite wrestler who doesn't have cardio?

Do your homework and watch his fight against Babyface and then please tell me how many HW-fights you have seen who had this pace over 5 rounds!

He showed better cardio against Barnett than Cain did against JDS. Not to mention hes a better wrestler than Cain

His fight with Barnett was mostly in the feet and at a much slower pace.

And I didn't say he had bad cardio, just not Cain cardio. And it's yet to be seen if he's a better striker than Cain. Cain's faced much stiffer competition than Cormier has.

And I didn't say he had bad cardio, just not Cain cardio. And it's yet to be seen if he's a better striker than Cain. Cain's faced much stiffer competition than Cormier has.
Cain and JDS gassed bfore the 3rd round was over meanwhile Cormiers was picking Barnett up over his head and slamming him down in round 4. Cains cardio is a myth to me. He gassed hard against JDS. Id take Cormiers cardio all day over Cains

Outside of JDS there competition has been similar

Cain and JDS gassed bfore the 3rd round was over meanwhile Cormiers was picking Barnett up over his head and slamming him down in round 4. Cains cardio is a myth to me. He gassed hard against JDS. Id take Cormiers cardio all day over Cains

Cain's godlike cardio is a myth, but still. From opening bell he spammed takedowns over and over again while JDS shrugged off one after the other and fought to stand up from the ones he couldn't. Cormier went for 7 takedowns in that fight while Cain went for 33 in his fight with JDS. Cain/JDS 2 was a much more intensive pace.

but he has heavier hands and a much better chin. It'd be interesting.

It'd be interesting for sure, but he hasn't been hit like Can has. He may not have a better chin at all.

Back