The French National Anthem is savage

You ever heard of Napoleon? The French used to be very strong and had to be ganged up on to be beaten.

The French were actually very strong in WW2 as well they just got outflanked pretty seriously.

I can swear that I have not heard of a national song with so much text and to demand that a compatriot stand and sing such a long?

Isn't the point of national songs themselves to be easy to learn and have the right choruses so that people can sing along even though they have not learned it?

You never had to learn all four verses to the Star Spangled Banner in grade school? As with the Star Spangled Banner, not all the verses of the Marsellais are sung.

O say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight
O'er the ramparts we watch'd were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bomb bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there,
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream,
'Tis the star-spangled banner - O long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footstep's pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O thus be it ever when freemen shall stand
Between their lov'd home and the war's desolation!
Blest with vict'ry and peace may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the power that hath made and preserv'd us a nation! T
hen conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto - "In God is our trust,"
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave

The US national anthem needs a reboot. Trump should get right on it before the medal ceremonies in Tokyo 2020. I propose the following:

It's early morning, the sun comes out
Last night was shaking and pretty loud
My cat is purring, it scratches my skin
So what is wrong with another sin?
The bitch is hungry, she needs to tell
So give her inches and feed her well
More days to come, new places to go
I've got to leave, it's time for a show
Here I am
Rock you like a hurricane
Here I am
Rock you like a hurricane
My body is burning, it starts to shout
Desire is coming, it breaks out loud
Lust is in cages 'til storm breaks loose
Just have to make it with someone I choose
The night is calling, I have to go
The wolf is hungry, he runs the show
He's licking his lips, he's ready to win
On the hunt tonight for love at first sting
Here I am
Rock you like a hurricane (are you ready, baby?)
Here I am
Rock you…

Yep! He defeated superior numbers in over 50 of his major battles too. Solid candidate for GOAT general in world history, and a surprisingly excellent philosopher-of-bureaucracy.

I was watching a movie on Jack Johnson, the old black boxing champion. Unforgivable Blackness probably. There was something about the guy's personality I liked instantly and Napoleon was on my mind while watching this. I don't know why. But near the end of the movie it is mentioned that Napoleon was one of Johnson's idols.

I have this talent where I can easily pick up a person's influences quite quickly. Often from being influenced by the people myself. I can tell for example that Bruce Lee, Malcolm X and Muhammad Ali all read Napoleon Hill for example. While we are on the subject of Napoleons. I have never researched for confirmation that they have read him but they have quotes that are his or paraphrases of his and often attributed to Ali, Lee, etc. Ken Norton also credited Napoleon Hill for beating Ali. Napoleon Hill was a self help author. Exactly the kind of guy somebody like Malcolm X would read while in prison.

Yep! He defeated superior numbers in over 50 of his major battles too. Solid candidate for GOAT general in world history, and a surprisingly excellent philosopher-of-bureaucracy.

Napoleon was tactically brilliant but strategically inept... every one of his campaigns eventually ended in failure.

He was also a real prick and a liar.

Napoleon is the poster child for the Peter principle. He was a brilliant battle commander but a shit emperor and was nowhere near the benevolent dictator he liked to style himself as.

I think it could be reasonably argued Napoleon's leadership cost the country the opportunity to be the global hegemon for the 1800s and potentially 1900s.

Last edited:
The French were actually very strong in WW2 as well they just got outflanked pretty seriously.

Not to mention how brutal the Nazi retaliations to French Resistance activity. I was at the WW2 museum and they had some French Resistence artifacts that were really cool.

Fun fact, New Orleans plotted to send an ex pirate to rescue Napoleon and bring him here on a schooner said to be the fasted in the world but he died days before departure.

Hell the Frenchmen here caused the first rebellion on US soil against the Spanish which resulted in Spain sending an Irish Don to put them in their place.

He captured the Six Frenchmen responsible (one died by bayonet wound before execution) and 250 feet from where I'm sitting now he had them executed. He offered them blindfolds and they refused, he even offered to pardon the youngest, the nephew of Jean Baptiste Le Moyne, Sieur de Beinville (the founder of the city) and he refused. Saying he "fought with his comrades he will die with his comrades"

Even after, 100 feet from my seat, Countless duels took place between Frenchmen. A slight offense led to a slap in the face and a pull of a swordcane. For death is a better fate than an affront to ones honor.

I mean the US heavily relied on the French Armada to save them in the revolution.

A lot of anti French sentiment is due to them being smarter than Americans and not falling for the Iraq War lies. "Muh freedom fries"

French history is one of elegant violence.

It's dumb, but by the standards of most Americans it's way better than ours. I think a people who can't help but define themselves by their violence should just skip the bullshit and go straight to idealizing their penises.

Our dicks are so big
but still you give our women syphilis
Why do our women fuck your men
this makes me feel bad
If I kill you I might feel better
about my dick
But I'll also get PTSD
I choose the dick!

It's dumb, but by the standards of most Americans it's way better than ours. I think a people who can't help but define themselves by their violence should just skip the bullshit and go straight to idealizing their penises.

Our dicks are so big
but still you give our women syphilis
Why do our women fuck your men
this makes me feel bad
If I kill you I might feel better
about my dick
But I'll also get PTSD
I choose the dick!

Eh. France was always in a state of perpetual warfare and while the US in her infancy has been as well, outside of the Revolution, War of 1812, and Civil War we haven't faced a threat on our own soil where fighting and dying for your country has much greater consequences.

This thread is loaded with traitors that directly or indirectly support tyranny. These same people attack anyone that does try to protect and defend their country. They willingly hand their country over to globalists, the Epstein types.

I've never seen so much cognitive dissonance in my life.

No one cares what you think.

This thread is loaded with traitors that directly or indirectly support tyranny. These same people attack anyone that does try to protect and defend their country. They willingly hand their country over to globalists, the Epstein types.

I've never seen so much cognitive dissonance in my life.
Are you lost grandpa?

Napoleon was tactically brilliant but strategically inept... every one of his campaigns eventually ended in failure.

He was also a real prick and a liar.

Napoleon is the poster child for the Peter principle. He was a brilliant battle commander but a shit emperor and was nowhere near the benevolent dictator he liked to style himself as.

I think it could be reasonably argued Napoleon's leadership cost the country the opportunity to be the global hegemon for the 1800s and potentially 1900s.

My shelf is full of historians who would laugh loudly at this post. Who do you read? Even Toynbee wouldn’t accuse Napoleon of being an example of the Peter Principle.

I honestly have no idea who you could be reading that put ideas like that in your head, but I would recommend literally anybody else.

The French should heed the wisdom of their own anthem

Eh. France was always in a state of perpetual warfare and while the US in her infancy has been as well, outside of the Revolution, War of 1812, and Civil War we haven't faced a threat on our own soil where fighting and dying for your country has much greater consequences.
That's a fair point but there comes a time to put the glory of barbarism away in a museum.

Savage words but Freddie Mercury sang about lusting after women with big asses.

*shrug*

My shelf is full of historians who would laugh loudly at this post. Who do you read? Even Toynbee wouldn’t accuse Napoleon of being an example of the Peter Principle.

I honestly have no idea who you could be reading that put ideas like that in your head, but I would recommend literally anybody else.

Every major campaign led by Napoleon ended in disaster... what have you been reading? I think it could be fairly argued he was clearly the best military commander of the period on the field especially prior to 1807-1808.. but in terms of being a competent emperor, I think not.

Winning battles doesn't mean much when you lose every war you're involved in while racking up insane numbers of casualties. He was an asshole to his allies and every territory he conquered broke out in rebellion almost immediately after the French army left.

He lied constantly to his troops and the French people for the sake of his own hubris and they paid the price with hundreds of thousands of their lives for literally no practical gain. All told the French lost a greater percentage of their population in the Napoleonic Wars than they did in WWI and WWII combined.. and they gained nothing for it.

Last edited:
He is considered one of the greatest commanders in history, and his wars and campaigns are studied at military schools worldwide.

He is of the most elite military minds including people like Frederick the Great. Get the fuck outta here.

That’s true, but I’ve read that a big part of Napoleon’s success was that he had a massive, conscripted army, and was engaging mostly smaller, private armies. It’s my understanding that in Europe at that time wars were typically fought between small, private armies, not massive, national armies like the ones Napoleonic France was raising.

Every major campaign led by Napoleon ended in disaster... what have you been reading? I think it could be fairly argued he was clearly the best military commander of the period on the field especially prior to 1807-1808.

Winning battles doesn't mean much when you lose every war you're involved in while racking up insane numbers of casualties. He was an asshole to his allies and every territory he conquered broke out in rebellion almost immediately after the French army left.

He lied constantly to his troops and the French people for the sake of his own hubris and they paid the price with hundreds of thousands of their lives for literally no practical gain. All told the French lost a greater percentage of their population in the Napoleonic Wars than they did in WWI and WWII combined.. and they gained nothing for it.

Napoleon's influence on the modern world brought liberal reforms to the numerous territories that he conquered and controlled, such as the Low Countries, Switzerland, and large parts of modern Italy and Germany. He implemented fundamental liberal policies in France and throughout Western Europe. His Napoleonic Code has influenced the legal systems of more than 70 nations around the world. British historian Andrew Roberts states: "The ideas that underpin our modern world—meritocracy, equality before the law, property rights, religious toleration, modern secular education, sound finances, and so on—were championed, consolidated, codified and geographically extended by Napoleon. To them he added a rational and efficient local administration, an end to rural banditry, the encouragement of science and the arts, the abolition of feudalism and the greatest codification of laws since the fall of the Roman Empire".[6]

Back