The future for Daniel Cormier? A very interesting question.

I don't think he should, but he has stated numerous times that he can.

I'd agree but if he does it will probably help his career just because he gives up so much reach and height to most HWs. Also, he's already said (and vice versa) that he won't fight Cain which sort of limits his options at HW.

After screwing up his kidneys before though that doesn't seem like a good idea, really hard on the body.

After kidney failure the dude will not start weight cutting again at 33. Not sure why people think he would.

I think will great at HW though. I'd like to see him fight a really good HW striker and see how he reacts to getting hit hard in the face. Some wrestlers don't handle that so well..

He said he would.

Also dude is small enough that he could diet down to the point where he wouldn't need to cut much to make 205.

he'll probably wait and see if cain loses. if not, he might fight cain.

it depends. will he be fighting with a broken hand, or not?

He might, he's broken it 3 times already. JDS ain't exactly easy to put away either.

JDS. Cormier doesn't have the size or cardio to do what Cain did.

8.gif

This was in the third round.
Plus, you can bet Cormier would have been more efficient with his take down percentage than Cain was.

As long as his kidneys don't fail I would have my money on him to take out Jones.

Cormier x JDS would be amazing... BTW, he wont fight Cain Velasquez, so if he keeps the HW belt, i think Daniel Cormier will go to the LHW. Both divisions has a lot of good fights for him..

8.gif

Plus, you can bet Cormier would have been more efficient with his take down percentage than Cain was.

That fight isn't even close to the pace that Cain/JDS 2 was at. Just because it went 5 rounds doesn't mean they're all of the sudden equal fights.

That fight isn't even close to the pace that Cain/JDS 2 was at. Just because it went 5 rounds doesn't mean they're all of the sudden equal fights.

Yes and part of having enough cardio is setting a pace that you can maintain for the entire fight.

8.gif

Oh man, and he is doing this against Barnett, who has a good wrestling... that's amazing... this guy is 10-0, i am very excited about his UFC debut...

Yes and part of having enough cardio is setting a pace that you can maintain for the entire fight.

So if Cormeir isn't in JDS face constantly pushing the pace like Cain did, what's to stop JDS from KO'ing him like he's done to numerous other HW's? He'd still be at a tremendous height and reach disadvantage and JDS still has amazing TDD.

Fuck JDS vs Cormier, we know what that looks like already.

Either Cormier comes down to 205 or Jones moves up and faces Cormier @ HW. Im bustin nuts either way. Cormier wins regardless of weight, fuck it ill gamble.

Its easy to forget, we are talking about a guy who is easily conceivable as a top 5 heavyweight on the planet.

DissectMMA_Cormier_GIF.gif

He wants jon jones or frank mir. obviously he first has to get past his last SF fight.

How do you see things playing out for this guy?

He is unlikely to fight cain, but presumably, training so closely with him, wont be rooting for someone to beat him, to get a shot at the title.

He could conceivably eat up a lot of the competition at heavyweight, or diet down and embrace the freedom of light heavyweight. He got really ill before tho, so thats gotta be a worry.

Obviously, he is basically a ufc fighter at this point as the SF hw division is literally just him. So please dont fuck me for putting this here.

amazing hands for a wrestler

I think he can make 205 with some dietary changes, he has that much more of an advantage is he goes down in weight, because if his skills, he can hang and beat a lot of heavies but I think he would be even better at 205.

Beast mode on. :icon_chee If he works on his stamina and footwork watch out he will be a tough guy to defeat.

Dana already asked him at 155. He said he wasn't sure yet, so don't make any statements to the press. Likely, he will have a talk with Cain and see whether or not they can fight one another without creating animosity within the team. If not, he will cut to 205 and fight Jones. Either way, Cormier is likely to be fighting someone for a title before 2014

Back