The easiest way to solve the judging problem.

I enjoyed sitting around for 25 minutes while Arum bribed the judges into seeing a phantom headbutt in Moloney/Franco on the weekend.
Wasn't it the other way around? Arum's fighter was screwed out of the win because the commission thought that there was a headbutt. Arum and Bob Bennett were arguing with each other.

Get rid of judges and have them fight to the death instead.
Problem solved.

Another way would be for the "judge" to explain how they scored the fight.

Make the judges accountable for the decisions they make.

Shogun then gives Nelson Hamilton 50 low kicks to see how ineffective they are.

Finish the fight.

If the pre fight interview consist of "I'm going to drag him into deep water" then put eye drops in his water so he has less than 2 rounds to get out the cage and to the toilet.

Lmao you would wait another 15 minutes and if you scored all 3 rounds after the fight the judging could be even more rigged/biased
Imagine 25min after every main event EVEN as open and shut as RDA > Felder clear 50/45 even if one goof gave it Felder.

Open scores IS needed Invicta has it and it has worked wonders. Much more aggressive 3rd+ rounds.

Dana often shows his frustration with the judges.

Honestly though I think Dana likes the idea of "incompetent judging" as a nice scapegoat to get around potential negative PR in terms of people claiming bias.

Honestly though I think Dana likes the idea of "incompetent judging" as a nice scapegoat to get around potential negative PR in terms of people claiming bias.

Pretty far-fetched, IMO. He even gave Jose a TS when he disagreed with the judges after the Moraes fight.

Pretty far-fetched, IMO. He even gave Jose a TS when he disagreed with the judges after the Moraes fight.

Well obviously were getting into sketchy ground were direct evidence is hard to get but I do think the UFC have specifically pushed the "legitimacy" of the sport very hard. You compare MMA and Boxing fans for example and MMA fans would be MUCH less likely to claim promoters might influence judging(just look at this thread) yet there both working with arguably the same system, in MMA the same system with one promoter in a monopolistic position as well.

Thats not to say incompetent judging doesnt happen of course.

Last edited:
Wait until we have 5 judges, but then 4 of them are cecil peoples, adalaide byrd, sal d'amato, and Joe Soliz.

... reffed by Herb Dean

Well obviously were getting into sketchy ground were direct evidence is hard to get but I do think the UFC have specifically pushed the "legitimacy" of the sport very hard. You compare MMA and Boxing fans for example and MMA fans would be MUCH less likely to claim promoters might influence judging yet there both working with arguably the same system, in MMA the same system with one promoter in a monopolistic position as well.

Thats not to say incompetent judging doesnt happen of course.

Yeah, but boxing is a much older sport and has older organizations who all have had more supposed influence on judges because of deeper running ties. They also have more competition between orgs and cross org fights, so there is more incentive to rig the judges. Nationality seems to be a bigger aspect in boxing too, like Mexican fighters will probably get preferential treatment from Mexican judges. Though I'd say that Brazillian judges in MMA have been pretty partial in the past too, for instance. But that is separate from the org's involvement though, IMO.

But the main thing is just the seemingly genuine emotion with which Dana shows, and has a hard time to repress, his frustration.

Yeah, but boxing is a much older sport and has older organizations who all have had more supposed influence on judges because of deeper running ties. They also have more competition between orgs and cross org fights, so there is more incentive to rig the judges. Nationality seems to be a bigger aspect in boxing too, like Mexican fighters will probably get preferential treatment from Mexican judges. Though I'd say that Brazillian judges in MMA have been pretty partial in the past too, for instance. But that is separate from the org's involvement though, IMO.

But the main thing is just the seemingly genuine emotion with which Dana shows, and has a hard time to repress, his frustration.

I don't really buy that, the Fertittas were on the NSAC before buying the UFC and have generally worked very hard in lobbing across multiple AC's if only to get the sport legalized. Plus as I said your in the position were they are by far the biggest MMA promoter, much moreso than any one boxing promoter has ever dominated that sport.

Then you have foreign events were judges are either directly hired by the UFC or by local commissions who's independence is seriously questionable as they've often only been recently formed seemingly for the purpose of putting on UFC events.

Then you have the incredibly weak and spinless MMA media thats essentially a UFC PR arm, even the coverage in larger media bodies tends to be along those lines due to a lack of history.

I don't really buy that, the Fertittas were on the NSAC before buying the UFC and have generally worked very hard in lobbing across multiple AC's if only to get the sport legalized. Plus as I said your in the position were they are by far the biggest MMA promoter, much moreso than any one boxing promoter has ever dominated that sport.

Then you have foreign events were judges are either directly hired by the UFC or by local comissions who's independence is seriously questionable as they've often only been recently formed for the purpose of putting on UFC events.

Then you have the incredibly weak and spinless MMA media thats essentially a UFC PR arm, even the coverage in larger media bodies tends to be along those lines due to a lack of history.

Yes and because they are the biggest org, it doesn't matter all that much who wins, because either fighter winning does not form a threat to the UFC. Where as boxing orgs have to protect their champs or prospects, because they have to compete with other orgs. Sometimes just in image/ratings/PPV buys and sometimes directly in cross promotional fights. There is more on the line for them.

Obviously they have to deal with the AC a lot and probably have bribed them here and there for differing reasons, but out off all the incompetent judging almost none, if not none, were clearly suspect of ruling in favor of the UFC's interest, IMO. Also most abroad cards don't have the most stakes on the line in the bigger picture of the UFC's future, so I don't think they care too much about who wins, but more just about the quality of the fights.
Just the risk of getting caught does not seem to be worth the potential gains to be made either.

Last edited:
Have observers from both fighters’ camps watch the judges to make sure nothing screwy happens

Shogun then gives Nelson Hamilton 50 low kicks to see how ineffective they are.
You ever see that Cecil Peoples interview where he basically says he doesn't score low kicks cause they don't do anything? That f'ing guy is pathetic.

Back