• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dumbing Down of America Points in One Direction--Right

Is this another one of those threads where a certain segment of people accuse the opposite side of doing the very thing they themselves are doing? Neat.

Well, either you make statements based on what posters say about their education or you can't make any statement at all.
But you can't subjectively judge how trustworthy single users are and then make statements about something like the distribution of college degrees, I assume most leftists didn't send you copies of their certificates either.

First, I don't think lacking a college degree would put anyone, on this forum or around the country, on a lower peg. Important to say that.

And you're right, I don't know. But I can make a guess. Generally someone has to use logic/reasoning to get through any higher education program. When I see users consistently failing to use such logic, and sticking with their emotions, I can come to a conclusion.

I could be right I could be wrong. That and I don't run into many left wing posters on this site trashing higher education.

I don't know, but I can make a pretty good guess. Or at least as good of one as assuming most on either side DO have a degree.

Keep turning your 11 year olds into ze's and zer's. I hear those puberty blocking pills and hormones are the real science.

I dont have any 11 year olds, and dont agree with a portion of our nation being gender confused. What a sweeping, cheap generalization.

Puberty blockers can be used for children with early hormonal issues, but are often used in the trans community. You can argue whether or not you view these drugs as being harmful, and I would probably agree with you if your position was that children should not be compelled to alter their bodies by adults, not even their parents, but by no means are they not based in real science. What an unbelievably stupid thing for you to say.

You're aware that a lot of the lack of education comes from inner cities and minority communities? Blacks have slightly improved educationally over the past 25 years while Hispanics have not.

These are traditionally staunchly democratic groups.

If the war room is any indication of the dumbing down of America, look at the left. I mean @DickSarp should know.

Stopped reading once partisanship was connected to intelligence... just stop...

Maybe I am misunderstanding the OP but it seems like Trump (I have mixed feelings on him....not pure pro or pure anti Trump) hasn't been in power long enough to have caused those statistics/statements listed in the OP.

OT ramblings:

I am overly educated and had a long respected career in medicine, however, I can also be ignorant about many things (well informed on some issues and clueless about other issues). I can be both intelligent and an idiot, lol.

Philosophically I am Libertarian but at the same time I don't think a pure Libertarian approach to government can work (imo). I also have always considered myself to be a social liberal and financial conservative. I was shocked to find out that according to some poll (linked here on another thread) that I classify as a core conservative. LOL, I'm an atheist who is pro-choice and pro-decriminalization of drugs. I don't think the survey asked about guns (pro-NRA despite my medical background) otherwise I would have thought that was what caused the test to label me as core conservative. I think it was a flawed test, lol.

I wonder why the Kochs are spending millions in "donations" to universities to promote their shitty libertarian ideas?

Koch University
Ayn Rand Character Appreciation (Insert Course ID)
Syllabus By Quarter

Quarter 1
lhjhbB9.gif

Quarter 2
gimme-gimme-gif.gif

Quarter 3
tenor.gif

Quarter 4
tenor.gif

Maybe I am misunderstanding the OP but it seems like Trump (I have mixed feelings on him....not pure pro or pure anti Trump) hasn't been in power long enough to have caused those statistics/statements listed in the OP.

OT ramblings:

I am overly educated and had a long respected career in medicine, however, I can also be ignorant about many things (well informed on some issues and clueless about other issues). I can be both intelligent and an idiot, lol.

Philosophically I am Libertarian but at the same time I don't think a pure Libertarian approach to government can work (imo). I also have always considered myself to be a social liberal and financial conservative. I was shocked to find out that according to some poll (linked here on another thread) that I classify as a core conservative. LOL, I'm an atheist who is pro-choice and pro-decriminalization of drugs. I don't think the survey asked about guns (pro-NRA despite my medical background) otherwise I would have thought that was what caused the test to label me as core conservative. I think it was a flawed test, lol.
I would say the Trump administration is a sign/example of what the OP is talking about, a symptom of the cancer that's turned even more aggressive now. Anti-intellectualism has led us here, and the current administration will push it even further.

OT ramblings:

Stick around, share your opinions, be called names like bigot and sexist and labeled a Nazi. You too can become an alt righter!

hey even Brocko derided American "Exceptionalism" as an outdated, irrelevant pursuit to be replaced by a more "inclusive" doctrine, *read Third World agenda where everyone is poor except the elite.

A thread just calling the other side stupid. Very intellectual.

And all the dumb GIFS definetly confirm the intellectual superiority.

How long would a thread last if the roles were reversed. Mods probably wouldn't be cool with it

Its Rip. Either a troll (95% sure of it) or the literal personification of a dumbed down society.

I've hoped he is real, so badly. I want Jesus and all that stuff to be real, only for him to come back and be like
anigif_enhanced-buzz-2811-1428518451-10.gif

And see Rip's posts here, after he's not raptured out of his socks.
tim-and-eric_mind-blown_sis1.gif

OT ramblings:

I'm with ya

I'm for decriminalization of all drugs. Pro Gay Marriage. Pro Choice(mostly). Anti war, and an atheist.

In this place I'm frequently called a Nazi.

It's a fun place!

I've hoped he is real, so badly. I want Jesus and all that stuff to be real, only for him to come back and be like
anigif_enhanced-buzz-2811-1428518451-10.gif

And see Rip's posts here, after he's not raptured out of his socks.
tim-and-eric_mind-blown_sis1.gif

Man, you are so over-the-top.

When the intellectuals themselves are anti-intellectual on a dozen topics, it makes it hard to take them seriously.

I'm with ya

I'm for decriminalization of all drugs. Pro Gay Marriage. Pro Choice(mostly). Anti war, and an atheist.

In this place I'm frequently called a Nazi.

It's a fun place!
And I'm a non partisan centrist who gets called a liberal snowflake all the time. This place thrives on bipartisan mud slinging. And there's far more posts coming from the right than the left, not that there's even anything wrong with that, it's just silly for anyone to act like a victim.

Back