The DNC and RNC believe in nothing, change my mind

The Affordable Care Act was as affordable as the Patriot Act was patriotic.... okay, you got him there. They gave a bunch of broke motherfuckers free insurance as a way of trying to buy another couple of generations worth of votes from that sector.

There lies the difference. Blue team wants to buy votes from poor people while the red team wants to buy votes from rich people. Bravo.
Some people were net losers on the aca but overall it was very beneficial. The big difference between democrats and republicans is democrats make difficult decisions on how to pay for these programs whereas republicans just pile on to deficits, like with tax cuts. They’re cowards. Real conservatives with a spine would have made cuts to ensure that tax cuts don’t add to deficits but you know, that’s hard.

I also don’t buy your premise here. Most voters are middle class so you can win elections “buying votes” from the poor or rich.

Democrats don't believe in economic justice.

Republicans don't believe in a free market.

Democrats believe in economic justice for corporations who don't donate and support the party. If you want tougher regulation, or just to have existing regulation actually be enforced, you better hope the corporation in question supports the RNC, and Republicans. Economic justice isn't for corporations who support the DNC and Democrats.

Republicans believe in the free market for corporations that support the Republican party. If you don't, like Amazon, or Google, or YouTube, y'all become fucking marxists.

The RNC, and DNC believe in nothing but their own money and power.

Discuss.......
Agreed.

But they are all liars, because they are corrupt. Unless your values are in being for sale to the highest bidder, then none of them represent your values.

Whether I am right or wrong, I believed Ron Paul wasn't corrupt. I supported him. I believe Bernie Sanders isn't corrupt. I support him.

My values are in not being a whore.
Bernie Sanders May or may not be corrupt, but I can’t support a candidate who’s only interested in taking my earnings and distributing them to others who didn’t earn them.

DNC just reversed its ruling on taking contributions from Fossil Fuel companies

so uh ya, I agree entirely

Hopefully conservatives and people who lean right like yourself realize that the people in power, barring a few exceptions, are not principled republicans but solely interested in distributing wealth upwards.

I don't lean right and it's a rare occasion a Republican has gotten my vote. So yeah, I already have a pretty low opinion of what the party produces.

Bernie Sanders May or may not be corrupt, but I can’t support a candidate who’s only interested in taking my earnings and distributing them to others who didn’t earn them.

So I really don't think that is what Bernie wants. Universal HC will save this country money, if done with minimum competence.

The rising cost of HC and higher education must be fixed. I'm open to competing ideas, but Bernie seems to be the only one seriously stepping to the plate.

He also believes in infastructure spending.

Do you not think a educated, healthy public, with good infastructure is a country you want to live in?

You say the cost, but you can lower the cost of HC and higher education easily, because they are rampant with waste and fraud. It is low hanging fruit. I get having little confidence in the government, but what are your other options?

I don't lean right and it's a rare occasion a Republican has gotten my vote. So yeah, I already have a pretty low opinion of what the party produces.
My bad, I thought you leaned right.

So I really don't think that is what Bernie wants. Universal HC will save this country money, if done with minimum competence.

The rising cost of HC and higher education must be fixed. I'm open to competing ideas, but Bernie seems to be the only one seriously stepping to the plate.

He also believes in infastructure spending.

Do you not think a educated, healthy public, with good infastructure is a country you want to live in?

You say the cost, but you can lower the cost of HC and higher education easily, because they are rampant with waste and fraud. It is low hanging fruit. I get having little confidence in the government, but what are your other options?
I want the government out of our lives as much as possible. Name one thing the government runs efficiently? Private ownership and personal responsibility is the only fair way to go. The only taxation should be a flat rate. The same percentage for everyone. How is that not fair? You will never convince me that punishing the successful is a good method of management. You will never convince me that distribution if wealth is a good answer.

The only way to reduce healthcare costs is to allow more competition.

Look at the VA as an introduction to universal healthcare. Just image the VA on a massive scale. No thank you.

Private ownership and allowing capitalism to work is the only way to keep people motivated to succeed.

I want the government out of our lives as much as possible. Name one thing the government runs efficiently? Private ownership and personal responsibility is the only fair way to go. The only taxation should be a flat rate. The same percentage for everyone. How is that not fair? You will never convince me that punishing the successful is a good method of management. You will never convince me that distribution if wealth is a good answer.

Look at the VA as an introduction to universal healthcare. Just image the VA on a massive scale. No thank you.

Private ownership and allowing capitalism to work is the only way to keep people motivated to succeed.

I have been to the VA. Do you know what % GDP we would be spending if the VA ran our HC? 10%

We spend 17% currently. FYI, combat vets tend to have a few more health issues then the average American.

If we hit 20% GDP on HC costs, it is going to start threatening our entire economy. It really could crash the global economy. This is what crashed the USSR, but instead of HC spending, it was military spending. You can't siphon off that much capital to one sector that produces limited economic activity, without eventually crashing your economy.

As far as the redistribution stuff. Your on some alternative history stuff there. We tried it your way, we got the great depression as a result. When we tried it my way, we got the largest economic growth in the history of existence.

The DNC and RNC believe in nothing, change my mind

Democrats believe in economic justice for corporations

RG0BS1U.gif

Why do people mention the VA's administrative issues but don't discuss the funding issues? Properly funded, the VA would work fine. Improperly funded it doesn't.

But that's a problem in the private sector as well. We would have more doctors if Congress funded more residencies but they haven't. Therefore, we have fewer doctors overall and higher prices as a result of a supply shortage. Removing Congress from the equation wouldn't help because hospitals refuse to fund residencies on their own.

The real solution would be deregulate the steps to becoming a doctor but the general public seems to get up in arms about that idea.

Government causes a lot of unnecessary problems but, in the healthcare space, the private sector has not created a more efficient model.

Why do people mention the VA's administrative issues but don't discuss the funding issues? Properly funded, the VA would work fine. Improperly funded it doesn't.

But that's a problem in the private sector as well. We would have more doctors if Congress funded more residencies but they haven't. Therefore, we have fewer doctors overall and higher prices as a result of a supply shortage. Removing Congress from the equation wouldn't help because hospitals refuse to fund residencies on their own.

The real solution would be deregulate the steps to becoming a doctor but the general public seems to get up in arms about that idea.

Government causes a lot of unnecessary problems but, in the healthcare space, the private sector has not created a more efficient model.
Talk to people who use the VA and you will see. I deal with the VA through my job. It is poorly managed.

What gives you any idea that the government will manage it properly? Name one government entity that runs efficiently?

All politicians do is paid their own pockets.

I have been to the VA. Do you know what % GDP we would be spending if the VA ran our HC? 10%

We spend 17% currently. FYI, combat vets tend to have a few more health issues then the average American.

If we hit 20% GDP on HC costs, it is going to start threatening our entire economy. It really could crash the global economy. This is what crashed the USSR, but instead of HC spending, it was military spending. You can't siphon off that much capital to one sector that produces limited economic activity, without eventually crashing your economy.

As far as the redistribution stuff. Your on some alternative history stuff there. We tried it your way, we got the great depression as a result. When we tried it my way, we got the largest economic growth in the history of existence.
I’ll stick with my way. America may not be as great as it can be, but it’s still the most prosperous nation on earth.

Talk to people who use the VA and you will see. I deal with the VA through my job. It is poorly managed.

What gives you any idea that the government will manage it properly? Name one government entity that runs efficiently?

All politicians do is paid their own pockets.
My dad worked as the chief of his department at the VA after he retired from private practice. He retired (again) to just work there 2-3 days a week. My mom worked as a nurse in the VA after she retired from my dad's private practice.

My opinion comes from the perspective of medical professionals working within the VA both as practitioners and as administrators, who also had extensive experience with the private sector.

I didn't say the government would run it perfectly. What I said is 1) people blame the administration of the VA without properly accounting for the lack of adequate funding and that the fixing the funding issue will fix many of the VA's current problems. 2) The private sector has many of the exact same problems and people disregard those issues because of the patina of "private sector". I think that in the healthcare sector, the private sector is elevated unreasonably.

My dad worked as the chief of his department at the VA after he retired from private practice. He retired (again) to just work there 2-3 days a week. My mom worked as a nurse in the VA after she retired from my dad's private practice.

My opinion comes from the perspective of medical professionals working within the VA both as practitioners and as administrators, who also had extensive experience with the private sector.

I didn't say the government would run it perfectly. What I said is 1) people blame the administration of the VA without properly accounting for the lack of adequate funding and that the fixing the funding issue will fix many of the VA's current problems. 2) The private sector has many of the exact same problems and people disregard those issues because of the patina of "private sector". I think that in the healthcare sector, the private sector is elevated unreasonably.
I don’t blame the admin. I blame politicians and government ineptness. Of course the private sector isn’t perfect either, but anything the government gets its greedy claws into, will certainly be worse. There is too much red tape and it will end up being a political pawn.

Like Republicans do for corporate welfare queens and farmers?

Back