The Evolution of Punk

Hey guys...

I've been watching... The first two episodes show him training, grappling, BJJ and striking at RoufuSports sparring with more advanced fighters and not doing too good.

It's still in the beginning of his training so he's still seems to be adapting to the striking part of MMA.. Seems more comfortable on the ground. He's at 190lbs and talking to a nutritionist. Shows him starting a strength and conditioning program. Also shows (at the end of the 2nd episode) him being injured on his shoulder.

I'm no expert in boxing/kickboxing/muay thai (I'm more of a BJJ guy) but from what I've been watching, there's still a lot of room for improvement in the srtiking department. Seems sloppy.

Anyway I'm really rooting for him. He's a nice guy and has the balls to do this so kudos to him.

What do you guys think?

Based off his training footage, I think he is going to get smoked. Very very green on the ground and his stand up is terrible too. He is slow offensively and his defense is sub par as well. That one shot of him almost breaking after getting popped hard in the face shows me he is in a world of trouble in a real fight.

To be expected though. 37 years old with lots of mileage on the body and
Zero fighting experience. Good on him for giving it a go.

Back