• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Heart scare or anxiety

Probably not cardiac related. Most likely stress, precordial, or low potassium. 99% of the chest pain patients I have had aren't having heart attacks, they come in overnight and when the cardiologist sees them in the morning they get cleared after a stress test and echo and trended labs, oh and a big old bill. Do you get fatigued easily or have cardiac issues running in your family? Does the pain come with the sweats and nausea, or general feeling of unwellness? If no you are probably not in any real trouble. If you want to push the issue and your doc is unwilling to budge then get another opinion. Odds are you are fine though.

I have chest pains frequently. I stress a lot though, and have a stressful job on top of it.

I've gone to several doctors and they just give me an EKG and then be everything's fine, so I don't even go to the doctor when it flairs up anymore.

I do carry a bottle of aspirin with me for when it gets really bad. Just in case it's really a heart attack this time.

Maybe panic attack?
I don't get panic attacks. I do have 10 different things on my mind at all times though. Things I feel will have a substantial positive or negative affect on my life and feel somewhat powerless over the outcome, though. For me like the worst feeling ever

I don't get panic attacks. I do have 10 different things on my mind at all times though. Things I feel will have a substantial positive or negative affect on my life and feel somewhat powerless over the outcome, though. For me like the worst feeling ever
they are probably are panic attacks from your anxieties

The doctors people see on this forum are hilarious.

What kind of doctor has a patient complaining about possible heart related issues and then just says nah you’re probably good bro. We don’t have to do any tests like an EKG that would take 5 minutes.

That would suck. Hope you get to the bottom of what is causing the heart pains.

This isn't going to be helpful but I know a vet with what sounds like similar heart pains. Across the street from him lives a cardiologist. I know that the two of them have tried to figure out what is causing the heart pains. As far as I know, no answer has been found.

If you are someone willing to try different dietary ideas you might try avoiding all grains to see if that helps. I can remember in the past visiting a cardiologist blog sight and him saying patients sometimes found heart pain relief when avoiding grains.

I read a book by a gynecologist of all medical professions who wrote on the benefits he saw in patients who avoided dairy products and added unrefined sea salt to their diets. He claimed the diet change was curing patients angina heart pains. He felt it was due to dairy products being to high in calcium and that we were harming our selves by consuming to much calcium. the unrefined sea salt was a source of minerals outside of calcium. The book ~

The Calcium Lie II: What Your Doctor Still Doesn't Know​

If you believe that bones are made of calcium, you have subscribed to The Calcium Lie. You’re not alone. Most consumers and, surprisingly, most doctors, believe that bones are made of calcium. Yet any basic biochemistry textbook will tell you the truth: Bones are made of at least a dozen minerals and we need all of them in perfect proportions in order to have healthy bones and healthy bodies. If you get too much calcium, through food sources or by taking supplements, you set yourself up for an array of negative health consequences, including obesity, Type 2 diabetes, Type 2 hypothyroidism, hypertension, depression, problem pregnancies and more. This is the second edition of the calcium Lie, updated, expanded and with greater in-depth explanation of the medical problems that can be caused by mineral imbalances and solid strategies to correct them. This book gives you all the information you need to stay healthy and to regain your health if you or your doctor have been duped by The Calcium Lie.

How’s your stomach? Very bad acid reflux issues can also manifest similarly to cardiac events.
Likewise something as simple as straining muscles or cartilage in the chest area can cause odd sharp pains.

I agree with what others said: a stress test and EKG would be good to do, along with some blood work maybe.
But like I said earlier, sharp chest pains are usually not heart related,

I went to the doctor about it and he completely dismissed the notion of there possibly being anything wrong with my heart despite my former lifestyle.

Your doctor is an idiot. Have an ECG, could save your life.

I would say I'm far from whacked out mentally bro. I work a mentally very demanding job that an idiot would be unable to do and have already earned a promotion in the short time I've been there.

I too had all this done around 6 or 7 years ago for a very similar issue. Just back then it was very infrequent and very sudden and intense. Now it's more of an all day lingering kind of thing versus 2 or 3 times a week and extremely painful

Could be pericarditus, I've had pericarditus a few times. Fucking hurts like shit. Especially lying down. Ibuprofen sorts it out. It's a swelling on the air sachs around your heart.

Definitely get a second opinion.

Try eliminating or reducing caffeine. I had similar chest pains and they went away when I cut back on the caffeine.

Try eliminating or reducing caffeine. I had similar chest pains and they went away when I cut back on the caffeine.
I do consume a lot of caffeine. Like a lot a lot. I also smoke ( I know I know) and I'd say like 90% of the time the pain occurs while inhaling. Maybe it's just a sign my body is slowing down and I can't keep redlining any more. But when I saw a doctor for this same issue like 6 or 7 years ago he said it was a strain to cartilage in between my ribs. Had every test done you can do. So I really don't know any more. It went away completely for years and suddenly is back. The doctor I originally saw for this retired

I do consume a lot of caffeine. Like a lot a lot. I also smoke ( I know I know) and I'd say like 90% of the time the pain occurs while inhaling. Maybe it's just a sign my body is slowing down and I can't keep redlining any more. But when I saw a doctor for this same issue like 6 or 7 years ago he said it was a strain to cartilage in between my ribs. Had every test done you can do. So I really don't know any more. It went away completely for years and suddenly is back. The doctor I originally saw for this retired
Have your tried cutting off caffeine? I reduced it to one cup AM and nothing more and it has been all positive.

if you have a pincer feeling under your left shoulder in between the bicep then it is anxiety.

LOL at asking Sherdog about health issues. As you see, you’re going to get some stupid replies. But you’re also not giving all the info your Dr had to make his diagnosis. If you’re still worried, get another opinion. But nothing you describe sounds like heart issues.

Back