Television The Entire Sayian Saga in 2 Hours/Goku vs Frieza 45 mins

Favorite Saga in DBZ

• Sayian

• Frieza

• Androids/Cell

• Buu

• None Dragonball was better

Results are only viewable after voting.
The real let down was finding out who trunks was, and then him not being billy bad ass afterwards.

the lead up was rediculous, the commercials with just saying trunks and the sword slashing and then the episode. Who the fuck is this??

Trunks to Frieza: You’re about to find out what it’s like to fight a REAL Super Sayain

Me: Holy shit who is this dude? A real SS?? Suspence.:

Freiza: dies instantly.

Me: Holy fuck this Real Super Sayain is a bad ass.

reality sets in, vegeta’s kid. Weaker than vegeta and goku...

Dah Fuck? Just wiped out Frieza and king cold and he ain’t all that??
Exactly. Frieza went from being the big bad and took have a season to stop, to being a total tomato can within the span of what like a year. In another season or two I fully expect Jiren to get his ass kicked easily by Krillin.

The real let down was finding out who trunks was, and then him not being billy bad ass afterwards.

the lead up was rediculous, the commercials with just saying trunks and the sword slashing and then the episode. Who the fuck is this??

Trunks to Frieza: You’re about to find out what it’s like to fight a REAL Super Sayain

Me: Holy shit who is this dude? A real SS?? Suspence.:

Freiza: dies instantly.

Me: Holy fuck this Real Super Sayain is a bad ass.

reality sets in, vegeta’s kid. Weaker than vegeta and goku...

Dah Fuck? Just wiped out Frieza and king cold and he ain’t all that??

He was actually stronger than Vegeta but he suppressed his power level so Vegeta wouldn't hate him or so he thought. But I think I remember him saying he sacrificed speed for power so maybe Vegeta could have increased his power level too but didn't because he knew he would be slower? I think Trunks says that once he realizes he can't beat Cell.

Exactly. Frieza went from being the big bad and took have a season to stop, to being a total tomato can within the span of what like a year. In another season or two I fully expect Jiren to get his ass kicked easily by Krillin.

He would have been ten million times stronger than raditz..
right, like how out of the blue Roshi can now hang in the tournament of power and we are supposed to beleive he was always that strung but played weak so goku would get stronger? Right.

He was actually stronger than Vegeta but he suppressed his power level so Vegeta wouldn't hate him or so he thought. But I think I remember him saying he sacrificed speed for power so maybe Vegeta could have increased his power level too but didn't because he knew he would be slower? I think Trunks says that once he realizes he can't beat Cell.
Well that was after they went into the room of spirit and time to train more. I’m talking about when he first hits the scene.
And yes he “bulked up” too much, kinda similar in a way that SS2 is better than SS3 in a lot of ways and goku almost never uses 3.

only one who uses 3 regularly and does well with it is Gotenks

cell saga/android is the best its toriyamas best work
freeza and namek are probably the most iconic

In terms of straight iconic villains and the big boss fights I would say Frieza is number 1 followed closely behind Cell.
In terms of a Saga as a whole I think Androids.

I’m not sure I’ve ever posted anywhere other than the MMA discussions or Sports bar so it’s pretty rad to see people talk about this stuff here, it’s like a whole new world.

What you're probably thinking of is when they were training in the hyperbolic time chamber and trying to reach SSJ2. They got to SSJ1 Ultra, which was basically SSJ2-level power but so slow as to make it useless. I think Trunks tried to deploy it against Cell early in that saga, before Vegeta's failed Final Flash.

Sayian Saga was the best and most consistent but the Frieza Saga had the best moment. (SSJG transformation)

Piccolo sacrificing himself is the best moment, followed by zgoku coming and breaking Nappa's back. Doesn't get better than that. Especially after Yamcha, Tien, and Clown boy died.

Unpopular opinion, the original Dragon Ball is the superior series.
It is. Got the chance to sit down and finally watch DB in it’s entirety after DBZ and the fun/MA/adventure tone was far more enjoyable.

DBZ lost something starting with the Frieza battle getting dragged out, the emphasis shifting from high speed hand to hand combat to power ups and redundant blasts, and all the side characters becoming irrelevant. The Saiyan and Namek sagas were the perfect balance.

Last edited:
Piccolo sacrificing himself is the best moment, followed by zgoku coming and breaking Nappa's back. Doesn't get better than that. Especially after Yamcha, Tien, and Clown boy died.
Nappa really was menacing at that time. Watching him brag to Goku about killing all his friends then witnessing him get his shit pushed so easily was fairly oh shit as a kid.

DBZ sucked. Young Goku/Dragonball > DBZ

It is. Got the chance to sit down and finally watch DB in it’s entirety after DBZ and the fun/MA/adventure tone was far more enjoyable.

DBZ lost something starting with the Frieza battle getting dragged out, the emphasis shifting from high speed hand to hand combat to power ups and redundant blasts, and all the side characters becoming irrelevant. The Saiyan and Namek sagas were the perfect balance.
If you read the manga...all the fights are high paced. The anime drags out the fights.

Dude adult swim ran the arc from the start to jist before he turns SS, and then back to the start again, for like a year. It was ridiculous. I remember getting home from work as a teen excited to see him finally transform, and it would be the start of the arc again.

<2>
They did that several times over here.

First it got up to like the Android Saga then they restarted.

Then it got up to the Buu Saga (Fat Buu) then they restarted.

Then they finally finished it all the way through lol

I preferred Dragonball sagas: the first two tournament sagas, the red ribbon army saga, Tienshinhan saga, fortune teller baba saga, etc etc. It was just good fun and more adventures with less crazy power ups. That said, for this poll, I picked the android saga because I liked the creepy, unnerving tone that was present during that saga where everyone was on edge the whole time.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion, the original Dragon Ball is the superior series.
Original Dragon Ball is fantastic. I actually rewatched some of it recently. DBZ is also great up through Freeza. Cell is alright I guess but kind of jumps the shark. Buu saga just plain sucks. I’m not sure which series I prefer overall

If you read the manga...all the fights are high paced. The anime drags out the fights.
There’s an explanation for that actually. It was because Toriyama wasn’t able to write the story fast enough to keep up with the demand for new episodes, so the anime people started padding it out while they waited for him to publish the next manga. In DBZ Kai they took out all that crap filler.

He was actually burnt out on Dragon Ball, but T. V. Producers kept pressuring him to create more. He added the Z in DBZ as a way of saying that this was the end of the series when he wrote the Saiyan saga. As we know though, he ended up caving and continuing to write the story.

There’s an explanation for that actually. It was because Toriyama wasn’t able to write the story fast enough to keep up with the demand for new episodes, so the anime people started padding it out while they waited for him to publish the next manga. In DBZ Kai they took out all that crap filler.

He was actually burnt out on Dragon Ball, but T. V. Producers kept pressuring him to create more. He added the Z in DBZ as a way of saying that this was the end of the series when he wrote the Saiyan saga. As we know though, he ended up caving and continuing to write the story.
Oh I already knew dude.

I just thought it was funny how ridiculous long the old anime made the Frieza fight.

When it only lasted 20 chapters in the manga vs Goku. His transformation to SSJ was like 5 panels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back