1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

THE EXPANSE (Season 6 Official Trailer; Premieres Dec. 10, 2021)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Randlewand Black Belt

They're cancelling the show?

2. Crono7 GET TO THE CHOPPA

They are doing one more season only. They aren't calling a cancellation tho. Book 7 starts off 30 years later with a completely new story. In a way it's fitting to end it with 6

GtehMVP likes this.
  3. GtehMVP Black Belt

I just watched the first 4 ep in a row... the stakes after ep 4...the stakes... so damn good!!

I read the books up until this point, but I find the show better in every way. I usually don't like it when they merge characters, but Drummer is money and one of the best decisions/castings the showrunners have made. Going to be some serious comeuppance!

I can't believe Fred is dead. Who's going to run Tycho now? Did I hear him mention Anderson Dawes in that ep? He's been out of the picture for a while, hopefully he comes back, Jared Harris plays him perfectly. I can't wait to see what happens with the protmolecule too!

Dragonlordxxxxx likes this.
  4. Zookeeper Gabe Animal Feces Engineer

This season seems to be drawing everything out way too much, these story lines are moving so slowly it’s frustrating. Definitely my least favorite so far, most likely because the crew is apart and I get it’s based on the book but they aren’t pulling it off very well imo

Misfit23 likes this.
  5. Jack Reacheround Titanium Belt

So far, it’s only like two.

Zookeeper Gabe likes this.
  6. method115 Titanium Belt

That’s fine with me as long as I get an ending to the current story. Going to start watching this next week once episode 9 comes out.

7. D Train Gold Belt

I like it better when the main cast is together.

Misfit23 and Zookeeper Gabe like this.
  8. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Loving this season. Although they're not together, each of the main characters have their own engaging story arcs.

One more episode left. :(

C-H-L likes this.
  9. Zookeeper Gabe Animal Feces Engineer

Out of all of them the only ones I care about this season is Amos/Peaches and Avasarala everything else seems so forced. I think they could have Accomplished everything in 5-6 episodes, to me the strength of the show is the crew interacting with each other.
    I haven’t read the books so that may be part of the reason I’m so disengaged this season but when I found out there was only one episode left I was pissed.

Dragonlordxxxxx and Papachulu like this.
  10. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

I am not a big fan of the Naomi Nagata character but, for me, this is her best season so far. I really liked her grit, determination and ingenuity during her kidnapping ordeal while at the same time being emotionally torn being with her estranged son. I love lone survivor films Castaway, 127 Hours and Gravity, so I'm really enjoying Naomi's journey in the Chetzemoka.

WandySaku2 and Zookeeper Gabe like this.
  11. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

I have not read the books, can you explain a little on the two characters that was merged into Drummer?

12. GtehMVP Black Belt

I only read up to season 5 (first four books) and about 5 short stories/novellas.

There is no Drummer character in any of those. From what I understand one does come into play during book 5 or 6? I stopped just into Nemesis games (book 5, and season 5) as I enjoyed the show more.

There's an OPA engineer called Sam Rosenberg who is part Drummer (old friend of Naomi). Anderson Dawes takes up much of her role with Fred Johnson in the books too. There's also another character called Bull (forget his actual name). He's an ex military guy who is a kind of part Drummer and Ashford.

I liked the Bull character in the books, but collapsing him and Sam into Drummer/Ashford makes for stronger characters IMO. Drummer and Ashford are money!

The only shitty thing is the lack of screen time for Dawes. Jarred Harris is one of my fav actors.
    [​IMG]
    I've only watched a couple of episodes of S5, so hopefully he's in it more. I've been saving them up for a big binge lol, might do it now!

Dragonlordxxxxx likes this.
  13. The Clinch in Middle Earth with glee-glop & the floopty-doos. Platinum Member

Naomi Nagata is the drizzling shits.

14. method115 Titanium Belt

Pretty good season overall. Enjoyed it more than 4 but still below 2 and 3. I was afraid they were going to take it to slow but right when I thought that major shit started going down. Looking forward to the next season. I didn't enjoy the way they got rid of one of the characters but I guess in reality that would be one of the more realistic ways to go.

15. Zookeeper Gabe Animal Feces Engineer

This was by far the best episode of the season, next season I’m guessing will be much better since the crew will be back together. Amos talking to Holden was fucking funny as hell

Cool Hand Luke likes this.
  16. surgeyou1 Welcome to the Machida Era...Part Deux

Why?

17. surgeyou1 Welcome to the Machida Era...Part Deux

The actor for Alex, Cas Anvar, got MeToo'd so they needed to remove him from the show after they already shot his scenes. That's why it's so abrupt and not very emotional.

18. method115 Titanium Belt

Yea I knew about all that but still I feel like they could have set it up better. I guess when they found out though they just wanted something quick and simple to avoid having to continue to work with him and this scene he can do alone.

19. surgeyou1 Welcome to the Machida Era...Part Deux

No they didn't reshoot anything with him. His death scene is literally a still image from before they just added blood effects too.

GtehMVP likes this.
  20. method115 Titanium Belt

lol damn I thought for a second that might be what it was but I was like nah that wasn't what they did.

GtehMVP likes this.