• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The first sub that got you?

lucvanlierde

Blue Belt
Reaction score
im going to my first submission wrestling class on monday....just wondering what sub first got you to tap out? RNC? Leg Triangle? Gillotine??

Discuss.

Guillotine chokes, armbars, shoulder locks, neck cranks, leg locks, triangles, and about 50 rear naked chokes... Ha ha

I was a pure wrestler that gave up his back. Got RNC pretty quick.

This is really humiliatng but oh well. I got achilles locked by a 13 year old boy the first night. :icon_sad:

guillotine was the first one i got

i got caught with an armbar

rear naked choke, sparing mate didnt see me tap the 1st time :(

no one's caught me yet, neither my little bro or any of his friends.. lmao

Ahhhh, man. I learned really quick what it felt like to nearly go out from a rear naked choke and that's why I will never give up my back in a fight.

remember, on bottom, close your guard and pace yourself, guarding your position.. same on top, but remember to keep your hands/elbows/arms and head tucked together at your chest to avoid most attempts, talking on the phone, crossing your legs to avoid passes and chokes, that's all i got, i'm a complete amateur but me, my brother and my best friend have "trained" 3x a week for about a year or so now

Skidz said:
This is really humiliatng but oh well. I got achilles locked by a 13 year old boy the first night. :icon_sad:

LMAO.....its cool you admitted it though.....im the same way.....ill admit my downfalls.....id say the easiest sub to get get caught in for a beginner is the guillotine choke......or an RNC......but im no expert by any means.......every time my girl tries to wrestle me i love to put her in an armbar....

First day of class we started from the ground and I was submitted by a blue belt in 20 seconds via deep ass triangle and learned later the most basic move of what not to do. This will help you out, If youre in someones guard never have one arm in and one arm out always two in or two out, youll find out what that means.

Back