(the evolution of boxing) Seen someone say.......

I meant that Ali beats Lennox Lewis and that's all that needs to be said, at least from my perspective. I think Ali is too fast and too good a boxer for Lewis to deal with.

I know, I was juss foolin' around.

Ali's fast and quick, no doubt. But he can't stay on the outside. Lennox is tall and has a longer reach. Now Lennox isn't as fast, but he certainly knows how to keep a guy at the end of his jab. Ali standing outside trying to work his jab won't be of much use either, because with the reach favoring Lennox he'll get picked apart. To come in close wouldn't be a good idea, because he'll be walking through Lennox's big punches.

And Lennox just wouldn't waste all he has in a few rounds either.... so I don't see him gassing.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.....

We'll just have to agree to disagree.....
:icon_chee

I have to think Ali would have been too fast for Lennox.

Yeah, I'm not sure of many things. But I was sure of that. :D

I know, I was juss foolin' around.

Ali's fast and quick, no doubt. But he can't stay on the outside. Lennox is tall and has a longer reach. Now Lennox isn't as fast, but he certainly knows how to keep a guy at the end of his jab. Ali standing outside trying to work his jab won't be of much use either, because with the reach favoring Lennox he'll get picked apart. To come in close wouldn't be a good idea, because he'll be walking through Lennox's big punches.

And Lennox just wouldn't waste all he has in a few rounds either.... so I don't see him gassing.

I think Lennox/Ali would be more competitive than people think. Why do people think there is such a leap in talent between boxers from the 80s and other Ali opponents?

Lennox Lewis > Ken Norton.

George Foreman > Lennox Lewis

I'm a big Foreman fan, so I'm ok with that.

Actually when I posted Lewis > Norton, that occured to me. Foreman/Lewis would be an interesting fight.

I wasn't talking about Foreman v Lewis. I was talking about Ali v Lewis.

Sure, Foreman gives Lewis fits and ends up beating him.
But Lewis isn't losing to Ali.
Lewis wouldn't even be fighting Ali like Foreman did.

I wasn't talking about Foreman v Lewis. I was talking about Ali v Lewis.

Sure, Foreman gives Lewis fits and ends up beating him.
But Lewis isn't losing to Ali.
Lewis wouldn't even be fighting Ali like Foreman did.

Is it impossible to think that Ali can handle Lewis' jab?

i take ali because lennox gave better than he got.

Finally some sense.

Speculating on these sort of "what ifs" is fine, acting like anything is certain is usually the sign of a fool.

thats a real close one,I think lewis moved better and had a better jab but imo the edge in power and chin would go to foreman,me personaly I'd take lewis becasue he can moved better and box better but he could be ko'd at any moment with foreman

keeping on topic thou I think lewis could beat ali,he would win a war of jabs and muscle ali on the inside,lewis was preety fluid for a 6'5 guy and paced himself,I think ali could make him miss alot and box around him thou

Speculating on these sort of "what ifs" is fine, acting like anything is certain is usually the sign of a fool.

So you're saying Lennox would definitely win.... no doubt in your mind.

Well, make that 2 definites for Lewis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back