The ESPN deal has been awful for MMA fans

new fans that didn't know the struggle we had before waiting for 1-2 MMA cards a month
Lol at new fans. That was like 20 years ago. Anyone who bothered to sign up to a karate forum should be considered an OG by now.

Your assumption is wrong
Actually it was exactly correct, with 2014 being the only outlier.

Irrelevent? I guess that's up to you. I think a 10 fight card with 8 interesting fights is a higher quality card than a card with 14 fights and 8 interesting fights.

Actually it was exactly correct, with 2014 being the only outlier.

Irrelevent? I guess that's up to you. I think a 10 fight card with 8 interesting fights is a higher quality card than a card with 14 fights and 8 interesting fights.
At this point you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. The card quality is clearly down in the ESPN era. Address the thread topic or move along.

anyone else remember when Dana White made the "good news, you're going to be paying $5 a month subscription to watch UFC!!" announcement

it was ridiculous lol

The APEX cards are pure ass. Low quality fighters and the barren arena with zero atmosphere doesn't help. They literally can't get people to pay to go watch this shit, so why should I bother? The fights also seem worse without fans, the fighters seem way less amped up /aggressive.

I don't watch them. 90% of the fighters will never be relevant contenders.

there's a large majority here of fans who think that just because there is more, that it's better, and that as fans in 2024, we should be eternally grateful, because back then there wasn't a lot of MMA. but that's a stupid ass assessment, obviously. it's always been about quality vs. quantity. no one, besides these morons, wants to watch watered down cards, every weekend, full of nobodies, at unexciting weight classes, or ganders, nobody. besides these fools. no, you don't have to be grateful for mediocre watered down cards, no you don't have to immediately like all divisions, or WMMA for that matter. we all want to see the best. that has always been the case since day one. the worst fans are these guys who look down on those who don't want to watch crap, as if watching this crap somehow makes them better at sherdog or MMA, and then get violently offended when people say "hey, this actually sucks ass," as if having an opinion all of a sudden threatens their ability to enjoy watered down nonsensical hoo-haw. no one cares. either side. but my opinion is right.

You should probably let “mma fans” speak for themselves. I prefer having a card almost every week.

If you complain about too many cards. I find it odd. We still get title fights and some good ppv. So we’re seeing the big fights. And we get pre-lim level fights too. Since I haven’t paid for a ppv in a long time. So I think it would be hypocritical of me to always shit on ppv cards.

I don’t think any ppv is worth what ESPN actually charges, including the ESPN+ subscription you people down south have to pay. The model is outdated, and will have to change eventually.

Flat rate every month for all content. For much cheaper than the $80US, or whatever the price is now. Plus access to the vault like with Fight Pass. I’m just not sure what a fair price is. Considering I can access most of this for free right now.

Back