The Dirt (Motley Crue Biopic)

They were interesting and crazy enough to deserve it though. It’s not always about being just big. Being entertaining is not important. I imagine some of the biggest acts being pretty boring. Some, obviously there are big ones that are bat shit crazy.
I doubt Gnr was very boring tho...... Metallica maybe.

I vowed to never watch a movie with MGK, so i turned it off.

I just hate that guys face.
I didn't realize it was him till it was over.

He definitely has a punchable face. By punchable I mean soccer stomps ala PRIDE fighting.

I doubt Gnr was very boring tho...... Metallica maybe.
No doubt. GNR should have already had their own movie. But there are plenty of bigger bands than Motley Crue that would have put people to sleep with a movie about them. With the success of the Queen movie I imagine they are going to try to do more biopic movies.

The hairband era was a little before my time and although I have become a huge fan of 80s music over the years, I never have really gotten into Crue outside of Home Sweet Home and Dr Feelgood. But I remember reading stories about these guys growing up so I was pretty pumped to see this one as I am a big fan of biopic films.

The actors did a great job but the pacing was pretty piss poor (How does Netflix make such great shows yet continue to fail at making movies?) and the movie seemed kind of cartoonish to me. When a movie ends with "and they played another 20 years" thats pretty bad. I want to see those 20 years. I still enjoyed the movie overall but I guess I just expected more. 6/10

Also, why did they make Tommy Lee look like a genuine nice kid who just gets too drunk sometimes? We all know the real Tommy Lee was an animal yet hes portrayed as the opposite in this movie for the most part.

The hairband era was a little before my time and although I have become a huge fan of 80s music over the years, I never have really gotten into Crue outside of Home Sweet Home and Dr Feelgood. But I remember reading stories about these guys growing up so I was pretty pumped to see this one as I am a big fan of biopic films.

Dude, early 80's Hair/Glam bands was the majority of Metal then. All you had to do was play some radio friendly music, be decent looking in make up and tight clothes, and the world would be your oyster. Shit, just realized that still holds true today, lol.

Was kind of glad when Grunge killed that whole scene, but as an old man, 80's metal has a nostalgic value to it now. And I get a kick out of young kids rocking out to it.

Dr feelgood was really their only good song it was like the only one i heard as a kid, but that guns and roses was the shit, also bon jovi and van halen.
Dr Feelgood is a great album. If you like Dr Feelgood song then don't see why you wouldn't like other songs on the album.

The only MC songs I really liked - remind me of my best friend in high school. he was more in to hair rock like crue whereas I was in to trash, punk,

Kinda wish I could go back to those days when things were much simpler - go to school, save money for beer, go out on weekends drink, listen to music, skateboard/bmx.

My first intro to Crüe was the Shout album. When Theater came out a lot of dudes labeled them as sellouts for going girly glam. In hindsight, it was a smart decision. The demographic for the hair metal shifted from teen boys to teen girls, as teen boys were going more thrash metal thanks to Metallica going mainstream. WASP tried to straddle the line between hair and thrash and the result was lukewarm. Thank god for Metallica, Slayer, MegaDave, and Anthrax. Scott Ian and S.O.D. saved my youth from spandex, lol.

The only reason I and other guys went to hair metal concerts was the same reason Crüe went glam......sooooooooo many fucking hot girls at these shows dressed in as little as possible hoping to get picked to go backstage.

I watched it and it felt like watching a comic book. I was never a fan of their music and they all came off like giant assholes in the movie. But it is all okay because they came together at the end because they were like a family. haha The nudity made it watchable.

But I am missing something....Tommy Lee got married to Heather Locklear and Pamela Anderson. He was doing something right.

Mick Mars constantly referring to Tommy Lee as "drummer" instead of by his name cracked me up every time.

I watched it and it felt like watching a comic book. I was never a fan of their music and they all came off like giant assholes in the movie. But it is all okay because they came together at the end because they were like a family. haha The nudity made it watchable.

But I am missing something....Tommy Lee got married to Heather Locklear and Pamela Anderson. He was doing something right.

Yeah, it was called a having huge cock.

read the book almost 20 years ago. good read.

The actors did a great job but the pacing was pretty piss poor (How does Netflix make such great shows yet continue to fail at making movies?) and the movie seemed kind of cartoonish to me. When a movie ends with "and they played another 20 years" thats pretty bad. I want to see those 20 years. I still enjoyed the movie overall but I guess I just expected more. 6/10

Also, why did they make Tommy Lee look like a genuine nice kid who just gets too drunk sometimes? We all know the real Tommy Lee was an animal yet hes portrayed as the opposite in this movie for the most part.

I was confused by how Tommy Lee was portrayed as well, by all accounts he was a degenerate asshole, he's played in this full like he was a puppy.

Was pretty good, not a fan of their music really but plenty of tits and drugs, would have been fun to be in that band that's for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back