• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Final Test

I wanted your opinion on these ME rotations if you wouldn't mind:

Lower: Deficit Deadlift, Front Squat, Block/Rack Pull, Pin Squat (Set at parallel/an inch below), Conventional Deadlift, Back Squat

Upper: Incline Bench, Floor Press, Close-grip Bench, Slingshot Bench, Close-grip Incline, Flat Bench

Too many exercises? Not enough? I've only been rotating 4 exercises up to this point.

I don't have access to boards/chains/band setup at the moment and conjugate training has been going well but I'm just not sure what exercises I should be rotating. I'm not always hitting singles on ME day, sometimes 2RM or 3RM, I'm doing speed pulls every other week on DE squat day (If I didn't pull ME that week), and I'm doing RE Bench instead of DE Bench because I haven't been able to maintain good form while speed benching.

I wanted your opinion on these ME rotations if you wouldn't mind:

Lower: Deficit Deadlift, Front Squat, Block/Rack Pull, Pin Squat (Set at parallel/an inch below), Conventional Deadlift, Back Squat

Upper: Incline Bench, Floor Press, Close-grip Bench, Slingshot Bench, Close-grip Incline, Flat Bench

Too many exercises? Not enough? I've only been rotating 4 exercises up to this point.

I don't have access to boards/chains/band setup at the moment and conjugate training has been going well but I'm just not sure what exercises I should be rotating. I'm not always hitting singles on ME day, sometimes 2RM or 3RM, I'm doing speed pulls every other week on DE squat day (If I didn't pull ME that week), and I'm doing RE Bench instead of DE Bench because I haven't been able to maintain good form while speed benching.

Hard to say without knowing where you stick at or where you are particularly weak.

Conditioning:
Power Snatch + Overhead Squat:
95x3 up to
186x3 (ten pound jumps)

Bear Complex:
146x5x10

Drop Snatch:
45x2
up to
186x2
(ten pound jumps)

Sorry should have put that.

Squat: Out of the hole I GM when the weight is heavy, working on upper back/core strength.
Bench: An inch or two off the chest.
Deadlift: Lockout.

IIRC, he was moving to Florida, you know ? Where everyone old goes. Then sandy hit,and I'm assuming he's now fighting Giant rats just to get out of the city.

That's my theory.

Oh, you know, out and about.

:)

Out for a while because of the storm and shit. Spending some time working on rehab and conditioning, so no workouts worthy of tracking.

What is this vcash shit?

no clue, something about betting on sports and shit...

But glad to see you're back! How was camp! (referencing your comment from the Pit)

Sorry to bother you with questions so early in your return but I thought of you the moment my friend told me she was doing 1/4 squats "for power" as a superset to her deep squats. I believe her rep range was 3X6 and she said she felt pretty close to ME on all lifts...

She is a pole-vaulter. Sprinters sometimes add a 1/2 squat, but 1/4 squat? Any benefit to this?

Sorry to bother you with questions so early in your return but I thought of you the moment my friend told me she was doing 1/4 squats "for power" as a superset to her deep squats. I believe her rep range was 3X6 and she said she felt pretty close to ME on all lifts...

She is a pole-vaulter. Sprinters sometimes add a 1/2 squat, but 1/4 squat?

Trying to turn squatting into something jump-specific (i.e., the jump for a pole vault is never more than a quarter squat, if that (really, more of a lunge than anything else). A case of failing to understand the lack of transfer of non-specific mechanics.

No real point.

Welcome back, Arlecchino. Hope you got through the storm unscathed.

Trying to turn squatting into something jump-specific (i.e., the jump for a pole vault is never more than a quarter squat, if that (really, more of a lunge than anything else). A case of failing to understand the lack of transfer of non-specific mechanics.

No real point.

I figured as much! Thanks great to see you back!

Good to see Arlecc let Legio out of his sex dungeon and they're both out of the darkness and back into daylight.

All kidding aside glad you made it through superbitch Sandy ok.

vCash is like golf, you want the lowest total possible. :p

That was quicker than i thought it would be

It's good to see this log on the first page.

Back