• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The downfall of Travis Browne

I'm really starting to doubt Brendans ability to assess fighters and their skills, to claim that a former HS basketball player who didn't start training until he was 26-27 along with a questionable chin is a pretty bold statement.

It's one thing if you talk about Kyle Snyder or another athlete of that level, but Travis Browne hell no.

Chael said it first.

I dounno...kinda feel his footwork would eventually cause him serious knee problema. His frame is to big to be doing that dominick cruz shit

No. No, he won't...
I know there’s a lot of doubters, but, listen, life’s about falling down and getting up. It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down, it’s about getting back up. So if there’s any kid out there that’s told by a parent or a coach or a teacher or somebody that they look up to, somebody that’s supposed to push them and believe in them and they’re told no, don’t listen to them. Believe in yourself. Sometimes the outcome isn’t always what you desire it to be, but the true failure in life is not trying at all.

I know there’s a lot of doubters, but, listen, life’s about falling down and getting up. It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down, it’s about getting back up. So if there’s any kid out there that’s told by a parent or a coach or a teacher or somebody that they look up to, somebody that’s supposed to push them and believe in them and they’re told no, don’t listen to them. Believe in yourself. Sometimes the outcome isn’t always what you desire it to be, but the true failure in life is not trying at all.
CM Punk is that you??

Nice post ;-)

Shit, I like Browne, everytime he fightS its a good scrap even if he gets thrashed. Also hes fought 3 former UFC champs in his last 5 fights

I dounno...kinda feel his footwork would eventually cause him serious knee problema. His frame is to big to be doing that dominick cruz shit

He never did, his footwork was always ill coordinated plus I'd say a big factor vs Werdum and Cain is that he didn't want to get taken down.

Ultimately those questionable elbows and Overeem gassing himself looking for a TKO were behind his rise not any high level standup ability.

I find it hard to feel sorry for him, something about Browne rubs me the wrong way. Then when he got with Ronda and Edmond it confirmed it all for me, it's kinda fitting that they're a team, I cant decide which of them is more cringeworthy.
The link is they are all damaged people with chip on shoulder

They all have blatant insecurity

I remember noticing travis insecurity after the overeem fight he was going on about he had to be a man and this speech about how he MUST BE A MAN etc
Secure people don't give a fuck about projecting

I liked Travis Browne when he first came into the UFC and before I really got to know his personality. I liked his HW Cruz style.

Browne is a dirty fighter and a prick. Here's a short list:
  • He said he didn't want Bigfoot to make a name off of him when Bigfoot was a much more popular fighter.
  • He has won multiple fights with illegal 12 to 6 elbows. I think they should be legal but they're not, so he should have been DQ'ed
  • Used Barnett's slashing throat gesture after beating Barnett with illegal elbows when Barnett had been respectful in the lead up
  • Dating Ronda Rousey
  • Abused his girlfriend or wife - whatever she was. Look at the pics. He beat the shit out of her. Pics at bottom.
  • Bullied journalists during press conferences multiple times
  • Multiple eye gouges during several fights with the most egregious being the Mitrione fight
  • Associates himself with sleaze bag Edmund
  • Finally....this photo. Some random dad happened to be taking a photo of his daughter, and you can see Travis Browne trying to intimidate him in the background. The photo has been cropped and the daughter is in full focus in the bottom left of the real uncropped photo. Just some kid having a birthday party with her dad and family. The daughter was obviously the target of the photo but Browne thinks this random dad is creeping on him and Rousey.
hqdefault.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-04-22-at-11.06.49-AM.png

Browne is a prick for real, and I love watching him get his fucking ass kicked. I hope he stays with Edmond and has 25 more MMA fights.

Heres what you do bro. Copy this post, create new thread, paste post. post thread.

To be fair Travis beat the hell out of her. She left him.
To be fair to Browne there is little evidence that her accusations are true.

It is equally plausible she found out he was getting some on the side from RRR and decided to get even.

To be fair to Browne there is little evidence that her accusations are true.

It is equally plausible she found out he was getting some on the side from RRR and decided to get even.
{<doc}

Through a fake accusation on social media.

You realize that Browne was never even charged, right?

And that the UFC's independent investigation through a law firm found no evidence of wrongdoing?

Browne is no saint but there is way more evidence that Rumble for example has committed domestic violence than against Browne.

Back