The Difference Between a Noob-spaz and an Accident?

Thanks, I'll definetly give it a try. I might not be able to because my legs are so long. I have trouble getting my knee into their butt when i'm trying to pass guard, but It seems like something that people might not expect. If worse comes to worse I can just do the shrimping thing.

i am tall too. your height will not come into play here. you are circiling your knee under their butt from behind. if anythign your long legs might help here.

as for the guard pass. i think you are talking about the knee through pass. it will work for you when the person walks their legs up for a high closed guard. if they are low around your hips don't try it, but as soon as they walk up stand and go for hte pass. if nothing else it will cause them to go lower with their guard and tak away that armbar threat.

i am tall too. your height will not come into play here. you are circiling your knee under their butt from behind. if anythign your long legs might help here.

as for the guard pass. i think you are talking about the knee through pass. it will work for you when the person walks their legs up for a high closed guard. if they are low around your hips don't try it, but as soon as they walk up stand and go for hte pass. if nothing else it will cause them to go lower with their guard and tak away that armbar threat.

i figured out myself when to and when not to use that pass, i wish someone told me it would have saved me some time.... i have long legs and when someone has a fairly low guard and you attempt the stand up and knee in the butt guard break, you end up with the person's butt sitting on your thigh instead of your knee... whereas if it's a high guard you can get your leg bent at more of an acute angle so when you squat back down the knee can be right up their butt.

i figured out myself when to and when not to use that pass, i wish someone told me it would have saved me some time.... i have long legs and when someone has a fairly low guard and you attempt the stand up and knee in the butt guard break, you end up with the person's butt sitting on your thigh instead of your knee... whereas if it's a high guard you can get your leg bent at more of an acute angle so when you squat back down the knee can be right up their butt.

Yeah that's what happens with me too. That's gonna save me a bunch of time and energy, trying to go for something that's not gonna work.

Can you combine it with the elbows in the thighs as well to create space?

Back