The First of Its Kind

This one's kind of hilarious. You ever wonder, "Who are these idiots that are drawing dick pics in bathroom stalls?" Well it's been happening for millennia! Archaeologist came across the oldest erotic graffiti to date in Greece. It is a carving of a penis:

Erotic-graffiti-on-Aegean-009.jpg

But it gets better. There was also an inscription. It translates: "Nikasitimos was here mounting Timiona (Νικασίτιμος οἶφε Τιμίονα)."

Both of those are men's names :) Maybe it was the ancient equivalent of a truck stop.

Last edited:
Here is another one I found based off UFO research. There is a famous USO incident called Utsuro Buno in Japan. Basically it says a woman washed ashore in a submersible craft in 1803 that looked like this:

Utsuro-bune.jpg

It made me wonder what the oldest submarine is. In 1620 Cornelius Jacobszoon Drebbel, a man with apparently balls of pure steel, was exploring underwater in this:

TurtleSubmarine.jpg

I'm not saying the two incidences are in anyway related, but I think it is interesting that both craft have a uniquely acorn shaped.

So what was the first post on Sherdog?
And the first person banned? Would like to see what he was banned for.

Americas first serial killer (and probably most prolific): H.H. Holmes:

H._H._Holmes.jpg

The guy made a hotel with the sole intention of murder. He made rooms that murdered in different ways such as gas or trap doors. Then he removed their flesh and sold their bones to universities. 9 murders were confirmed, but historians estimate he killed as many as 200.

Edit: Other posters found earlier American Serial killers.

Last edited:

H._H._Holmes.jpg

The guy made a hotel with the sole intention of murder. He made rooms that murdered in different ways such as gas or trap doors. Then he removed their flesh and sold their bones to universities. 9 murders were confirmed, but historians estimate he killed as many as 200.

1. How much money can you make selling bones to universities?
  2. Who was the first person to have bones?

First stand-up comedien had to have been a guy who farts on command. Still funny and with no language what else are cave-dudes supposed to laugh at?
You know that dude was pantomiming like a mofo. Homo heidelbergies throw spears like this, you ever notice how desdinovans sow like this etc…
So what was the first post on Sherdog?
And the first person banned? Would like to see what he was banned for.
The first post was an ignorant post in the newly created heavies that shat upon a top fighter, denigrated women, and referenced some obscure conspiracy the post ended with ass floss pic.
The ensuing rustle sent an echo through the net that resulted in sheepdogs volatile birth.

Oldest footage of a Muay Thai Fight from 1920s:

First documentary. Every wannanbe Ken Burns owes a debt to this guy.

The first laptop computer actually came out in 1981, the year I was born. It was called the Osborne 1:

640px-Osborne_1_open.jpg

osborne-1-side.jpg

It might better be described as a portable computer as it was too unwieldy to have in one's lap. Complaints included the too small screen and lack of storage space, but people that just needed it for typing stuff found it to be a very cost effective computer.

90898dc193d2ddf2949a55b66b628ffb.jpg

Clint Benedict with the first goalie mask.

Without whom there would be no this...

hockey.jpg

Yeah Jason would have had a hard time being taken seriously with that retard face he was sporting.

This one's kind of hilarious. You ever wonder, "Who are these idiots that are drawing dick pics in bathroom stalls?" Well it's been happening for millennia! Archaeologist came across the oldest erotic graffiti to date in Greece. It is a carving of a penis:

Erotic-graffiti-on-Aegean-009.jpg

But it gets better. There was also an inscription. It translates: "Nikasitimos was here mounting Timiona (Νικασίτιμος οἶφε Τιμίονα)."

Both of those are men's names :) Maybe it was the ancient equivalent of a truck stop.

The Greeks actually invented homosexuality.

H._H._Holmes.jpg

Not true.

Look into the 'Bloody Benders'

Tho they may have been pre Revo war I'm not sure.

This miserable little punk was a robber and a pickpocket:

_88075508_mugshot.jpg

He is also possibly the first person to ever be posed for a mugshot. The year was 1857.

Not true.

Look into the 'Bloody Benders'

Tho they may have been pre Revo war I'm not sure.

Shit, I mixed up the Benders with the 'Harpe' brothers known as 'Big' and 'Little' Harpe.

Look into it, dudes were murking people for years just before the Revolutionary War and after.

I was looking for the oldest action photo of a boxing match. I haven't found it yet, but I did stumble on this badass photo of a couple of fighters who had a brutal war. The fighters are Ray Campbell and Dick Hyland. The year is 1913. There is color because the photo was restored to bring out this awesome image. Clearly both corners think their fighter won. But Ray Campbell (who I believe is on the right) was awarded the victory.

BRGMf85CYAAvjjs.jpg

Back