THE EXPANSE (Season 6 Official Trailer; Premieres Dec. 10, 2021)

Not read the books but honestly the alien stuff in the show has never progressed beyond simply being a mystery, it doesnt feel like its really even started to build towards depth and the politics has really been what the show has actually been about.

the alien stuff stays a mysterious over arching plot point until book 8 where it becomes the main plot. About 3/4 of the way through book 9 and it’s been fantastic. I’ve read the show will follow the book arcs through season 6 and then option for some spin off or movie stuff.

the alien stuff stays a mysterious over arching plot point until book 8 where it becomes the main plot. About 3/4 of the way through book 9 and it’s been fantastic. I’ve read the show will follow the book arcs through season 6 and then option for some spin off or movie stuff.

So this season should be about the aliens then correct since it's the final season? I don't remember how the last season ended so I'll need a refresher on that before I start season 5.

So this season should be about the aliens then correct since it's the final season? I don't remember how the last season ended so I'll need a refresher on that before I start season 5.

Sadly No. We will not get the Alien stuff resloved in this Final Season. Just the war with Marcos. . . I imagine any spin off stuff will conclude to the final books

Sadly No. We will not get the Alien stuff resloved in this Final Season. Just the war with Marcos. . . I imagine any spin off stuff will conclude to the final books

Oh wow that's annoying. So it's not even guaranteed we get a conclusion to that story.

Oh wow that's annoying. So it's not even guaranteed we get a conclusion to that story.

the potential movies could also be about some of the short stories. There are a ton of them, so there may not be a conclusion. I read a while ago they weren’t giving up on the idea of bringing the cast back down the line for the final seasons. I would actually prefer this as the last 3 books pick up like 20 years in the future. So the crew of the Roci is knocking on the door to retirement and the time jump is a pretty important aspect of the story so it wouldn’t make as much sense to just film the last arc in the near future. It would be cool to take a long break and come back with the same cast.

the potential movies could also be about some of the short stories. There are a ton of them, so there may not be a conclusion. I read a while ago they weren’t giving up on the idea of bringing the cast back down the line for the final seasons. I would actually prefer this as the last 3 books pick up like 20 years in the future. So the crew of the Roci is knocking on the door to retirement and the time jump is a pretty important aspect of the story so it wouldn’t make as much sense to just film the last arc in the near future. It would be cool to take a long break and come back with the same cast.

I get the time jump is important but what's more likely to happen is the story is never finished. They should have just used CGI or something to age the characters a bit.

While posting this I stopped and did some research and it does seem like the writers consider this more of a pause point. So I'm a little more optimistic about that. Will see how it goes I guess. The good thing is none of the actors have really seemed to take off in careers of their own so a higher chance they will come back when called upon.

Book 9 is the last book and it wraps up the story, there's not a lot of action in book 9, just a lot of narration, tying up plot points. It seems there's a lot less Naomi and more Amos so the author knows what fans want. I finished it last week. I want a new series based on the epilogue and just the epilogue.

I get the time jump is important but what's more likely to happen is the story is never finished. They should have just used CGI or something to age the characters a bit.

While posting this I stopped and did some research and it does seem like the writers consider this more of a pause point. So I'm a little more optimistic about that. Will see how it goes I guess. The good thing is none of the actors have really seemed to take off in careers of their own so a higher chance they will come back when called upon.

Jeff Bezos is a huge fan of the novels and was a big part of bringing the show to Prime after it got the ax from the Syfy channel. Gives me hope that the pause is planned and he’ll throw some change at it to give it a proper send off.

The show sucks. Another season wasted on boring Marco, Felipe, and Naomi. It is too bad we will never get God Emperor Duarte and the Laconia arc, the dog in space, and immortal Amos

Book 9 is the last book and it wraps up the story, there's not a lot of action in book 9, just a lot of narration, tying up plot points. It seems there's a lot less Naomi and more Amos so the author knows what fans want. I finished it last week. I want a new series based on the epilogue and just the epilogue.

the epilogue put a huge grin on my face. Didn’t see that coming at all.

Jeff Bezos is a huge fan of the novels and was a big part of bringing the show to Prime after it got the ax from the Syfy channel. Gives me hope that the pause is planned and he’ll throw some change at it to give it a proper send off.

Didn't know that about Bezos good to hear. The more I read about this the more optimistic I am about the shows future. Will suck having to wait so long for the ending to the alien plot but I'll be satisficed as long as I get it. Hell will even give me a reason to rewatch the whole thing before the final plot.

Show’s final episode came out today.

:(

The final season was filmed from January 2021 to May 7 2021 when it had been planned to be finished in April so it was extended, not cut short. It was always scheduled for 6 episodes.
https://moviesr.net/p-the-expanse-season-6-completes-filming-final-on-set-reunion-of-the-cast-ends

Okay just checked basically it was budget plus little bit of covid (since they should have started filming in 2020)

It was planned for 10 though originally

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amazonadviser.com/2021/12/14/why-the-expanse-season-6-six-episodes/amp/

Back