Social The FCC Revokes 885 Million Starlink Grant

Every green company thanks you for this post
In my ideal scenario there wouldn't be private for profit green companies. There wouldn't be private ownership of capital period. So that completely washes your point.

But if given the choice of more earth destroying private energy systems, or less earth destroying private energy systems, the choice is pretty obvious.

If the right wing consistent at one thing creating a controversy were there isn't one. If this was bill gates getting a free billion from the government there would be threads saying complaining.
Another obvious example of their weird hypocrisy surrounding these two is the "Bill Gates wants to put microchips in you!" conspiracy theories that are popular in right-wing circles. They lash out Gates with all these wild accusations, but Elon is actually, in reality, working on putting brain implants into people! Then we Musk gets investigated, because his company is killing thousands of animals with their experiments, Musk cultists become outraged at the investigators for inconveniencing Musk!

Good point everyone has some dirt on them being in the public eye. Example MLK Jr a womanizer would get me too

I just kind of enjoy picking on that poster - kind of a guilty pleasure. He's one of the most dogmatically partisan people in this forum and his go-to response to people taking a different view from his is "Well, you MUST gargle the nuts of whatever thing I'm against!" I enjoy pointing at him when I don't fit that bill just so that I can say "Yeah, no, that's not me" and watching him try and figure out how to respond when he can't just paint the other guy as a nuthugger of whatever he thinks the bad thing is. He usually just stops responding and goes on to call other people nuthuggers.

CERN?? What? The large hedron collider??? Huh??? You mean the computer scientist Vint Cerf who developed it in a UCLA research lab (a state school) with government money???
The internet is free to access. I have no idea what you're going on about it being sold back to the tax payer.

Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web while working at CERN in 1989.

Musk is on the shit list for the non-sense stunts he has pulled with Starlink in Ukraine. Musk really forgot that as big as he is, the federal government has no qualms giving businesses a hard time how jeopardize national or global security. It was a very stupid play on Musk's part. Especially, for a company that receives so much money from the federal government. The government has every ability for national security reason force companies to do whatever they want. They asked nicely knowing full well they could just force Starlink to provide free service wherever.

The US government used to launch its own rockets... but hemorrhaged money doing so.

lol...

The government didn’t build those rockets, though.
The first American in space, Alan Shepard, got there on a rocket made my Chrysler.

In my ideal scenario there wouldn't be private for profit green companies. There wouldn't be private ownership of capital period. So that completely washes your point.

But if given the choice of more earth destroying private energy systems, or less earth destroying private energy systems, the choice is pretty obvious.
That’s how snake oil salesman sell it

Invest in my company “drink this to live for ever” it even taste like water and saves the planet

In keeping with this story related to Tesla.

"Tesla announced today that it will lose the entire $7,500 federal tax credit on Model 3 RWD and Long Range, the two least expensive versions of the popular electric car, starting next year."

Is this serious?

In keeping with this story related to Tesla.

"Tesla announced today that it will lose the entire $7,500 federal tax credit on Model 3 RWD and Long Range, the two least expensive versions of the popular electric car, starting next year."

bunch cock suckers...corrupt bastards

Um, no I wouldn't? It's what they should have done decades ago. Instead they just gifted Telecom companies billions of dollars to do jack shit. Cable and DSL companies weren't interested in using the money to invest in the "last mile" infrastructure required to actually provide rural broadband, and companies like Hughesnet provide horrendous service which shouldn't even be classified as broadband to begin with.

"The last 20 years..."

"Decades ago..."

Do you even remember what the internet was like in 2003?

Elon Musk Is Planning a New University in Austin​

• He’ll start with a STEM-focused primary and secondary school
  • Tesla CEO sent $2.2 billion in stock to his foundation in 2022
By Sophie Alexander and Dana Hull
December 13, 2023 at 11:44 AM CST

Elon Musk, who moved to Texas during the pandemic, is planning to start a university in Austin, according to tax filings for the billionaire’s latest charity called The Foundation.
The new institution, seeded with a roughly $100 million gift from Musk, will start with a STEM-focused primary and secondary school. Once that’s operating, it “intends ultimately to expand its operations to create a university dedicated to education at the highest levels,” according to an application to the Internal Revenue Service for tax-exempt status obtained by Bloomberg.

"The last 20 years..."

"Decades ago..."

Do you even remember what the internet was like in 2003?

Yes, I certainly do. Do you? Broadband cable and DSL was already becoming ubiquitous, but not for a fuck ton of people living outside of towns in rural parts of the country. Like I said, it was at this point in time that the US government should have been building broadband infrastructure to reach rural areas.

More than a bit. He more or less stole an operating system and renamed it MS-DOS then he sold a license for it to IBM and made his fortune.

But at least he spends a lot of his hundreds of millions on helping to solve public health issues like malaria.
I can't blame him for doing that,opportunity of life time he saw and played out very well for him. Although i still don't like him at all.

Yes, I certainly do. Do you? Broadband cable and DSL was already becoming ubiquitous, but not for a fuck ton of people living outside of towns in rural parts of the country. Like I said, it was at this point in time that the US government should have been building broadband infrastructure to reach rural areas.

I don't remember exactly what it was like in 2003 specifically, but I'm old enough to remember modems and dial up connections lol

Good luck starting this kind of work back then hahaha

I just kind of enjoy picking on that poster - kind of a guilty pleasure. He's one of the most dogmatically partisan people in this forum and his go-to response to people taking a different view from his is "Well, you MUST gargle the nuts of whatever thing I'm against!" I enjoy pointing at him when I don't fit that bill just so that I can say "Yeah, no, that's not me" and watching him try and figure out how to respond when he can't just paint the other guy as a nuthugger of whatever he thinks the bad thing is. He usually just stops responding and goes on to call other people nuthuggers.
AT least have the balls to quote my name.
Also I do fap to nut gargling.
You are fun because you are always like I have no skin in the game with Elon and then post a couple paragraphs defending him.
That is actually worse than a nuthugger. At least I get why a nuthugger does it, not sure why some one who supposedly does not care does it.
I think Elon is an asshole, and a fraud, and his fan boi's like to make him out to be something he is not. Dude has taken billions in government money from governments around the world. Elon is the worlds richest welfare queen. Hell, Elon even got welfare from the Chinese government, which is why you will never hear a peep from Elon about the Chinese.

I don't remember exactly what it was like in 2003 specifically, but I'm old enough to remember modems and dial up connections lol

The work would have involved the same thing then as it would now. Laying cables down rural streets. Something cable companies didn't want to do, because it wasn't deemed profitable.

How old are you?

Back