The Eyepokes Were So Much Worse Than The Sub

Just got around to the DVR. Man, that shit was egregious. The eyepokes and the sub. Also, Mazzagatti is completely incompetent. Mazzagatti reffing a Palhares fight is a recipe for disaster.

This. It's lucky Shields's arm didn't get broken.

I agree that they were worse but he still held onto the sub too long. Watch any Pettis submission fight and you'll see what tapping is supposed to mean. As SOON as a guy taps you let go, hes giving up at that point.

2.gif

Anthony%2BPettis%2BSubmits%2BGilbert%2BMelendez%2Bby%2BGuillotine%2BChocke%2B-%2BUFC%2B181.gif

It was fucking disgusting.

The AC really needs to take a hard look on Mazz, because the guy just shouldn't be involved with reffing anymore fights. He totally sucks.

Any other ref would have deducted points, and then disqualified him.

It's crazy because I was one of Palhares's strongest supporters. Having watched him pull this type of shit time, and time again, I just don't see how he should be allowed to compete anymore.

He's a total fucker.

This is what people should be complaining about regarding the Palhares/Shields fight. People are focusing on the submission when he held it, what? Maybe a second late? It wasn't bad at all, if anyone else would have done it, it wouldn't be up for debate in the slightest, but anytime Palhares gets someone in a hold it is examined under a microscope.

The truly disgusting part of that fight was the blatantly intentional eyepokes. Shields eyes were getting skewered for 3 straight rounds and Palhares got a warning maybe twice, no points taken, nothing. He should have been DQ'ed for it. It was almost like Mazzagati was scared to discipline Palhares for fear of getting a limb ripped off.

If you rewatch the fight, notice Shields had not a single problem with the submission, he even complimented Palhares on the hold. What he was truly pissed about were the 10,000 eye gouges he had to endure throughout those 3 rounds. It was sickening and THAT is the only problem people should have with that fight.

Anyone else feel the same way regarding Palhares/Shields?

YES! This!

I feel the exact same way. The submission may have been held a little long, but the eye gouging was WAY worse and should have drawn a DQ.

I don't think this is accurate,Shields said "Not only he is a dirty fighter,but he also poked me 8 times"

So he considers Toquinho a dirty fighter even before the eye gouging...for what? My only guess is the sub.

I really can't understand people saying "1 second". First of all,he is a human being with excellent reflexes,the same reflexes and speed that allowed him to sub Salaverry in that flash. 1 second is way too much. Second,the reaction time should start when the guy is tapping,so when the ref steps in you are ready to release the hold immediately. Palhares,instead,not only CRANKS the sub after the tap,he cranks it even after the ref beats his back. Unbelievable.
And third,the "if it wasn't him people wouldn't say anything" argument. Of course people will stay more focused on that if you already did that,but I never saw a fighter involved in so many controversies for not letting a sub. So many times. In so many fights. You guys can't really tell the difference between a legit release and a BS one like this? Here are two examples,both from Palhares:

Carl. Nothing excessive.
Steve_Carl_vs._Rousimar_Palhares.gif

Shields. Total BS.
BlackandwhiteKnobbyChicken.gif

Don't tell me there is no difference!

Ps:Arkridge,who's the lady in your AV?

Well said.

hard to disagree, they were incredibly blatant, i have no idea why he wasnt dq'd for doing it twice, let alone 8x without so much as a point being taken

Million dollar talent, with a 10ct head....Reminds me of the MMA version of Abdrew Golota.

Back