The Current Lumpinee Champions - Class of 2013!

Samurai Life**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
http://samurailife.net/the-current-lumpinee-champions-2013/

:D Singpatong massive! Awesome work from Num Noi and that gym of savages, in PATONG - Phuket's Sin City and the closest thing I've seen to Pattaya outside of Pattaya! THREE current champs in Penek, Penthai and Damien Alamos, plus a handful of Omnoi, Ch.7 and WMC belts in the past calendar year.

Singpatong Gym of the Year 2012 fo'sho

I thought Damien Alamos lost his belt? Guess it wasn't on the line against Deiselek...

Bit offtopic, but Kyaw was outweighed by approx 15 pounds that day. Ofcourse they

Lumpini goes up to 154. Saiyok was champion, now it's vacant.

Pentai would be my favorite champion, he one of the most exciting thai's on the circuit right now

I thought Damien Alamos lost his belt? Guess it wasn't on the line against Deiselek...

Something to do with promotion. Alamos is considered a valuable champ. Some of the Bangla Stadium promoters who work with Num Noi and Alamos's Lumpinee promoters told me they (all) want him to have a Phuket run during high season - snag as many French tourists as poss I guess. Good attraction for the stadium anyway, a Lumpinee champ, and he trains five mins drive away up the hill

Of course all the above aint a totally good thing; for example they were going to give Alamos a fight with Phetasswin at Bangla about ten days ago... then changed to a softer opponent. Didn't want to risk him losing his first fight of the "summer run" ;)

Something to do with promotion. Alamos is considered a valuable champ. Some of the Bangla Stadium promoters who work with Num Noi and Alamos's Lumpinee promoters told me they (all) want him to have a Phuket run during high season - snag as many French tourists as poss I guess. Good attraction for the stadium anyway, a Lumpinee champ, and he trains five mins drive away up the hill

Of course all the above aint a totally good thing; for example they were going to give Alamos a fight with Phetasswin at Bangla about ten days ago... then changed to a softer opponent. Didn't want to risk him losing his first fight of the "summer run" ;)

Lamtong was a much tougher fight than glass jaw Petasawin would have been.

Didn't want to risk him losing, or was it because Petasawin now appears to be in the Isuzu Cup again and is fighting in it this Saturday?

Lumpini champs don't defend their title every fight either, they should defend it every 6 months, other than that its up to them and the promoter. The promoter gets charged a sanctioning fee each time also so they don't want the champs under their wing defending every fight either

Lamtong was a much tougher fight than glass jaw Petasawin would have been.

Didn't want to risk him losing, or was it because Petasawin now appears to be in the Isuzu Cup again and is fighting in it this Saturday?

Nah, the promoter that night (Mr Sombat) told me it was because Petasswin was a risk. They want a nicely sustained Phuket run from Alamos until high season gives way to the late April rain...

LOL'd at "glass jaw Petasswin", but Liam H landed hard on him and couldn't put him out. He's not that chinny. He's no Phetchartchay or Will Chope either, mind.

Petasswin is fighting Sittichai on Friday on my sponsor's cage event in Ko Samui. None of them have mentioned him being pulled out of it for the Isuzu Cup or another fight...

http://samurailife.net/vicious-circle-friday-night-fight-night-sittichai-vs-petasswin-main-event/

The Alamos decision in Bangla was pretty questionable to me. Deiselek owned him at Lumpinee. He's good but I can't say I really like the fact he's able to hold that belt for marketing purposes. Really diminishes the title IMO...

yeah. I'd favour Sagetdao, Singdam, Saenchai, Petchboonchu, DieselLek and more over Damien between LW and LWW.

He's still elite and quality, and it must be a great help for Singpatong gym - when I went over there more than half the lads were French :)

The Alamos decision in Bangla was pretty questionable to me. Deiselek owned him at Lumpinee. He's good but I can't say I really like the fact he's able to hold that belt for marketing purposes. Really diminishes the title IMO...

Lumpini stadium aren't letting him hold on to the belt, just so Bangladesh promoters can get a good high season of tourists in!

Back