The Fauna of Hateg Island

This is a video by Henry the PaleoGuy.
I don't have much to say here, I just saw this video and I thought it was interesting so I figured I would share it on Sherdog.
That is all.

Are there two ads (one autoplay vid ad) in OP for everyone else?

I like it when that one dinosaur in Judaic Park goes rarrr and everybody must go faster

I do like Dinosaurs, and I don't care if they aren't very popular on Sherdog, I still like to make threads like these because I like sharing videos about Dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals with the people who are interested in this stuff.
These threads don't get a lot of attention, but I enjoy making them anyway.
It is kind of messed up that "pretty rocks" are more valued in our society than things that actually help further our understanding of this planet's history like fossils, or things that help further our understanding of our Universe like meteorites. But hey, on the bright side at least we can buy meteorites and fossils for a reasonable price.
I say let the normies have their "precious" jewels, men of culture like us are far more interested in fossils and meteorites and other cool sciency shit like that.
I helped comb a field, but was not the one who found, a fall after a nice bright meteor.

Well you can still say more than most people.
High school astronomy club. I was thrilled.

I've always wanted to see a bright Milky Way supernova, but that's absurdly unlikely within my lifetime, even though it's overdue.

I was excited to see SN 1987A and happened to be in Australia, so I had a wonderful view.

High school astronomy club. I was thrilled.

I've always wanted to see a bright Milky Way supernova, but that's absurdly unlikely within my lifetime, even though it's overdue.

I was excited to see SN 1987A and happened to be in Australia, so I had a wonderful view.
Lucky you, at some point I would like to go on a dig with Paleontologists.
I would also like to go to the Field Museum in Chicago and see the legendary Sue, which is one of the largest and the most complete Tyrannosaurus specimen over found.
If only I could go back in time and see these animals in the flesh, but unfortunately the time machine most likely won't be invented in my lifetime. So I'll settle for seeing their bones instead.

No, it does not. It was here when the Earth was formed. Gold is an element. We have no meteorites with samples of gold. It would be nice though...
Alright ima have to step in here.

Yes it does.

Gold is formed from Supernovea exploding. It then travelled to earth when it was young via asteroids and voila. You have the donner party traveling west in the gold rush and then they ate people.

No, it does not. It was here when the Earth was formed. Gold is an element. We have no meteorites with samples of gold. It would be nice though...
You are misinformed my friend.

Gold is an inert element therefore it is not actually formed, but instead exists in its natural state contained within the earth's crust.

Gold, the shiny yellow metal prized for its beauty and malleability and used in many different industries, is actually created inside massive stars when they explode into a supernova. Of course, after a star supernovas and forms gold, the precious metal has to travel to Earth in some way.

By studying ancient rock samples with high-precision instruments, scientists have found evidence that accessible gold, or the gold that is technologically and economically feasible to reach on the surface of the planet, arrived via asteroids when the earth was still fairly young.

Gold is formed from Supernovea exploding. It then travelled to earth when it was young via asteroids and voila.
Gold is an inert element therefore it is not actually formed, but instead exists in its natural state contained within the earth's crust.
Yeah, I already said gold was an element. Post #23 above.
Let us concentrate on present day meteorites. 99.9% come from the asteroid belt and have no gold.
Yeah, we can well conclude that most 'natural' elements on Earth came from 'supergiants' or 'supernovae'. Elements up through iron were created in supergiants and the elements from iron to uranium were created in supernovae.

Also, a second theory:
"On Earth, gold finally reached us some 200 million years after the formation of the planet when meteorites packed with gold and other metals bombarded its surface. Another theory concerning the formation of gold that’s been gaining a lot of traction today is that the element can form following the collision of two neutron stars."

NWA 7325 -- This meteorite is unlike all other meteorites on Earth. It was not part of the asteroid belt. In fact, it predates the Earth and the Sun. It did not come from our solar system. Age estimate: Roughly 4.7 billion years old. I have a piece of it in my collection and it did not cost me $1,000. The cube is 1 cm.
* You can single click on the picture to get a better view:
c09723e18916baef911012ccc2f87ed5.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I already said gold was an element. Post #23 above.
Let us concentrate on present day meteorites. 99.9% come from the asteroid belt and have no gold.
Yeah, we can well conclude that most 'natural' elements on Earth came from 'supergiants' or 'supernovae'. Elements up through iron were created in supergiants and the elements from iron to uranium were created in supernovae.

Also, a second theory:
"On Earth, gold finally reached us some 200 million years after the formation of the planet when meteorites packed with gold and other metals bombarded its surface. Another theory concerning the formation of gold that’s been gaining a lot of traction today is that the element can form following the collision of two neutron stars."
The key word is INERT element.
That means it is not formed on the earth it just exists.

Gold, the shiny yellow metal prized for its beauty and malleability and used in many different industries, is actually created inside massive stars when they explode into a supernova. Of course, after a star supernovas and forms gold

Lucky you, at some point I would like to go on a dig with Paleontologists.
I would also like to go to the Field Museum in Chicago and see the legendary Sue, which is one of the largest and the most complete Tyrannosaurus specimen over found.
If only I could go back in time and see these animals in the flesh, but unfortunately the time machine most likely won't be invented in my lifetime. So I'll settle for seeing their bones instead.
IIRC there was a huge fight with the government over ownership of Sue.

LOL, Utahraptor is one of my favorite Dinosaurs. It was basically the raptors from Jurassic Park but on steroids.
Actually the famous Velociraptor from the movies wasn't that big in real life. In reality it was only slightly bigger than a turkey.
Vraptor-scale.png

Bu Utahraptor was actually much bigger than the raptors from Jurassic Park. It was comparable to a large bear, like a Kodiak or a polar bear.
3ds2rw.jpg

So I guess you could say Utahraptor was a "horse meat" raptor. Although not really, because horses didn't evolve until a 100 million years or so later lol.

Werent the raptors in JP supposed to be dinonychus as they were 4.5 to 5.5 foot tall, but they opted to use the name velociraptor because it sounded easier/cooler?

Regardless, even a pack of velociraptors would be terrifying. Its like being attacked by them giant chickens in sekiro.

IIRC there was a huge fight with the government over ownership of Sue.
Yes, you're right. Sue was found on private property, and the guy who owned the property was apart of the Sioux Native American tribe. The tribe claimed that the bones belonged to them and there was this big court case over it.
Actually, there is a great documentary about it called Dinosaur 13. You should check it out sometime. Now would be the perfect time with all this Coronavirus pandemonium going on at the moment.

Yes, you're right. Sue was found on private property, and the guy who owned the property was apart of the Sioux Native American tribe. The tribe claimed that the bones belonged to them and there was this big court case over it.
Actually, there is a great documentary about it called Dinosaur 13. You should check it out sometime. Now would be the perfect time with all this Coronavirus pandemonium going on at the moment.
I've seen it, but couldn't remember if it was called A Dinosaur Named Sue.
Kind of upsetting tbh. Those bones belong to science, you fucks

Werent the raptors in JP supposed to be dinonychus as they were 4.5 to 5.5 foot tall, but they opted to use the name velociraptor because it sounded easier/cooler?

Regardless, even a pack of velociraptors would be terrifying. Its like being attacked by them giant chickens in sekiro.
Yeah you're right, the Velociraptors from Jurassic Park were actually based on Deinonychus. although the JP raptors were slightly bigger than Deinonychus. Actually the closest thing to the JP raptors were probably either Achillobator or Dakotaraptor.
Here is Achillobator.
Achillobator_scale.png

And here is Dakotaraptor.
1280px-Dakota_raptor_scale_mmartyniuk.png

I like to think of Velociraptor as a land eagle. Small, yet deadly and efficient. And you're right, a pack of them could probably tear a guy to pieces.

Back