• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The fight should have been a clear TKO not a Doctor stoppage

It doesn’t matter. Apparently it does to Conor (and maybe gamblers) but no one else cares.

Do you actually care, TS? Or are you falling for Conor’s drama?

when they both threw and missed.... If dustin had made any contact at all an dthen he fell back onto the leg. Id agree. But he didnt.

It wasn't a doctor stoppage. The round ended, Herb asked Conor to go to his corner and Conor showed the broken bone. To be a doctor stoppage, Herb should have to stop the action and call the doctor, who then after assessing the fighter condition, indicate that he can't continue.
It doesn´t matter, really.

Incorrect, Conor tripped over his own foot. It was a freak injury.

Incorrect, it broke before he stepped back on it. The snap initially happened on the punch exchange.

Except he didn’t stop it. The round ended.
Yeah, this is the difference.

Since the round ended, the doctor got the opportunity to step in and make his decision.

Of course Herb didn't see the leg break when it happened. Most of us didn't see it when it happened. Even the commentators didn't see the leg break when it happened.

Fight outcomes can be decided by mere moments unfortunately.

Think back to Jon Jones vs Chael Sonnen. If Sonnen could have defended himself a little and hung on til the end of the round, he would have been declared the winner of that fight by doctor stoppage, because there's no way the doctor or ref would have allowed the fight to continue while Jones' big toe was hanging on by a little bit of flesh!

Did I say it did?

You asked "Does this even really matter?"
And I said "yes to Conor fans".

You tried to make an argument but the point of my previous post still stands.

Lol, who is counting this as a win? Even if there's someone out there, it's a small minority.

A doctor's stoppage is a TKO.

You tried to make an argument but the point of my previous post still stands.

No I did not.
I never argued against your point.
If you think me saying " To Conor fans" is an argument against it being a TKO I dont know what to tell you..

If there was like 30 seconds more to the round it would likely end in a TKO punches but really who cares. Dustin got his win, Conor got his asterisk that it wasn't a real tko. Changes nuting

Incorrect, Conor tripped over his own foot. It was a freak injury.

That foot roll had all the hallmarks of a numbing...the same kind that occurs when calf kicks hit the nerve that causes pins and needles Conors isn't a conditioned kicker like s thai guy or even Dustin Maybe his own kicking caused the foot to go numb but watch it again he rolls it as if he can't feel his foot

I don't buy this was freakish or accidental

No I did not.
I never argued against your point.
If you think me saying " To Conor fans" is an argument against it being a TKO I dont know what to tell you..

Christ, bro...

I'm not talking about that.

When I posted:
Lol, who is counting this as a win? Even if there's someone out there, it's a small minority.

And you posted:
Have you met Conor fans?
Just look at this forum....

You're literally arguing my point here.

Herb dean didnt noticied the break, Dustin was still pounding conor on the ground then seeing conor dont respond anymore Dean stopped the fight

Everybody noticied afterward that an injury happened

I'm really tired of Conor having so many "special treatment"

He got KOed and TKOed thats all
Nah, doctors stoppage is fair. Connor upsets you, it's okay.

Christ, bro...

I'm not talking about that one. When I posted:

And you posted:

You're literally arguing my point here.

What the thread about? TKO / Doctors stoppage..
and you go all out on minority and feel the need to argue that?
And with out clarifying what you are talking about...

Derp

What the thread about? TKO / Doctors stoppage..
and you go all out on minority and feel the need to argue that?
And with out clarifying what you are talking about...

Derp

You're completely lost to the point where you're having a conversation with yourself at this point.

My first post was relevant to the OP.

The rest of my posts was relevant to our discussion.

Derp.

Does it matter in any betting scenario?

Nope because when the doctor stops it, it's ruled as a TKO anyway.

So if you bet for Dustin to win by stoppage or KO/TKO you're still gonna win.

The round ended but we all saw what happened before the tibia giving way.

Who cares - McGregor lost by anyway u want to call it ( except ko).

Back