The dream team: Kruck and Goldie

lewisll

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Goldie: "Fighter XY is Jordanesque in BJJ"
Kruck: "It's like i'm watching the Lord of the Rings."

UFC needs to make this happen. I don't think i would see any of the fights from laughing so hard.

Last edited:
Kruck was making Goldie look like the Michael Jordan of BJJ last night.

KJ Noons is of course a strong counterpunter.
BIIIG left upperkick!!!

Kruck was god-awful last night. He had no personality when he commentated, much the same as Anik.

Even more the reason to like Mauro. :cool:

We gonna need BIIIG tapouts.

Kruck was god-awful last night. He had no personality when he commentated, much the same as Anik.

Even more the reason to like Mauro. :cool:

Oh he did have personality. I thought he was hilarious.

Like when reading the most significant events in Strikeforce history choices. He was trying to be creative and describe them in his own words but he was kind of having trouble with it and was struggling. In the end he discribed every choice with the word rivalry. He was just hilarious all the way.

Last edited:
I thought Kruck did alright considering who he was stuck between. I like Pat, but him and Frank fighting for voice-time is annoying as shit.

Ron Kruck reminded me of UFC 1, where the announcers seem to not know what the FUCK is going on. His bad quotes towards Mauro and his half-ass analogy attempts suck. It would have been better if it was just Pat and Frank.

Mauro, as annoying as he can be, is worlds better than either Goldie or Kruck. But Goldberg has been improving over teh last couple years.

I'd like to see them replace Anik/Florian with Quadros/Bas.

Mauro, as annoying as he can be, is worlds better than either Goldie or Kruck. But Goldberg has been improving over teh last couple years.

I'd like to see them replace Anik/Florian with Quadros/Bas.

Good idea (though I actually do like KenFlo as a commentator). Let us celebrate this statement.

[YT]JpF2JKtTISY[/YT]

golide and rogan, best combo by far ever

im not a stickler for accuracy, i enjoy passion and excitement - rogan has the great analysis (though biased at times) and entertainment while golide is the endearing soccer mom who brings oranges cut up to suck on and cheers real loud

I find Schiavello to be by far the most entertaining pbp guy in the world. You combine him with Rogan and/or Miletich (dusky baritone) and I'm happy. Quadros is vanilla as fuck, Goldberg is way too repetitive, and I have no idea which one's talking when Anik and Florian are commentating so I couldn't tell you where Jonny stands.

Bottom line, Schiavello is my personal fave and it's not even close.

Goldie: "Fighter XY is Jordanesque in BJJ"
Kruck: "It's like i'm watching the Lord of the Rings."

UFC needs to make this happen. I don't think i would see any of the fights from laughing so hard.

LOL that would be great...then gus johnson can do in ring interviews

Damn i thought you were talking about Jon Kruck.

would be hilarious, and Ortiz doing all the post fight interviews.

Kruck was bad...but the dream team would be Bill Wallace on PBP and Tito on color.

[YT]JzynOCnAVqU[/YT]

With Scott "Cancer Voice" Ferral as ring announcer.

There seems to be no evidence left on the internet of Ferralls horrific job he did at Yamma Pit Fighting..so i leave you with this funny write up about it.

Scott Ferrall's aural assault
YAMMA Pit Fighting 1, 4/11/08

We really wish we could find the highlight-video of this, but the Internet seems to have swallowed it in anger. But basically, Scott Ferrall — who's a radio host despite having the most horrendous-sounding voice in human history — was booked as the ring announcer for YAMMA's ill-fated first/last event. Not only was he a pain to listen to, but his introductions made absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever. For example:

— "Kevin Mulhall will be our referee for this beautiful matchup of warriors and freaks ready to pound and dance…”

— “And here he is, fight-fans, you love him, you know him, you’re used to the bridge that comes from the big 6'4", 264 pounds of thick, bringin’ it hard leverage, 27-8-and 0…”

— “Here we are, after the tournament and 2 victories apiece for these badasses and warriors, ready for the heavyweight title and grabbing that YAMMA Pit belt, the strap-on. This is what it’s all about at the Taj, Are you ready to dance, shake it oooohhhh?”

It went on like this, all night. The inclined YAMMA pit was supposed to be the future of MMA — and a man with throat cancer and dementia was supposed to be the future of MMA ring announcing. Makes you appreciate Bruce Buffer just a little bit more, huh?

Back