The Fauna of Hateg Island

Utahraptor Ostrommaysi

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

This is a video by Henry the PaleoGuy.
I don't have much to say here, I just saw this video and I thought it was interesting so I figured I would share it on Sherdog.
That is all.

I can gets down with this schtick we need a dinosar guy to keep the herry fresch

This is a video by Henry the PaleoGuy.
I don't have much to say here, I just saw this video and I thought it was interesting so I figured I would share it on Sherdog.
I can tell you like dinosaurs. Unfortunately there is not much of an interest on this topic here on Sherdog. I'm a big fan of meteorites and have a nice collection. There wasn't much interest on Sherdog for that topic either. I do have a piece of 'gembone' = dinosaur bone fossil. You can buy 'gembone' on eBay for about $30.
il_794xN.1952974277_qvs3.jpg

. Dinosaur bones are about 65 million years old.
. Meteorites are about 4.5 billion years old and come from space.
You can buy both reasonably cheap. Cool stuff to have! Diamonds, gold, and pearls have more value but I have no interest in it. It shows you how screwed up society is when it comes to valuing certain items.

I can tell you like dinosaurs. Unfortunately there is not much of an interest on this topic here on Sherdog. I'm a big fan of meteorites and have a nice collection. There wasn't much interest on Sherdog for that topic either. I do have a piece of 'gembone' = dinosaur bone fossil. You can buy 'gembone' on eBay for about $30.

You can buy both reasonably cheap. Cool stuff to have! Diamonds, gold, and pearls have more value but I have no interest in it. It shows you how screwed up society is when it comes to valuing certain items.
dinosaur bones arent even bones tho........just a really precise replica of a bone that USED to exist. that takes away major cool points for me

Well, I could be that Dinosaur guy. My profile is named off of a Dinosaur so it would make sense.

Man I always thought your name was just European or something. I ordered something that sounds exactly like that down the Greek once.

Last edited:
Man I always thought your name was just European or something. Swear I ordered something that sounds exactly like that down the Greek once.

You once ordered a Greek to go down on you and he made a sound?

<mma4>

dinosaur bones arent even bones tho...just a really precise replica of a bone that USED to exist.
?
It is petrified bone.
"Gembone' is mineralized bone, often dinosaur bone, which has had the individual cells fossilized with precious minerals. It is one of four gemstones created from organisms."

?
It is petrified bone.
"Gembone' is mineralized bone, often dinosaur bone, which has had the individual cells fossilized with precious minerals. It is one of four gemstones created from organisms."
per the definition you linked its not ACTUAL bone. the bone is replaced with minerals.

its an exact replica of how the bone looked, and did used to be a real dinosaur. but now it is a mineral replica.

per the definition you linked its not ACTUAL bone. the bone is replaced with minerals.
?
What do you think petrified wood is?
Yeah, part of the bone is replaced with minerals. It happens over millions of years. It is a mixture of bone and minerals. Original pieces of bone are still in the sample...

"But a buried bone isn't the same thing as a fossil -- to become a fossil, the bone has to become rock. The organic parts of the bone, like blood cells, collagen (a protein), and fat, eventually break down. But the inorganic parts of the bone, or the parts made from minerals like calcium, have more staying power. They remain after the organic materials have disappeared, creating a fragile, porous mineral in the shape of the original bone."
Link: https://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geology/fossil2.htm

I do like Dinosaurs, and I don't care if they aren't very popular on Sherdog, I still like to make threads like these because I like sharing videos about Dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals with the people who are interested in this stuff.
These threads don't get a lot of attention, but I enjoy making them anyway.
It is kind of messed up that "pretty rocks" are more valued in our society than things that actually help further our understanding of this planet's history like fossils, or things that help further our understanding of our Universe like meteorites. But hey, on the bright side at least we can buy meteorites and fossils for a reasonable price.
I say let the normies have their "precious" jewels, men of culture like us are far more interested in fossils and meteorites and other cool sciency shit like that.

Man I always thought your name was just European or something. I ordered something that sounds exactly like that down the Greek once.
LOL, Utahraptor is one of my favorite Dinosaurs. It was basically the raptors from Jurassic Park but on steroids.
Actually the famous Velociraptor from the movies wasn't that big in real life. In reality it was only slightly bigger than a turkey.
Vraptor-scale.png

Bu Utahraptor was actually much bigger than the raptors from Jurassic Park. It was comparable to a large bear, like a Kodiak or a polar bear.
3ds2rw.jpg

So I guess you could say Utahraptor was a "horse meat" raptor. Although not really, because horses didn't evolve until a 100 million years or so later lol.

Last edited:

Gold comes from space just like meteorites do.

Back